Mantas Griskenas former teamate quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantas Griskenas former teamate quotes

zarraza1985 of Youtube.com made the following comment on the Shocker Dunkin video
    "kids watch out for that white kid. He did just simple stuff... cuz he is gettin back after mcl and acl injury. He can get up... 40+ vert, 6'6... long arms. He gonna be on espn highlights at least once.
    Nice vid... thanks for sharing :)"

I asked for more info and he replied

"well i played with him on a same team for 3-4 years back in Lithuania... :) So i know his abilities (shooting, drivin in, finishing hard, dunking on people, rebounding and etc.) Basically he can do it everything. So thats why he was player of the year in his region and all american ... :) He went thru a lot, in prep school he was gettin no playing time, his 1st year @ 3 rivers comm college he could not play, 2year he tore mcl, but now he seems healthy and its his time to shine."

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I hope we see all get to witness his skill set on Saturday. :wsu_posters:

When was the last time we had a white boy with a 40" vertical?

For that matter, when was the last time we had any player with a 40" vertical?

That is getting up into Warren Armstrong territory.

Comment

Doesn't Tyrone Shoelace have at least a 40" veritcal ?

Comment

Originally posted by moshock
        Doesn't Tyrone Shoelace have at least a 40" veritcal ?
        He has 40" shoelaces! :D :posterwsu: 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Tyrone's leaping ability is measured on the horizontal plane, unlike MG's, which is measured on the vertical plane.

Comment

Harrison Dreiling, SS for baseball has a 40+ vertical. and he's white. .. but, of course ...he plays baseball.
            veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Phil can jump!

Comment

I'd have to say that Darrin Duggers vertical was probably north of 50. And I saw Paul Wight soar......from the top rope.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Doesn't Tyrone Shoelace have at least a 40" veritcal ? -----an interesting question indeed. It has been said that Tyrone Sholelace lives, crossovers, and leaps vicariously through Double Dribble and vice-versa.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

If Cooz's vertical isn't 40" its gotta be darn close. Didn't Sowers have a 40" vertical?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                      I'd have to say that Darrin Duggers vertical was probably north of 50. And I saw Paul Wight soar......from the top rope.

I saw Paul Wright plummet from the top rope, but never soar.

Comment

I really dont think anyone on our team has a 40" vert. Just to give some perspective jordan had a 44" vert. I dont think most of you realize really what a 40" is or looks like. If anyone on our team is close its aj. guys like arbry are so long that their verts look more impressive than they really are. Pj does not have a 40" vert.

Comment

T7017s is probably correct. A seven footer needs a 36" vertical just to get the top of his head to the rim. Most of what you see is arms.

Warren Armstrong had the only 50" (or near) vertical that I've seen. At 6'2" while playing in the pro's he was once dazed, almost knocked out, smashing his face into the rim - not the forehead, the face.

Comment

I remember a post way back saying PJ's was 36-38", but it was shy of 40.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                              I really dont think anyone on our team has a 40" vert. Just to give some perspective jordan had a 44" vert. I dont think most of you realize really what a 40" is or looks like. If anyone on our team is close its aj. guys like arbry are so long that their verts look more impressive than they really are. Pj does not have a 40" vert.
                              I would be very surprised, if PJ's vertical standing jump was 40". I would guess him at maybe 35".

I thought Armstrong's was in the low 40s. Fifty is pretty outrageous.

Comment

Working...
                              X