Gene Sapakoff's comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Sapakoff's comment

This Charleston Post/Courier writer has a very interesting comment about our recruiting effort. It's about half-way down in the article.
    In the fast lane

At least someone is standing up and taking notice. Something a few Basketball analysts need to do.

I am still worried about our 5 men though, and we seem to being recruiting a lot of guards.

Comment

Thats an interesting little blurb!
      Livin the dream

Comment

It certainly is. I think I'll have a cheese sandwich for lunch.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Now we know that ShockRef's real name is Gene Sapakoff! :lol:

Comment

Nice comment. I wish he would have provided some insight into that statement. I wonder how much he knows about our recruiting efforts.

Comment

On the Scout message board, the question was asked if anybody had any clues to Sapakoff's comment. Scout's National Editor Dave Telep quickly reponded saying Marshall's first year's class is probably going to be a nice body of work. He said he LOVES Toure Murry and mentions having two recruits on campus this week. Ravenel is one. The other is probably Kyles. In otherwords he is impressed with what we already know.

Edit- I just realized this is also Toure's weekend for his official visit. Telep was probably referring to him as the second visitor. I think Kyles might be next weekend.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I contacted Mr. Sapakoff, hoping he would explain his comment in more detail. It turns out he was referring to the '07 class, based on this blurb from The Sporting News (Mike DeCourcy):

South Carolina's decision not to admit SF Aaron Ellis was a boost for Wichita
                State, where he was accepted, and new coach Gregg Marshall. Only two of the team's
                top seven scorers are back: SG P.J. Couisnard and PG Matt Braeuer. Ellis joins
                three other WSU recruits, including junior college All-American SF Mantas Griskenas
                and transfer A.J. Hawkins, in a fairly impressive class. . . .
                So, trop, you can put down your cheese sandwich . . . for now, anyway.

Comment

By the time I was hungry I figured he didn't have a big scoop. Just had a late breakfast of eggs, potatoes and toast outside at Square One. But he's right. Marshall has already done one heck of a job. I predict Mantas Griskenas alone will prove that.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                    By the time I was hungry I figured he didn't have a big scoop. Just had a late breakfast of eggs, potatoes and toast outside at Square One. But he's right. Marshall has already done one heck of a job. I predict Mantas Griskenas alone will prove that.
                    I pretty much agree.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

nothing new, a major program doing a major recruiting effort.. except for some reason he referred to us as a mid...
                      KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                      Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

Originally posted by mproviz
                        nothing new, a major program doing a major recruiting effort.. except for some reason he referred to us as a mid...
                        Don't you hate it when sportwriters make stupid mistakes. :wsu_posters:
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                        X