No announcement yet.

Omaha World Herald Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that we will finish top 5 and will call that a sucess.

The reason we are being picked 6 - 8 is pretty simple:

Kyle Wilson was a very good player. We did not have a known bench player that could step in and take his place. Usually there is someone on the bench that is a tick behind the starter and we didn't have that. Until one of the newbies steps up and proves himself, we still don't have that. That makes us less of a team than last year IMO. Where did we finish last year ?

We have an obvious hole at the post (no offense Phil, you are awesome for 6'7") until EO shows up. I would say that we are one of the weakest teams in the MVC at the post currently.

We have very limited depth. The scoring in the exibition was all from the four returning players. I hope that the new guys get over the jitters and step up (and I think that they will) but until then if one of our top four go down, we're in trouble.

Our two Turg recruits over 6'-7" both bailed on us and as great of a job that CGM did, we still don't have a legit D-1 post on this team. We must get EO here and even then, we may be expecting way too much from him. He's got alot going against him. He's a freshmen, never played D-1 ball, he's from overseas, and he sounds very thin. He's got two things going for him, he run's like a gazelle and dunks eveything.

Hope nobody takes any of this wrong. Like I said, I'm looking at the glass 1/2 full and hoping for a top 5 finish. PJ, GM, MB are the best guard combo in the MVC and can carry us a long way.

We are all infected with Shockermania so it may distort our view slightly

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by moshock
      I think that we will finish top 5 and will call that a sucess.

The reason we are being picked 6 - 8 is pretty simple:

Kyle Wilson was a very good player. We did not have a known bench player that could step in and take his place. Usually there is someone on the bench that is a tick behind the starter and we didn't have that. Until one of the newbies steps up and proves himself, we still don't have that. That makes us less of a team than last year IMO. Where did we finish last year ?

We have an obvious hole at the post (no offense Phil, you are awesome for 6'7") until EO shows up. I would say that we are one of the weakest teams in the MVC at the post currently.

We have very limited depth. The scoring in the exibition was all from the four returning players. I hope that the new guys get over the jitters and step up (and I think that they will) but until then if one of our top four go down, we're in trouble.

Our two Turg recruits over 6'-7" both bailed on us and as great of a job that CGM did, we still don't have a legit D-1 post on this team. We must get EO here and even then, we may be expecting way too much from him. He's got alot going against him. He's a freshmen, never played D-1 ball, he's from overseas, and he sounds very thin. He's got two things going for him, he run's like a gazelle and dunks eveything.

Hope nobody takes any of this wrong. Like I said, I'm looking at the glass 1/2 full and hoping for a top 5 finish. PJ, GM, MB are the best guard combo in the MVC and can carry us a long way.

We are all infected with Shockermania so it may distort our view slightly

:wsu_posters:
      Bingo, nice analysis.
      KW was a good player (from an even better family), despite playing out of position. Who has replaced his output? Based on current new personnel, it's MG. RMart was a serviceable player in the paint. He did more dirty work than the janitor cleaning the johns at Koch. His targeted replacement is RC.
      Has there been an upgrade? It's way too early to make a judgment, but MOShock makes an obvious point about the impact losing the two MT recruits.
      The late arrival dictated the recruiting direction CGM had to pursue. Considering the timing and available players, he did a remarkable job. But the circumstances and M. O. are very similar to when MT assumed control. 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I agree with moshock.

Im predicting 5th myself with some upside possible. 8th is crazy.. I only see that happening if PJ went down and even then it might be low.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
          Who cares, it'll be good bulletin board material. Pre-season doesn't mean squat. 5th, 9th, or 1st in November is moot.

Go Shockers!
          Have to agree with this, hell it barely matters in December. Remember this is why the games are played on the court and not on paper...

Comment

Working...
          X