Any Burley impressions from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Burley impressions from

the other night? Did he play? warm-up? stretch himself? Just hoping for another 6'7" kid who might spell PT and others for a couple of minutes.
    Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

I didn't really notice anything from him. However there was alot to watch, but he wasn't a focus.

Comment

Nothing stood out as I watched. Although I was taking a lot of pictures, which makes it tough to focus or even perceive much of what is going on outside of shots.

Comment

I don't think he played a whole lot. I don't recall him doing anything one way or the other that was particularly noteworthy. If he did, then I missed it.l

Comment

I thought Lance Harris and Bret Michael looked good. Unfortunately neither of them have the size we need. I thought the Michael looked good he handled the pressure being guarded full court by MB and had several nice assist and steals also moved well without the ball. Lance also hit a nice 3 in the corner. :posterwsu:

Comment

Calm down Shockdawg, I have a good feeling about this kid. Dont know why, just do! There something about desire, it often takes time but usually emerges in the most unexpected circumstances! :clap: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: 8) 8)

Go Brett
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Nothing happened either way Tuesday night.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

i think everyone on here gets too excited and expects too much from walkons. If they were that good that we should expect them to contribute then they would be on scholarship. Nothing against our walkons, im sure they are fine ball players and great people, i just dont see why everybody thinks they should be able to contribute other than help make us better in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
                  i think everyone on here gets too excited and expects too much from walkons. If they were that good that we should expect them to contribute then they would be on scholarship. Nothing against our walkons, im sure they are fine ball players and great people, i just dont see why everybody thinks they should be able to contribute other than help make us better in practice.
                  That's what I've been preaching for a while. And I've taken some heat from a few for it.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

its the truth. if people dont realize it they are just fooling themself

Comment

I agree completely. I also love the exceptions, even if its just for a moment.

See also: Nick Rogers v. MSU

Comment

If you notice guys like Nick Rogers only get a shot if they commit themselves hard for 4 years. Anyone who expects a new underclassman walkon to contribute their first year is delusional.

Comment

the only reason nick got that shot that year was because we were so shorthanded. We only went 8 deep and that included Nick. But Nick did step up big that year. And that game against MSU was huge!!

Comment

I believe other MVC school have had kids walk-on the first year and later turn into players we would love to have. I seem to recall that Levi Dyer was a walk-on for ISU as a freshman but I can't track down a reference. I found these: http://goredbirds.cstv.com/sports/m-...er_levi00.html and http://collegehoopsupdate.com/html/t...is%20State.php - not much help. It is unlikely, perhaps highly unlikely, that a walk-on can become a significant player as a senior. However it does happen once in a while. I hope Brett keeps working hard for four years as a Shocker and lets the chips fall where they may.
                            :goshocks:
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I believe that the reason people get excited about walk-ons is that the idea of a walk-on contributing is far more romantic than a heavily recruited player doing anything. The bs that our coaches have to endure in recruiting kids who are told by their various relatives and friends that they are a sure thing for the NBA is amazing. The sense of entitlement that all too many college athletes are inculcated with is rising SO when I see a kid who is paying his own way to a school and wants to try out to make a team, that is whom I identify with, a fan of hoops not a mercenary.
                              Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X