No announcement yet.

Toure Murry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In going to Klein Forrest High School website, they don't have the 07-08 Basketball schedules online yet, so I emailed Coach Cary Black about getting this year's schedule on the website, so we can follow Toure's play this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
      Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

The equivalent would be paying 50 cents for a jar at a garage sale that turns out to be from the Ming Dynasty. You would say you got a "steal", not because you stole it from someone else who recognized its value, but because other people didn't realize how much it was worth.
      This actually happened to me once, but it was a fake Ming Dynasty piece.
      Yes, ABC, don't you just hate it when that happens?

Regardless of the semantics about whether he's a steal, I'm very glad the Shocks got their commitment from Murry, as it appears the coaches are as well. I'll be even more pleased when he signs. As I've said before, sometimes verbal commitments aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Comment

I'm not too concerned. Under normal program circumstances (no coaching change), I can only recall losing one verbal since Turgeon arrived. The player was JR Pinnock, and he was unsure about moving half-way across the country. I also think he had some personal issues going on.

Now, if a kid verbals shortly after the early signing period (Nov & Dec), then goes on to have a monster season, it's time to worry.

Comment

Commitments

By the way, Royal, I'm not especially worried about Murry either, nor do I have any reason to think he'll change his mind.

I've just developed the habit from watching football recruiting of not taking verbal commitments -- by pretty much anyone, anywhere -- to the bank, that's all. I wait until the signature actually arrives.

And -- grammar police note -- "verbal" is not a verb.

Comment

:D

Comment

Re: Commitments

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
              By the way, Royal, I'm not especially worried about Murry either, nor do I have any reason to think he'll change his mind.

I've just developed the habit from watching football recruiting of not taking verbal commitments -- by pretty much anyone, anywhere -- to the bank, that's all. I wait until the signature actually arrives.

How can a word that has "verb" at 2/3 of it's totality not be a verb? :D

Comment

Re: Commitments

Originally posted by WSUwatcher

It is always safer and better to say, "oral committment", and the lawyers on this esteemed forum will love you for it.

Comment

I think that the term, "oral committment", has a warm and wonderful ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                    I think that the term, "oral committment", has a warm and wonderful ring to it.
                    It scares me. I'll bet it scares recruits. :lol:
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Here is Toure's first games through November at Klein Forrest:

DATE DAY OPPONENT SITE VAR.
                      NOV. 3--SAT----SCRIMMAGE-----------------MAYDE CREEK---- 10:00
                      NOV. 7--WED----HASTINGS SCRIMMAGE---KLEIN FOREST---- 4:00
                      NOV. 13-TUES---LANGHAM CREEK-----------LANGHAM CREEK---7:00
                      NOV. 16-FRI-----MADISONVILLE VARSITY---KLEIN FOREST------6:00
                      NOV. 17-SAT----MACARTHUR-----------------CAMPBELL-CTR-----2:00
                      NOV. 24-SAT----BORDER BATTLE - CY-FALLS--CY-SPRINGS-----6:00
                      NOV. 26-MON----ALIEF TAYLOR--------------KLEIN FOREST------- 7:00
                      NOV. 29-1-THURS KATY TOURNAMENT -----------------------------TBA

Yes, I have the whole schedule (Excel). I emailed Coach Black to get it since
                      Klein Forrest doesn't have their website updated for 07-08 yet. So, if you want to follow his play this year, start out with this November schedule.

Comment

Working...
                      X