Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubGod22
    replied
    He's explained himself and it's understandable.

Leave a comment:

• SpanglerFan316
    replied
    Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Originally posted by Aargh
    At least we weren't ranked #8.
    I'm really hoping that comment was a result of the meltdown among Baylor fans after the loss.

Opponent fan comments like that on this board are viewed as an act of war by some posters here. We generally have good relations with opponent fans and try to police our own posters who go over the line. It gets pretty difficult to do that when opponent fans come here and drop bombs like that on our board.
    I think that's a jab at Michigan St, not our plummet from last year.
    My impression also.

Leave a comment:

• SpanglerFan316
    replied
    Originally posted by Wushock41
    And you never will be, in anything.

:lol:
    I don't understand being rude to a guest who comes here and gives a fair explanation of their loss. It wasn't "the refs hated us" or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Wushock41
    replied
    My apologies to the Baylor posters and baseball team. I took the post as a flame to our season last year (admittedly sensitive) and it evidently wasn't and now see it was directed towards the Spartans. Guess the Stuts recruitment process has me on edge.

As a punishment, I've told my wife I cut her Macy's card in half (even though I haven't) and I will endure this punishment until lunch tomorrow when I give it back to her.

See you Baylor folks on the 16th in the gym.

:innocent:

Leave a comment:

• Ricky Del Rio
    replied

The Baylor Bears play pretty good baseball. Damn good, actually.

Leave a comment:

• wu_shizzle
    replied

As some have said before, trashing a team before you play is a no win situation. If you lose, you've admitted losing to a lesser team. If you win, it diminishes the win, because in your eyes they were a lesser team.

Comments like that only make you look dumb.

Leave a comment:

• wu_shizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh
    I'm really hoping that comment was a result of the meltdown among Baylor fans after the loss.

Opponent fan comments like that on this board are viewed as an act of war by some posters here. We generally have good relations with opponent fans and try to police our own posters who go over the line. It gets pretty difficult to do that when opponent fans come here and drop bombs like that on our board.
    I think that's a jab at Michigan St, not our plummet from last year.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• baylrballa
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockCity
    Originally posted by baylrballa

ignorance is bliss.
    Tennis doesn't count.
    or wbb or baseball or golf or softball or track

I know our big 12 brethren tell us all the time how we are no good at anything.

Leave a comment:

• tgcshock
    replied

To be fair the Baylor baseball team and women's BB team have both been very good over recent years (including a National championship for women's BB). I know you are joking but I still fail to see why denigrating the quality of the Baylor BB team is appealing to any WSU fan. We don't have a historic rivalry or incidents leading to "bad blood" on either side and we certainly have a vested interest in having Baylor be regarded as a quality opponent. Baylor is not going to win the Big XII this year but they are program that is on the rise and a loss to them would not be embarassing and a win over them might look pretty good by the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• ShockCity
    replied
    Originally posted by baylrballa

ignorance is bliss.
    Tennis doesn't count.

Leave a comment:

• baylrballa
    replied

ignorance is bliss.

Leave a comment:

• Wushock41
    replied

Leave a comment:

• baylrballa
    replied
    my expectations don't change, but it was not a fun night.

tarelton went 14-24 from three, I think they hit 7 in a row at one point in the second and probably close to 80% in the second half. they were hot. To say that was the reason we lost wouldn't be totally true though, I think I heard they have 4 or so DI transfers and a couple that started in DI last year so they did have some talent and played harder. Add to that we refused to pass to the post when they had no one over 6'8".

I hate to put much value in this game because we were switching lineups and sets up all game, and I'd argue you're going to lose ~95+% of the games, whoever you are playing, when a team outshoots you by 30% from downtown. Still not many valid excuses to lose to a DII anytime. At least we weren't ranked #8.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleJayAlum
    replied
    I've got a theory that D1 coaches secretly love it when their team loses an exhibition game. It causes the team to get their head out of the clouds and take every game seriously. It also increases the likelihood that the team listens to the coaches instead of tuning them out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X