• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah commits

Sorry NCAABound, I got the scoop on ya.

:clap: :yahoo: :wsu_posters: :clap:

Comment

Yeah I already deleted mine to save a little face!

Comment

It seems like he waited on us, rather than us waiting on him.

Clevin, thanks for being patient and congratulations on becoming a Shocker.

High School:
        Hannah, who averaged 19 points, nine assists and three steals per game, was named to the 2006 All-State team. He scored 37 points in the state semifinals against Ripley and led the Mississippi high school All-Stars to victory over Alabama’s All-Stars.
        Paris JuCo:
        was an honorable mention on the All-Region Team. Hannah, a 6-0 guard, averaged 10.8 points per game, hit 39 percent of his three-pointers, and handed out 127 assists (over four per game) to rank fifth in that department in the conference.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

When I saw the headline on kansas.com I was hoping it was Hannah and not roberts. He seems like the better of the two, and it appears as if the coaching staff agree. Great get.

:wsu_posters: :clap:

Comment

I like this. He sounds like a solid point guard that can shoot, and will step right into Matt's shoes next year, and the fact that we were his first choice makes it even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
              I like this. He sounds like a solid point guard that can shoot, and will step right into Matt's shoes next year, and the fact that we were his first choice makes it even better.
              It was mentioned before on the recruiting forum, but it is definitely better to have a player that wants to be here than to have someone that didn't get their first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                What about Gal? If he wants to play professionally, he had better stick to the 1/point. Does he slide to the 2 for Hannah? Will he even be around that long???
                I ain't fallin fo no banana in tha tailpipe

Comment

Competition within each team is a great thing. I look for Gal to be here long-term and we needed 1 more solid PG. Before it is over, I predict C.H. will far exceed our expectations and make us very happy. Gal is flexible enough to play either guard position, and do it very well. "Mr. Clemente Sir" should really like this development.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Tuesday's Eagle article:

Juco point guard quickly commits to WSU
                    BY PAUL SUELLENTROP
                    The Wichita Eagle

Clevin Hannah's mind was almost made up before he arrived in Wichita for his recruiting visit.

It didn't take long for Wichita State's basketball coaches and players to remove any doubt. Hannah, a point guard from Chipola (Fla.) College, orally committed to WSU on Saturday night during his visit.
                    Staff edit: Removed complete article and added a link.

Comment

Not sure if anyone else caught the Allison/Randy show this morning but they had on the Chipola coach to talk about Clevin.

Highlights:

Lights out shooter out to 23 feet. Really good kid that is a perfect floor general. Coach on the floor. WSU is getting a really, really good player. Needs to work on defense but he has never been taught how to play man to man so its not his fault. He needs to "bulk up" but again does not expect that to be a problem as he is a year away from competing at the D1 level. He takes excellent care of the ball. "He never turns it over". He commented that coaches from UK, KU and KState were down looking at players and they kept commenting that they couldn't remember the last time he turned the ball over. He didn't say it but it seemed he was commenting that the coaches were lamenting not having a shot at Clevin.

Also, in comparing to Stephan Hannah who is at Mizzou as I understand it, the coach said Clevin is far more along in his developement than Stephan was at the same time.

Chipola expects to compete for the National Championship every year.

Comment

Well I don't know if Stefon is Clevin's brother or not but if so I hope the talent runs in the family.

Stefon was probably Mizzou's best player last year. Here is his season line:

Games playes-Games started 30-29
                        Minutes 911
                        Average 30.4
                        FG/Attempts 161-356 %.452
                        3FG/Attempts 59-151 %.391
                        FT/Attempts 82-104 %.788
                        Off Reb 23
                        Def Reb83
                        Total Reb 106 Average 3.5
                        Assists 137
                        Turnovers 98
                        Blocks 0
                        Steals 72
                        Total points/average 463 15.4

Led the team in scoring. If this kid is behind Clevin's developement........wow.

Comment

From everything I've seen, I believe we have a good one.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            Also, in comparing to Stephan Hannah who is at Mizzou as I understand it, the coach said Clevin is far more along in his developement than Stephan was at the same time.
                            I heard this too and it made my eyes pop out of my head. If anyone saw Mizzou and Hannah play last year, especially early in the season, you know what I am talking about. For a first year D-1 player, he controlled the floor and looked amazing at times for Mizzou.

Also, seeing as how Chipola is a great team, we might get the opportunity to catch a glimpse of Hannah in Hutch late next season.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              Not sure if anyone else caught the Allison/Randy show this morning but they had on the Chipola coach to talk about Clevin.

Highlights:

Lights out shooter out to 23 feet. Really good kid that is a perfect floor general. Coach on the floor. WSU is getting a really, really good player. Needs to work on defense but he has never been taught how to play man to man so its not his fault. He needs to "bulk up" but again does not expect that to be a problem as he is a year away from competing at the D1 level. He takes excellent care of the ball. "He never turns it over". He commented that coaches from UK, KU and KState were down looking at players and they kept commenting that they couldn't remember the last time he turned the ball over. He didn't say it but it seemed he was commenting that the coaches were lamenting not having a shot at Clevin.

Chipola expects to compete for the National Championship every year.
                              I caught it and I might add that you forgot one school that he (the coach)seemed to communicate was most interested in him besides us and that was Ohio State. They ended up taking a kid from redlands instead. or at least that how i took it.

Comment

Working...
                              X