MBB television schedule for viewing pleasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBB television schedule for viewing pleasure

Listed on the new men's basketball posters.

11-29 at Appl. St. - Ch. 22
    12-15 at UMKC - Ch. 22
    12-19 LSU at CKA - CH. 22
    1-5 at Bradley - Ch. 22
    1-8 at MSU - ESPN2
    1-12 Creighton at CKA - Ch. 22
    1-16 at Illinois State - KWCH 12
    1-19 at SIU - Ch. 22
    1-26 Bradley at CKA - FSN
    1-29 MSU at CKA - ESPNU
    2-2 at Creighton - KWCH 12
    2-6 at Evansville - Ch. 22
    2-16 SIU at CKA - FSN
    2-19 at Indiana State - Ch. 22
    *Bracketbusters *TBD
    3-1 at Drake - *TBD

Looks like if we win our first game against Baylor at the Paradise Jam, our next two games would be televised.

Hopefully some local watering holes get this station on satellite packages.

Comment

That's odd. FSN Pacific televising games in a tournament that includes no teams west of WSU? (Where's Monmouth?)

Comment

Monmouth is located in New Jersey. Also it is not on FSN but Fox College Sports.

Comment

You're right about FCS. I saw that but mis-stated it in my post.

Still seems a little odd when you look at the rest of the schedule.

Comment

Guess it's time to add the sports pack again to DirecTV.

Comment

Hey at least all of KU's games will be televised locally

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                And most of KSU's are on the tube too.

Comment

8)

And don't miss the national broadcasts, either. Including this Saturday at 2:30 on ABC!!!!

Seriously, will this "Ch. 22" be seen in KC? Will Metro show it?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

What I want to know is why KWCH insists on running these games on 22. It sucks for those of us that live outside of a Cox service area.
                    In this age of digital broadcast, why not supercede their weather on 12-2 for a couple hours of shocker bball and broadcast to more fans. I am not asking for HD here, but just the ability to watch a game in my own home and not have to pay for $6 beers at the local bar...

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                      8)

And don't miss the national broadcasts, either. Including this Saturday at 2:30 on CBS!!!!

Sometimes Metro picks them up. I'm not positive how often that happens but I know I've heard it mentioned in the past.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        8)

And don't miss the national broadcasts, either. Including this Saturday at 2:30 on CBS!!!!

Sometimes Metro picks them up. I'm not positive how often that happens but I know I've heard it mentioned in the past.
                        I believe Metro Sports produces the WSU games under the Cox name. I've also seen a Metro Sports ad (don't ask me where and when) that listed KU, K-State, WSU, UMKC, and Mizzou games as a regular part of the network. So from that standpoint, I'd say yes, there should be a decent number on that network. Now how many of them are live, and how many are tape-delayed remains to be seen..
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          Originally posted by SubGod22
                          8)

I believe Metro Sports produces the WSU games under the Cox name. I've also seen a Metro Sports ad (don't ask me where and when) that listed KU, K-State, WSU, UMKC, and Mizzou games as a regular part of the network. So from that standpoint, I'd say yes, there should be a decent number on that network. Now how many of them are live, and how many are tape-delayed remains to be seen..
                          Thanks guys! Several sports bars in the greater Overland Park area are eagerly awaiting my patronage.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

As far as I can tell, the game at Appalachian St. will be televised live on Metro Sports in KC. That's the only one so far, each of the other K22 games prior to the end of the year conflict with another game (Mizzou).

Comment

Originally posted by Shox151
                              What I want to know is why KWCH insists on running these games on 22. It sucks for those of us that live outside of a Cox service area.
                              In this age of digital broadcast, why not supercede their weather on 12-2 for a couple hours of shocker bball and broadcast to more fans. I am not asking for HD here, but just the ability to watch a game in my own home and not have to pay for $6 beers at the local bar...
                              My understanding is that Cox reaches 1.5 mill viewers with Ch 22. That's viewers - not households, bat that's more coverage on 22 than 12 can provide.

I also believe Cox put up some $$ for the exclusive rights.

From the Athletic Department point of view, WSU gets more money and more viewers. That pretty much closed the deal.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X