Baylor loses to D2 in exhibition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor loses to D2 in exhibition

Baylor lost to Tarleton State, a small D2 school in Texas tonight, 95-85. Tarleton supposedly shot almost 80% from 3-land while Baylor took more than half their shots from the 3. Baylor played four guards a fair share of the game.

Baylorfan is not real happy.

Don't know if it means much, but I thought some might find this interesting.

Any Baylor fan daring to alter their prediction on the WSU game and their NCAA Tourney plans?

Comment

you wont get a answer for a while, they cryin themselves to sleep tonight.
      ________
      Vermont Dispensary
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

To be fair, matching up with a D2 school is difficult and if they're shooting lights out from 3 and you try and play their game by shooting a ton of 3's too, you better not miss.

Sounds like Baylor learned the hard way. Unfortunately, this may serve as a wake-up call for them.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Sounds like Baylor learned the hard way. Unfortunately, this may serve as a wake-up call for them.
          yea,,,,what he said :good:
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Most D1 schools dont play their starters most of the game! Why risk injury. :posterwsu: 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Then that would imply that Baylor has no bench then. Which could really cause problems when playing D1 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                To be fair, matching up with a D2 school is difficult and if they're shooting lights out from 3 and you try and play their game by shooting a ton of 3's too, you better not miss.

Ask Michigan State the #8 team in the country about that.
                THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

I've got a theory that D1 coaches secretly love it when their team loses an exhibition game. It causes the team to get their head out of the clouds and take every game seriously. It also increases the likelihood that the team listens to the coaches instead of tuning them out.

Comment

my expectations don't change, but it was not a fun night.

tarelton went 14-24 from three, I think they hit 7 in a row at one point in the second and probably close to 80% in the second half. they were hot. To say that was the reason we lost wouldn't be totally true though, I think I heard they have 4 or so DI transfers and a couple that started in DI last year so they did have some talent and played harder. Add to that we refused to pass to the post when they had no one over 6'8".

I hate to put much value in this game because we were switching lineups and sets up all game, and I'd argue you're going to lose ~95+% of the games, whoever you are playing, when a team outshoots you by 30% from downtown. Still not many valid excuses to lose to a DII anytime. At least we weren't ranked #8.

Comment

At least we weren't ranked #8.
                      And you never will be, in anything.

:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Wushock41

ignorance is bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by baylrballa

ignorance is bliss.
                          Tennis doesn't count.

Comment

To be fair the Baylor baseball team and women's BB team have both been very good over recent years (including a National championship for women's BB). I know you are joking but I still fail to see why denigrating the quality of the Baylor BB team is appealing to any WSU fan. We don't have a historic rivalry or incidents leading to "bad blood" on either side and we certainly have a vested interest in having Baylor be regarded as a quality opponent. Baylor is not going to win the Big XII this year but they are program that is on the rise and a loss to them would not be embarassing and a win over them might look pretty good by the end of the year.
                            The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
                              Originally posted by baylrballa

ignorance is bliss.
                              Tennis doesn't count.
                              or wbb or baseball or golf or softball or track

I know our big 12 brethren tell us all the time how we are no good at anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X