X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griskenas

This quote got me:

toure's a freakin' steal for us
    Those were approximately Marshall's exact words about Griskenas.

I checked everything I could find about Griskenas when he started appearing as a last-minute recruit.

Griskenas was a high-level BCS recruit his Fr year in JuCo. Then he blew out a knee. Early in his So season he seemed to be recovering slowly. Reports were that he wasn't as explosive around the basket as he had been. The "name" schools backed off a bit and signed others.

Mids backed off because Gris was heavily recruited by BCS schools. That left a void in his recruiting that made him available.

Everything about Griskenas indicates he's a natural SF. He was 1st team JCAA as a PF.

I'm not cautiously optimistic or guardedly optimistic about Griskenas. I'm just flat out optimistic about Griskenas.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Re: Griskenas

Originally posted by Aargh
    I'm not cautiously optimistic or guardedly optimistic about Griskenas. I'm just flat out optimistic about Griskenas.
    I like optimism.

Comment

Re: Griskenas

Originally posted by SB Shock
      Originally posted by Aargh
      I like optimism.
      I'm certain KC will chime in and obliterate this very welcomed optimism.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I completely agree with Aargh. As soon as we signed Griskenas we knew the move of Cooz to SG was complete.

Betweens Matt, PJ, Gal and Mantas, we look to be pretty good. And if Ellis can help out this year it's even better. But Mantas will be the biggest impact of the new guys this season. Even if Ehimen gets here.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'll say it now, even if it's a repeat of what I might have posted earlier in the year. Anyone can feel free to hold me to this comment at the end of the year.

I will be SURPRISED if Mantas isn't one of the 15 best players in the league.

PJ should be the best player on the floor, but Mantas might be.

Comment

Let's pray that Mantas lives up to expectations!

Comment

What shocks me is how little attention is being given to Gris in the preseason rankings. I've seen a preview that have Ellis on the all-newcomer team in the Valley and Gris not even starting.

The amazing thing is that we just moved PJ, probably the most talented player in the Valley, away from SF, but by adding Gris and Ellis (not to mention Burley if he contributes anything), we look to be even better at that position than before, since both of them were high major prospects.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                What shocks me is how little attention is being given to Gris in the preseason rankings. I've seen a preview that have Ellis on the all-newcomer team in the Valley and Gris not even starting.
                I agree!!! (I think Ellis will also be very good.) If we get a center, I think the future is bright.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                  Is this the first of the "praying mantas" themed jokes? and yes I am aware that they are both spelled differently, I'm just hooked on phonics.
                  Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

When Mantas came to WSU I thought he would be the 2nd leading scorer on this year's team. I could be wrong. He could lead the Shockers in scoring.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by shockdawg
                      Originally posted by ABC
                      Is this the first of the "praying mantas" themed jokes? and yes I am aware that they are both spelled differently, I'm just hooked on phonics.
                      I'm glad someone caught it!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                        Originally posted by shockdawg
                        Originally posted by ABC
                        I'm glad someone caught is!

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                          When Mantas came to WSU I thought he would be the 2nd leading scorer on this year's team. I could be wrong. He could lead the Shockers in scoring.
                          That has been my guess as well, and nothing Marshall has said about him so far has given me any reason to change that opinion.

The fact that he made 1st team JUCO All-American playing out of position because his team needed a 4 more than a 3, is pretty impressive and he will be a match-up nightmare for most Valley teams.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Nice pic, ASM. Someone should make a praying mantis sculpture out of old, shiny car bumpers for placement near CKA!

Comment

It should be PREYING Mantas, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X