No announcement yet.

Toure Murray verbals to Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracy McGrady was DEFINATELY a 5* player.
    Livin the dream

Comment

I don't know how many stars J.R. Giddens had - probably a lot.

There is value in Gross knowing Toure's entire family.

Turgeon did well bringing in players who were mostly of outstanding character and were more of a benefit than an embarrassment to the community.

I'd prefer to continue winning that way. The fact that Gross is familiar with Toure's family over several years and has probably followed Toure's brothers in their D1 careers indicates signing Toure is not taking a risk on the character of the player.

5 guys with character and a desire to win can beat 5 MickeyD's AA's. Bradley and Bucknell pretty much proved that.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
        5 guys with character and a desire to win can beat 5 MickeyD's AA's. Bradley and Bucknell pretty much proved that.
        See also: 2004 Olympics

Comment

Back then, I didn't know what SCOUT was. I was a staunch disciple of Bob Gibbons' All Star Sports pulications out of South Carolina. McGrady was out of that same geographic area, and he was NOT listed in Gibbons' top 500 preseason his senior year. Following his senior year, sure. Top 5.

Comment

Toure is not the proper player to have a star ranking fight over. Scout noticed his blow up and gave him a 3 star ranking. Rivals wasn't on top of it, didn't have an article on him, therefore no ranking. If they would have gotten around to writing the deserved article he would of probably been ranked as a 3 star by them also, but no lower than 2 stars for sure.

Looking at our current roster, a case can be made for PT being a more highly regarded US high school player. After that......?????.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Giddens was a Burger Boy.

Rivals has no star ratings for those that they haven't been able to scout. I'd assume the same for Scout. So, if there aren't any stars that's basically all it means. BUt it also means that they at least haven't thought of that kid to be worthy of them going out of thier way for. Or maybe it's just bad luck in timing. There's only so many of these analysts out there and A LOT of teams and players to try and see. And they obviously are going to follow the kids being recruited by the schools that are represented on thier sites more.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is he a top 100 guy? Or what is he ranked in his position?
                I am trying to figure out the 3 star deal.

Comment

It looks like Scout stops ranking players by position after #29. All of these are 4 stars or better. They have approximately 320 players ranked as 3 stars or higher. Then of course there are 2 stars and 1 stars after that. They do list the players in an order after the top 29 by position. If this is meaningful, Murry falls between the top 250 and 300. So does Jordan Cyphers and Garret Stutz. I got a feeling they don't like to rank players from #1 to say #500 in case they miss some (like Rivals did with Murry).
                  In the fast lane

Comment

The stars can used used a 'general barometer' for talent as long as you keep an open mind.

1 * - better than average
                    2 * - got noticed
                    3 * - showed some real talent, and knowledge on the court.
                    4 * - talented, showed good moves, and dominated some
                    5 * - Athletic and talented, a dominant force on the court.

That is pretty much what the * represent to me.

What is important is what the coaching staff does with them after they get them. Can they develop the potential of each player, and overall as team?

Lots of times, that hard working Utility player is just important as the 'star' of the team to get things done. How well the team 'gels' overall can make a big difference on performance.

Comment

Huh. Three stars.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If only it was so - Toure Murray Verbals to Wichita State - Point Guard Problem Solved

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                          Shocker Mama commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Maybe since it’s Toure MURRAY, and not Toure MURRY, the NCAA will not notice that Toure used all of his eligibility.

• SweetShocker
                          SweetShocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Toure Murray was so overrated. It was a minor miracle that he made the NBA since he was a backup for the Shockers. Go figure.

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not disagreeing with your NBA comment, but "backup"? He started 130 of 139 games and played 1 minute short of 4000 for his career.

Comment

Toure is the guy that Jamarius always reminded me of.

Comment

Except you never saw JB stooping so low as to poke the ball loose and dive on it.

The heart and passion those guys played with is what makes me so pissed at Shaq’s senior team. Those guys were noticeably less tough than Fred/Ron/Evan/Malcom/Garrett/Carl/Toure/AJ/etc.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Except you never saw JB stooping so low as to poke the ball loose and dive on it.

The heart and passion those guys played with is what makes me so pissed at Shaq’s senior team. Those guys were noticeably less tough than Fred/Ron/Evan/Malcom/Garrett/Carl/Toure/AJ/etc.
                              Tekele is NOT "etc".

Comment

Working...
                              X