5. Bradley
    6. Indiana St.
    7. Wichita St.
    8. Northern Iowa
    9. Drake
    10. Evansville

I think were better than 7th!
    :goshocks:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

It is great that no expects us to do much this year. Not as much pressure as in year's past. I find it hard to believe that Missouri State will be up there in the end. Might spell doom for their coach.

Comment

They're kidding right? I recognize that I have higher hopes for this team than the national media, but picking us any lower than 5th is not too smart.

This is my analysis:
      1. SIU - Obviously should be the favorite

2. Missouri State - They have relied of Ahearn for years. Now Mitchell has to be their star, and while he is great off the bench, I don't think he is suited to that role. Plus they have underachieved way to much to get the benefit of the doubt.

3. Illinois State - I know they bring in a lot of talent, and while I think they will be improved it seems speculative to rank them this high. People always love a darkhorse, but I would rather bet of Illinois State being top half that top 3.

4. Creighton - As good as Altman is, this team loses way to much production. They bring in a lot of good young talent, but this will be a transition year because they don't return anyone that did anything last year. I think they will be good the following year, but I see them dropping out of the top half this year.

5. Bradley - Before the happenings of the off-season, they would have been my co-favorites for the Valley, but now who knows. 5th is a fine selection, although they could finish nearly anywhere between 2nd and 7th.

6. Indiana State - This is another reach on a team that has not proven it can win consistently. They may finish 7th, but I don't really see any higher than that. As MT said, they just fired the only coach to ever win at Indiana State who didn't have Larry Bird playing for him. It is not any easy place to win and firing Waltman was dumb and isn't going to make them better.

7. WSU - I believe that we are the only team other than SIU to return players that have won a Valley Championship, and if PJ is healthy he should be the best player in the Valley. There are enough unknowns that prediction is hard, but there is no way we shouldn't be picked in the top half.

8. UNI - I too believe they will drop, but I would guess to 7th. The loss of Stout means that Coleman will be alone, especially if their guard play doesn't improve. The first year under a new coach was not too impressive. Their best chance at a top half finish is for their 7-footer to really emerge.

9. Drake - Seems about right.

10. Evansville - They were bad last year and lost absolutely everything.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Thats a great analysis Hatter! I think its between Us and Ill St for 2nd :posterwsu: 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
          Thats a great analysis Hatter! I think its between Us and Ill St for 2nd :posterwsu: 8)
          Yeah, for second to last.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
            Hey KC, looks like you're having another one of those days.
            If you're married, God help your spouse.
            :yahoo:
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If you ain't first, you're last.

Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10
                If you ain't first, you're last.

Not a tournament selection time!

Comment

Wonder where Marshall's first Winthrop team was picked to finish in the Big South?

Comment

The answer, of course, is dead last but that conference ain't the MVC.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      The answer, of course, is dead last but that conference ain't the MVC.
                      Then again, how bad are you expected to be in order to be picked last in a one bid conference (and based on the season before he came rightfully so)?
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

KC, your pessimistic squirts seem a little premature this year.

It's OK, little fella. It happens to lots of guys.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                          Originally posted by KC Shox
                          Hey KC, looks like you're having another one of those days.
                          If you're married, God help your spouse.
                          :yahoo:
                          When are you people ever gonna learn. I am a practitioner and worshiper of the Zen Buddhist Philosophy of 'Reverse Psychology'. I am married and she acts as my Yang to counterbalance my pre-disposition of having too much Yin. Our relationship is the perfect symbiosis. Without her, I'd have already been banned by Shockernet.

Comment

Illinois State? Wow, you gotta love the optimism of some people.

I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain how you go from being one of the worst, to top 3 in one year?

History says NO WAY, and that it will take time and a lot of fan support to resurrect the program. I absolutely LOVE being picked 7th, BTW. 8)

Comment

I am going to try my darnedest to limit my predictions for the upcoming season, however I will make one statement in regards to this pick.

If we finish 7th in the conference I would hate to be any member of the team, coaching staff, family, friend etc of Coach Marshall. It will not be pleasant.

Comment

Working...
                              X