Nugget from Valleytalk by Dickie V courtesy Awesome Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nugget from Valleytalk by Dickie V courtesy Awesome Sauce

Dick Vitale names ten teams that missed the tourney last season who he feels will make it this year.

Interesting comment from Dickie V

Thanks ASM found it interesting.

Also Dickie V's preseasom top 40

:wsu_posters: 8) 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Dickie V is the best!!
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

love his thinking and the press but in my mind i think were a year away from being able to get back to the NCAA tourney. Hopefully im wrong and these guys gel well together and the tough schedule at the beginning of the year prepares them well for the Valley. I think if we make the NIT it would be a successful year but we can always hope for more.

Comment

:good::good::good::good:

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
          love his thinking and the press but in my mind i think were a year away from being able to get back to the NCAA tourney. Hopefully im wrong and these guys gel well together and the tough schedule at the beginning of the year prepares them well for the Valley. I think if we make the NIT it would be a successful year but we can always hope for more.
          I think we will be a lot better than many people expect, and would not be surprised to see us back in the Dance, but with so much changeover on the roster there is too much uncertainty for me to make many predictions. Two things that make me hopeful are that Marshall's teams have done well in their conference tournaments (even if it is a weak conference, he had quite a run) while MT's teams usually played worse in the MVC Tourney than in the season, and that Marshall had huge first year success with Winthrop. While Winthrop was in a weak conference, they also were horrible before Marshall came, whereas Marshall has stuff to work with here to go along with a tougher conference.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
            Keep in mind there is this thing called the MVC Tourney. I could see a CGM team peaking at the right time to win it. It's not how you start it's how you finish.

:good: :goshocks:
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I agree with Jocoshock as to the Shocks peaking as they have time to develop into this System and learn to play together. PJ and MB should have a notable year in leading the way. Defense wins games and our Coach can teach unit-defense and we should be more athletic with a deeper bench.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Did the link to the top 40 include 1-20 or is he waiting to release that later? I only got 21-40.

Comment

Nice to see us as the only non-BCS school mentioned in his 10 that will improve. More evidence of people looking at the MVC as a top tier conference and lumping us in with them.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                    Did the link to the top 40 include 1-20 or is he waiting to release that later? I only got 21-40.

I think he's doing 10 at a time or something.

His comment about Arkansas doesn't make sense. Patrick Beverley is back? From what?

Comment

Working...
                    X