Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clemente Cribs

Something to look forward to tonight:

Ramon Clemente looks good on the basketball court. He looks great on camera. Wichita State basketball fans get a chance to evaluate both tonight at Shocker Madness. Don't be late, if you want to catch Clemente's performance on "Shocker Cribs" during warmups tonight. He leads the camera through a seven-minute tour of his off-campus apartment.
    This guy is a publicist's dream. What a great character. The guitar hero bit had me in stitches.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Is anyone else addicted to reading the "comments" people leave at the bottom of the articles? Sometimes you need a good laugh...
    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
      Is anyone else addicted to reading the "comments" people leave at the bottom of the articles? Sometimes you need a good laugh...
      Mostly KU and KSU fans realizing their lives' full potential.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
        Originally posted by rZ
        I read them just see what moronic things people can type. But I think RJL hit it on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
          Originally posted by rZ
          I'm not sure KU or KSU fans really care about what's going on at WSU... these on-line (Eagle) posters are people who couldn't cut it at any state institution and soon they'll find themselves in another state institution with Dennis Radar.

:D
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If Clemente has any part of the personality of Jamar Howard I think thats great for the team. Jamar even though he sometimes took himself out of the game with his fouls and mentally, he was still a spark plug and emotional leader for his team. yelling after blocks, monster dunks, getting under the opponents skin on D.... thats great and fun basketball right there
            Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Well.........I always believed that Jamar's antics outweighed his positives.

Imo, getting under someone's skin usually works against a lesser opponent and usually inspires an equal or greater one.

His heart and desire are tremendous but he cost the team as well.

Having met Ramon Clemente, I do not think the two are all that similar, in that regard.

Comment

Wow, Ramon's a great character and a good guy! When I see him around school, I gotta ask him about his love for Halo 3 and Little Debbie Products

Comment

You'll love the part about his ride....and his breakfast choices :)
                  Jocks & Jills
                  3236 N. Rock Rd
                  Wichita, KS 67226
                  316-260-9800
                  http://www.jocks-jills.com
                  http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

That video was great! He did a really good job with it. With that kind of potential they could make great improvements to Shocker Madness!

Comment

It's a shame it was so hard to understand half of what he was saying.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        I was very very very VERY disappointed with the sound system.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                          Originally posted by SubGod22
                          I was very very very VERY disappointed with the sound system.
                          I third that motion. I think I can make out about every third word if I really concentrate.

Thought it was just me being an old man.

Is it just the nature of the accoustics in that building are is there something that can be done to correct the situation? Or is there really a situation that needs correcting?

Comment

Dollar bills can fix anything. And I agree, the sound system was miserable. It sounded like they were talking through a guitar amp.

The helicopter delivering the game ball was a very nice touch.

The first thing I said to my brother tonight was, "Why couldn't Turgeon recruit exciting players like these?".

Clemente is golden!

T

...8)

Comment

"Or is there really a situation that needs correcting?"

I wish they would make it more intelligible. I'm not sure what the problem is - too much bass? I sit in row 28 - is it any better in the lower rows?

In general my hearing is not great, so I always thought it was me.

Comment

Working...
                              X