No announcement yet.

Orukpe Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only man that can get him out of Nigeria is.........wait for it.....

JACK BAUER!
    How bout Chuck Norris. He'd a had him here 30 seconds ago. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Shockakhan
      The only man that can get him out of Nigeria is.........wait for it.....

JACK BAUER!
      How bout Chuck Norris. He'd a had him here 30 seconds ago. ;-)
      I vote for JOHN RAMBO! :D

This trailer and clip is courtesy Ain't It Cool News straight from the hands of Sylvester Stallone himself, so take good care of it, as he was showing it off at Cannes as a demo reel of footage. If you're even slightly interested in Rambo IV, simply titled John Rambo, then watch this. Trust me,
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Russell Crow - Proof of Life
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          Russell Crow - Proof of Life
          Ah yes.... the movie and the relationship that ended Meg Ryan's career. Not good Karma.... ;-)
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification WSUwatcher. Now we just wait to see how this unfolds. EO sounds like a player we can really use THIS Season unless he just gets here really late. Patience is not my virtue but we have the right Men working on making this happen. A 7'0" Center that can play and has NBA potential? Sounds like EO is well worth the wait so count me in.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

As far as learning the system, I would imagine it would follow what he already learned:

Catch that pass and dunk it!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP
                IMO, in corruption countries, people use money to speed up the process (done by the officials). It's too late now to use this approach.
                I guess if the coaches know that a test score would take longer than 3 months, they probably would send someone there to push the grader (using some incentive, of course)
                Not a good idea. Surely, there is some law or rule, which prohibits such action.

Plus, there is an ethics concern.

If the deed is done, then it will always leak out.

Bribing government officials to facilitate basketball recruitment can never be a good idea.

Comment

Forever, it wasn't just Stallworth we lost off that team. We lost Nate Bowman, because of grades, I think. Nate was an athletic 7 footer center, who also went on to play in the NBA for a few years.

It was a miracle we did as well as we did. How many college teams. then or now, could lose their only two future NBA players and still advance as far as we did?

Comment

You are exactly correct 60Shock. Nate was 6'10", a very solid center that seemed somewhat foul-prone at times but could rebound and score his fair share. I forgot that he was not able to play at the Dance as well. What an accomplishment that Final 4 appearence was indeed. Ralph Miller was one awesome Coach and recruiter.

One year, did we not have a 6'5" Center by the name of Melvin Reed? Not often do you see a 6'5" Center in major College basketball. Bring on the Twin Towers to Shockerland.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                      You are exactly correct 60Shock. Nate was 6'10", a very solid center that seemed somewhat foul-prone at times but could rebound and score his fair share. I forgot that he was not able to play at the Dance as well. What an accomplishment that Final 4 appearence was indeed. Ralph Miller was one awesome Coach and recruiter.

One year, did we not have a 6'5" Center by the name of Melvin Reed? Not often do you see a 6'5" Center in major College basketball. Bring on the Twin Towers to Shockerland.
                      Nate Bowman was also the #6 overall pick in the 1965 NBA draft (Cincinnati). Stallworth was #3. Shockers were 13-3 at the time Stallworth and Bowman left the team, finishing the last 12 regular season games 6-6.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                        Originally posted by T.VuOP
                        IMO, in corruption countries, people use money to speed up the process (done by the officials). It's too late now to use this approach.
                        I guess if the coaches know that a test score would take longer than 3 months, they probably would send someone there to push the grader (using some incentive, of course)
                        Not a good idea. Surely, there is some law or rule, which prohibits such action.

Plus, there is an ethics concern.

If the deed is done, then it will always leak out.

Bribing government officials to facilitate basketball recruitment can never be a good idea.
                        With so many from Nigeria playing in the US and our experience with getting EO here I've come to one conclusion. Nigerian officials expect a little incentive because they many times get it.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock

Nate Bowman was also the #6 overall pick in the 1965 NBA draft (Cincinnati). Stallworth was #3. Shockers were 13-3 at the time Stallworth and Bowman left the team, finishing the last 12 regular season games 6-6.
                          After Bowman was out, we used McPherson's 6'5" Dave Leach as a post player.

The prior year Ernie Moore was a victim of eligibility expiration. The second semester of his sophomore he was an academic casualty. His fifth year in school he was able to play his second semester only. When we went to the NCAA that year, he was told he could not play in the post season. Members of that team think they were going to win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                            Originally posted by jocoshock

After Bowman was out, we used McPherson's 6'5" Dave Leach as a post player.

The prior year Ernie Moore was a victim of eligibility expiration. The second semester of his sophomore he was an academic casualty. His fifth year in school he was able to play his second semester only. When we went to the NCAA that year, he was told he could not play in the post season. Members of that team think they were going to win it all.
                            If I recall what I have read about that correctly, EM averaged about 17 points a game. We lost to KState in the Midwest Regional Finals by 9, which Tex Ritter the KSU coach at the time counts as one of his greatest victories. WSU was definitely one of the favorites to win it all in the 63-64 season.

Comment

Willie Murrell was ksu's big name player, but a skinny 7' by the name of Roger Sutner had a career game. Sutner was missing the ring finger on his shooting hand and had a poor percentage but made everything that night. Broke my heart.

Comment

Tex Ritter? Wasn't it Tex Winter, instead? Tex Ritter may have been helping us to sing the blues, but I believe it was Tex Winter who was singing the praises of the KSU players that night.

Comment

Working...
                                X