Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valley games up to and including today (11-01-07)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSU 91- Wonderboys 67

Arkansas Tech had 36 fouls and the guard play for MSU was described as atrocious. Some of the MSU fans have much lower expectations after watching the very ugly game.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Articles from games:

Bradley def St Ambrose 110-84
      PEORIA, Ill. -- Junior guard Tyrone Cole-Scott (Waterloo, Iowa/East H.S.), a first-year transfer from Tyler (Texas) Junior College, scored a game-high 36 points in just 21 minutes, leading four Bradley players in double-figures and sparking the Braves (1-0 preseason) to a 110-84 exhibition victory versus Saint Ambrose (0-1 preseason) Thursday night in front of 4,150 fans in what is expected to be the final men's basketball game in the storied history of Robertson Memorial Fieldhouse.? A 5-foot-10 guard who drained 192 3-pointers in his two-year junior college career, Cole-Scott made 10-of-12 field goal attempts, including 6-of-8 from 3-point range, and all 10 of his free throw attempts to lead Bradley's offensive onslaught Thursday night.? He also shared game-high honors with five assists and made off with two steals.? Bradley's three top returning guard also turned in double-digit scoring efforts against the Fighting Bees:? senior point guard Daniel Ruffin (Peoria, Ill./Central H.S.) added 17 points, four assists and three steals in just 19 minutes, while sophomore guard Andrew Warren (Indianapolis, Ind./Brebeuf Jesuit Prep) chipped in with 15 points and senior guard Jeremy Crouch (Pekin, Ill./Pekin H.S.) added 11 points and a game-high four steals.? Junior swingman Theron Wilson (Topeka, Kan./Highland Park H.S.) led the Braves with 10 rebounds.

Creigthon def EA Sports 88-75

Indiana State def DePauw 77-68
      The 2007-08 basketball season got off to an exciting start on Thursday, as the Indiana State men's basketball team pulled out to a late lead and secured a 77-68 exhibition victory over the DePauw Tigers in front of 3,346 fans at Hulman Center.? The win was not only the first of exhibition season for ISU, but was also the first win for new head coach Kevin McKenna.

Missouri State def Ark Tech 91-67
      Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

GO HORNETS!!! Verrrry niiice...

I wonder if the home crowd was deafening?

The heat on Turgeon in Aggieville is officially turned on!

From king to court jester in only a few short months..

I guess he will get to appreciate some more "alone time" during meals out with the family..

T
        Classy...........

:roll:

Comment

For all you "no Turgeon talk" types, please skip.

Here's a box for A&M's game with Emporia.

Their NBA prospect freshman phenom didn't start. And many of their fans are questioning just how good he'll be. Out of 4 FGs 3 were dunks and 1 was a layup. Sounds like he can't shoot outside of 6-ft and wasn't a force inside. He had a Shaq-like performance at the FT line (4 of 11).

I suspect Bowles would have gotten more minutes had the game not been so close.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Tarpley
            I'm sorry, but why are you laughing at Turgeon's 1st exhibition game?

Did he not take this program to a Sweet 16?

Did he not get this program back to a level respectable enough that a coach the caliber of Marshall would consider it a step up from Winthrop?

Did he not provide you with an absolutely unforgettable season(s)?

Answer the above questions, then ponder how juvenile you're being about an exhibition game coached by Turgeon.

Ridicullous.
            No offense Mrs. Turgeon but I prefer to give the credit to Jim Schaus on hiring both Turgoen and Marshall.

Okay, carry on with your "prudent" approach of acceptance, mediocrity, and "knowing your place" in this world.

T

...8)

Comment

I only post these due to the humor and great timing of the camera. Came across these on the TexAgs site.

It looks to me as if ESU might have gotten the best of aTm in at least one way!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                Nice job Hornets!! With 7:04 left, was only behind nationally ranked aTm 64-62 before dropping 85-73 at the end. Hope Denzel enjoyed his 1 minute of playing time. :whistle:
                Gotta give props to my alma mater! We don't back down to anyone.

Emporia State should have another quality season, all thanks to the coaching staff. David Moe does a nice job, and has found quite a niche in Emporia.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                  Originally posted by ShockTalk
                  Nice job Hornets!! With 7:04 left, was only behind nationally ranked aTm 64-62 before dropping 85-73 at the end. Hope Denzel enjoyed his 1 minute of playing time. :whistle:
                  Gotta give props to my alma mater! We don't back down to anyone.

Emporia State should have another quality season, all thanks to the coaching staff. David Moe does a nice job, and has found quite a niche in Emporia.
                  Oh, I forgot to give props to Boswell, an alumnus of my high school.

Gives me an extra reason to pay attention to the Hornets this year.

Comment

Maybe WSU fans should wait until after their first exhibition game to laugh at A&M?

I think about any team in the country would gladly take the 'unimpressive' DeAndre Jordan. He's going to be a stud.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I know you didn't outright say I criticized Jordan, but just to clarify, those were the impressions of aTm fans that I paraphrased.

Comment

I suspect that at some point in the future HCGM will eliminate one of the two exhibition games and replace that with a controlled scrimmage against a D-1 opponent.

He did not sound enthusiastic at all about exhibtions on the radio the other day. Said he prefers the controlled scrimmages against D-1 talent as a much better way to prepare his team for the season.

I have no problem at all with that.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          I know you didn't outright say I criticized Jordan, but just to clarify, those were the impressions of aTm fans that I paraphrased.
                          I thought there was a tinge of bias in your post, but I could be mistaken. Regardless, I'm sure those observations were deserved.

It certainly was a tremendous effort from the Corky Hornets. They played well against a very good team.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I reserve the right to make fun of anybody and everybody I choose.

this list does include old people, handicapped, former coaches and players, current coaches and players, employees, family members,the religious the non religious and everywhere in between.

kthanx

Comment

Mark "Crimson & Blue" Turgeon:

"When I first moved here, athletically was the biggest (surprise)," Turgeon said. "It was, 'Wow! What a jump from what I had, from what I was able to recruit at Wichita."'
                              Shockers Down ESU, 87-62
                              Courtesy: Wichita State Release: 11/01/2006
                              (A Shocker team that didn't make the NIT)

Texas A&M 85, Emporia State 73
                              Thursday, November 1, 2007
                              (A "tremendous jump" from what he had)

Friggin' moron...

T

...8)

Comment

When I read some of the comments on their boards about fireturge.com, I couldn't help but think of Shocker fans. I mean, I predicted an almost 60 point win tonight, but realistically, I know there's no way in hockey sticks it'll happen. Doesn't mean I'll be disappointed. I'm just having fun.

ATM will be fine, there's not a soul questioning that (I wouldn't think, anyway.) The result of that game does show exactly how meaningful pre-season predictions are, though, even if you're name is Mark Turgeon (or Lowery, Altman, Jankovic, or even Marshall.)

Now everyone get out there and support the VB team tonight. 8) :goshocks:

Comment

Working...
                                X