Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shox8498
    Originally posted by baylrballa
    It was a shot at mich st. didn't even think about how else it might be taken.
    That's good, because I was ready to come back with "our shootouts are usually on a basketball court......"

On a similar note, I would also have to chuckle at your comment about ignorance is BLISS.......your words, not ours.

But since you backed off, I will make every effort to keep relations between BU and WSU on a good footing.

One question though.......just being honest. Why can't we ever seem to hook up in baseball? Is it your conference affiliation that automatically exempts you from considering scheduling us? I'm still mystified why the BIG XII almost completely ignores us. I am almost 100% certain that Gene and staff here would jump at the opportunity to play home and home with Baylor. Is it departoTEXophobia (fear of leaving the state of Texas?). I thought your brethren in Austin were the only ones with that particular affliction. Am I wrong?

(crickets chirping.....waiting patiently for your answer)
    I'm sure you would jump at a home and home. It's not near as attractive to us.

we've made a few trips to cali and arizona the last few years, but there's so many good teams and good weather around here.

Comment

Weather has not been a valid excuse for at least a couple of years.

Late April and May are always available.

Using weather as an excuse.......why would Long Beach State, USC, Fullerton State and Arizona State want to come up here?

Fact is.........all of these schools have come to Wichita. And they'll probably come back. But you and many of your conference co-conspirators haven't. And it isn't becasue Gene wouldn't return a visit game-for-game.

Try again. Your response is inadequate, friend.

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
        Weather has not been a valid excuse for at least a couple of years.

Late April and May are always available.

Using weather as an excuse.......why would Long Beach State, USC, Fullerton State and Arizona State want to come up here?

Fact is.........all of these schools have come to Wichita. And they'll probably come back. But you and many of your conference co-conspirators haven't. And it isn't becasue Gene wouldn't return a visit game-for-game.

Try again. Your response is inadequate, friend.
        I've been to maybe 5 baseball games in my life. I find it an incredibly boring sport. Sorry my reasons were inadequate for you. Maybe it's because we think we are in a bigger, superior conference and don't want to, or have to, travel to wichita. Was that what you wanted to hear?

Comment

Not exactly.......but I'm not surprised at what a follower of the Big XII "thinks".......

I honestly want to keep it friendly, but if I have to resort to something similar to "Tim Russert posing the tough questions to Hillary Clinton", then I won't hesitate.

Comment

But to add some, I'd sure enjoy eliminating the need to have to ask these questions.

Comment

It's 75 degrees here today. No rain has fallen in nearly 2 weeks. Wonder what it will be like in March.........or April.......or May.

Comment

Originally posted by baylrballa
                I know our big 12 brethren tell us all the time how we are no good at anything.
                That's because we're surprised you're still in our conference. :sarcasm:

Shake this one off, Baylor fan. Every team has it's rough losses.

BTW, your Baylor Ballpark is very nice.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I got to watch part baseball and softball games down there at Baylor a couple of years ago and both parks are gorgeous. The baseball stadium kind of reminded me of Eck but starkly different at the same time. I think my best way of explaining it is that Baylor's stadium gave of more of a homey, warm, rich feeling kind of like you get from looking at pictures of Wrigley Field while Eck gives off more of a majestic, rowdy, powerful image like Yankees Stadium. I'm not sure if that makes much sense to anyone who hasn't seen both of them, but that's just the feel I got.

The softball stadium looked just like a minuature version of the baseball field. I think most college baseball teams would love to have a field that looked half that good. Most of their sports facilities were right there in that same area and all were amazing.

Now as for the rest of the city of Waco, thats another story...

Comment

Working...
                  X