COACH MARSHALL--THE PROFILE OF A WINNER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COACH MARSHALL--THE PROFILE OF A WINNER

Let's first take a quick look back and forever move forward. Last year we were number 8 in the Nation, then came NO veva Las Vegas, and then then the nose dive. Coach T heads South and we all become surly here on Shocker Net. Yikes!!! The sky was falling--but never fear--in walks Coach Gregg Marshall. Now would we really want it any other way? He is obviously a class act, a tireless worker, and a winner. Why is that? Many of us have played sports. Just think back and reflect of the best Coach you ever played for. What made that Coach different than the others?

First of all, HCGM is a persuasive motivater. Some Coaches can get every drop of effort and performance from players and teams. How do they do that? They earn their respect and show they care about them as a person. They work extremely hard coaching and this work ethic becomes contagious. They also reward those who produce. Throw the politics out the window. Winners play the best players as long as they are following team rules and guidelines, are playing smart team-ball and playing hard.

Next, I think of preparation. Marshall demands that his players get in tip-top shape. He insists on players finding the time to work on strengths and weaknesses on their own time as well. What happens when you play competitors that are out-working you and are more prepared or in better shape? L_L_L and Coach Marshall would probably prefer experiencing a root canal over losing a game from not being prepared.

Coach Marshall also has surrounded himself with gifted Coaches that will assist this Program in being successful. Our recruiting thus-far exceeds my expectations so early on. However, this is not an accident. Look at the depth and talent he brought into Winthrop. Our Sweet 16 year, was it not Winthrop that had Tennessee on the ropes and was beaten by a prayer from the deep corner right before the buzzer? Oh well, we took care of Tennessee for you Coach Marshall. His teams play hard and have a shot to win, even at an unfriendly place like North Carolina that is loaded with talent.

In conclusion, Coach Gregg Marshall is a class act and we are about to reap the chills and thrills of an exciting new era in WSU hoops. This is Shocker Country and we have the right Coach leading us to greener pastures in our search for the basketball Promised Land. I could say more more but if I do not hit the submit button, the buzzer will time me out again---and I hate it when that happens. :D
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I propose a bronze statue of Coach be made outside of Koch Arena!

Comment

And he hasn't coached a game yet and only two full fall practices.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

i've been drink too much kool aid =)

Comment

Lets just rename the court after him. Gregg Marshall Court inside Charles Koch Arena!
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He better win. ;)

Comment

"Lets just rename the court after him. Gregg Marshall Court inside Charles Koch Arena! "

Great idea SubGod22. So far, he has never lost a game on our hardwood.

Comment

:D
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sorry FSF I just realized I have ADD while trying to read your post! :D 8) :posterwu:
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Yes KC---and THAT was just my introduction baby!!!!!!!

Comment

How you'all like Coach Marshall now? Can he work a crowd and get them loud or what? Just look at the fierce competition for each position. MG and AE will equal sweetness at the SF position. GM and MB will not skip a beat. RC decided that HE would win that dunk contest.

We indeed look more athletic and will have a deep bench. I love how this Coach creates fierce competion in practice and the winners are rewarded and the rest run. He said tonight that we will be proud of these Shocks each game. I Like what I witnessed tonight and can't wait to see more. This could be one of the most enjpyable Seasons ever for Shocker basketball.

A.D. J.S.---Thanks again for hiring G.M. as our new head Coach. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!

Comment

I met coach Marshall in the "Fun Zone" tonight. Nice guy, but seemed a little tired of meeting people.

I told him everyone here has had nothing but positive things to say about him. His response: "Well, I haven't lost a game yet!"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          I met coach Marshall in the "Fun Zone" tonight. Nice guy, but seemed a little tired of meeting people.

I told him everyone here has had nothing but positive things to say about him. His response: "Well, I haven't lost a game yet!"
                          So true.

Comment

In case some of you have not noticed, Coach T is now at Texas A&M, and Coach Marshall is now the Skipper, righting the Shocker ship. This will take time and even FSF is trying to be real about expectations and time lines.

Right now, here are some things I am noticing with a Gregg Marshall team. Even when we play flat, we still play hard. We are a good rebounding team and we box out. We are containing through defense, the scoring of some of our opponets stars. GM is obviouslly a fierce competitor, a great recruiter, and he knows what it takes to win. He is developing our bench which will be of essence come Valley time.

From jump street, even when this new Coach first arrived and things were getting messy, I still knew JS brought in the right Man for the job. What a great fit. I still think we will scratch, fight and claw and have a better record then last year in the Valley, and overall. Now how realistic is this as we are now positioned right now at 3-2?

There will be some big waves and storms along the way. A top 3 finish in the Valley would not be shocking. However, we should at least be better then the predominant predictions of 6th to 8th in the Valley. All Aboard---get ready for an enjoyable cruise. Final Destination===="Dancin with the Basketball Stars some fine day in the forseeable future.!!!!!!! " T-Plane---T-Plane----ooops---wrong boat. When your Shocker ship comes in---make sure some of you are not at the airport. :D

Comment

Thus far things seem to be positive and I'm optimistic The Marshall Plan will bare even more big dance fruit than the beloved MT. Regardless of how Marshall's tenure at Wichita State turns out I have complete faith in President Beggs & AD Schaus, the sucess and impending future succes of the program ultimately rest with those two.

Go Shocks!!!!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X