No announcement yet.

HCGM Speaks to Wichita Lawyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think the differences between so called levels are as great as those in the BCS people like to think! 8) :posterwsu:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

There is certainly a level difference in regards to God-given talented players, but the results on the court aren't always indicative of that.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
        Good bye. Dont let the door hit you in the ?
        Or maybe Australia??? :lol:
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          Or Carbondale??? Nobody would ever find you there. Or bother looking :D
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Or Carbondale??? Nobody would ever find you there. Or bother looking :D
            I would be mugged by a deer if I went to Carbondale. No thanks!!
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by TurFin
              sorry spangler...been a long day at work...I was reading up on basketball for lunch (trying to escape the nut bin I work at) and let's just say I'm a little jumpy.

:oops:
              I have a question for TurFin and it's not meant to be a shot at all, but it seems to me that you're only compelled to post when someone takes a shot at Turgeon. Are you in some way connected with FMBCMT (Former Men's Basketball Coach Mark Turgeon)? I've only been on the board since last season, so that bridge may have been crossed some time ago and I wasn't party to it. As far as your motivation it doesn't matter to me, we all find certain things that make us post, but I was wondering if there was some correlation there.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I'll let Turfin post for himself, but as I recall he and Mark are related by marriage.

Interesting point on the eternal "level" issue. Yesterday at the Bar luncheon, Coach Marshall made a comment about post players and noted that the 15 or so posts that can step in right away and be major contributors typically go to other programs. Thus his comment about the need to develop posts throughout his career and that he may be looking to Africa, Australia and Europe for such players.

Recognizing a difference between the way WSU is perceived by recruits as compared to, say, Duke or Kentucky or, God forbid, Kansas, is not a crime, whether uttered by Coach Turgeon or Coach Marshall. It is simply the recognition of reality. Saying we can never compete with the schools on the court, however, probably is a crime, at least in the minds of most Shocker fans.
                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                  he may be looking to Africa, Australia and Europe for such players.
                  I just had a long (30 minute) phone call today with a person in Australia. We discussed several things, including my potential visit to Canberra or Sydney. If Gregg needs someone to scout Australia and has some free travel money, I could be the man. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                  X