No announcement yet.

new tunes anybody???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for asking for suggestions. That says a lot.

As stated a couple of times above, "Seven Nation Army". For the bass line alone...but even more for the "I'M GOING TO WICHITA !!" lyric. I have the chills thinking about it.

Powerful. Makes sense, and think about it: with that lyric it would really be ours alone.

I heard it at an opponent's arena last year and realized what a natural it would be for us. It would be awesome with the students chanting along with the " I'M GOING TO WICHITA" part. Thereafter I predict it would become a staple for years to come.

Comment

Hawaii Five-O theme song... a great golden oldie.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'll give a 2nd to Pick Up The Pieces. Good one, ASM.

It's been used a lot, but I also like Chameleon. (Was that done last year?)

Comment

3 Blind mice after any questionable call and the theme to the Beverly Hill Billies when we play SMSU or whoever they are now.

Comment

That was some awesome sause jams Mr. Malone. They got me so worked up I found myself moonwalkin, then my back out, FSF WENT DOWN, straight into a free-lance brake dance! Whew! When I quit wheezing, I better hit the hay, and that is all I have to say about that.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Maybe a little Van Halen "Jump", and the ever-popular "Gimme Some Lovin" by the Blues Brothers and several others.

And if they move the MVC Tourney to KC, you hafta roll out "Goin' to Kansas City".

Anything Chuck Berry or some Fats Domino.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Shock
                7 Nation Army.

Im going to WICHITA!
                I've been saying that for years. It's a natural!
                White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army" would be perfect!
                The horns could do the heavy guitar parts while the bass rides along carrying the song up to the point where the crowd yells...
                "I'm going to Wichita!" :good:

In fact I would start it from the heavy guitar part leading up to that bass line and finally the lyric (I'm going to Wichita!).
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Ive got a story inregards to the white stripes and the lyric

Ive mentioned on this board a couple of times that my friend is a dj.

Well anyways he does this mash with Public Enemy "Bring The Noise" over "Seven Nation Army" *works really well BTW*

Well anyways he had the acapella and during various parts of the song he would bring it in and scratch on the "Wichita" part

like 6 months later those annoying ass commercials surfaced.

This my friends is a true story. /Jack Palance - Believe It Or Not!

and to continue this thread

The Beginning of the End - Funky Nassau, Pt. 2

Kool & The Gang - Love The Life You Live

Kool & The Gang - Choclate Buttermilk

Kool & The Gang - Rated X

War - Galaxy

Fatback Band - Backstrokin

Rick James - Give It To Me *yeah i said it it*

Comment

Battle without Honor or Humanity - Tomoyasu Hotei

I too am impressed by the musical taste of the board.

Comment

DOFO IS BACK!!! I never thought I would see the day.

If the band has 9 minutes of lungs you could do Freebird. :D

Ain't Too Proud to Beg- Temptations

Crazy Train- Ozzie (It may be played already, I've just never heard it.)
                      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Lay off dofo......I like nickelback!

Comment

How about Dynamo Hum from Frank Zappa! :D
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Owe Owe----FSF knows a song that could be our ideal 'theme song' with our new Coach--HCGM at the helm and his focus on conditioning our players to be ready for combat on the court-----You all ready for this? Pat Benetar--The Warrior--that's right---perfect. Let's do that!!!!!!! Kind of like the flick 300. Nobody, but nobody will be in better shape then the Shocks!!!

Other JAMS that get a crowd 'souped up' are Eye of the Tiger, Let's get ready to rumble, We will rock you, , theme song to Rocky.

AND THE CROWD WENT WILD IN SHOCKERVILLE :drum: :poster_cooz: :bball_spin: :drum: AND THAT IS WHAT WE LIKE AND THAT IS WHAT WE DIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

Here's one that's a bit of an oddball:

"Powerhouse" by Raymond Scott. You know, the music that's in almost every Wile E. Coyote cartoon. Specifically, I'd LOVE to hear the middle part (the part featured in the Visa checkcard commercial just recently) played during enemy timeouts or when a visiting player fouls out.

But you could play any part of that song at any time and make me happy.

Thanks for asking!

:clap: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :clap:

Comment

Working...
                                X