X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU's reaction to Sunflower articles

And the State civil war goes on....

In the fast lane

You know, I don't know if the cheating stuff is accurate--don't really care. If it is--I don't care for KU, if it isn't I still don't care for KU, so it doesn't change my viewpoint.

One thing that did make me laugh, was one of the replies on their site said something about us being in a JUCO conference. If the MVC is SOOO low, then why did they get their rears handed to them (out played for sure) two years ago by Bradley--who went on to the Sweet 16?

Now, they are the champs. They earned it by doing what they had to do when they had to--unlike Memphis, and that's what wins games. But if we were able to recruit the kinds of 5 star players they can get without breaking a recruiting sweat, then we'd probably be right there in the final 4 with them.

Heck, maybe we will be there with them down the road--I have faith in our coach. I just can't wait until we get a chance to meet them in the big dance sometime because they will never again forget who we are!

:good:

Where's that legislation requiring us and KU to play each year? Even though this year we'd get killed, and probably next year too, I'd still love a crack at em.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
      One thing that did make me laugh, was one of the replies on their site said something about us being in a JUCO conference. If the MVC is SOOO low, then why did they get their rears handed to them (out played for sure) two years ago by Bradley--who went on to the Sweet 16?
      not only that but Bradley was the 5th place team in the valley
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Is Oral Roberts a JUCO school too?

Comment

how bout Bucknell?
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
            Is Oral Roberts a JUCO school too?

If they are, then Monmouth must be Middle School....
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Did a WSU fan call Monmouth a JUCO?

Comment

I wish I understood their point of about Wichita and their snobbishness about it.

Both the east and west side of Wichita are every bit as sophisticated as anything in Johnson County.

And they mistake our dislike of their arrogance and self-entitlement as jealously.

Interestingly enough, last week leading up to the KU-UNC, their inferiority complex about UNC shone through brightly, if anyone listened to the KC area talk shows.

And to the point about looking down on Wichita; with all due respect, they live in friggin' Kansas City. KANSAS CITY! KC ain't Paris, London, New York, Chicago, LA or even Philadelphia.

Comment

its A K state guy writing for the Sunflower ?

Maybe I am just a jealous Kansas State fan wishing it was me who was celebrating a remarkable season that ended with a remarkable game and a remarkable shot. I probably am a little bit. I will admit I grow tired of watching KU be one of the top teams nationally and watching from home with my Wildcats.

Comment

Some funny (in a pathetic way) responses over there.

You have to love the "WSU fans have no place complaining about cheating" comeback. Let's see, it's been nearly 30 years and six coaching staffs removed since ours (yes, we actually cleaned things up), and they've had some biggies twice since then, and only one coaching staff removed. I think we've earned the right to be critical. Besides, we're always being told our history doesn't matter.

And does anyone else find it odd that their basketball teams seem to fear the likes of Bucknell, Bradley, SIU and Davidson more than the likes of Villanova and UNC? They are two possesions away from being ousted in the NCAA's by non-BCS teams in four straight years.

Perhaps their teams have an inferiority complex to thoes they think are inferior to them. Jayhawks are such complex creatures. :roll:

Comment

No, but I bet a lot of JUCO schools could have beaten Monmouth this season.
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I really hope my KU alum wife, who just doesn't understand why so many Shocker fans think KU fans are arrogant pricks, will read that thread.

The best comment was complaining about the inaccuracy of comments that Darnell Jackson got paid to play and then alleging that WSU was doing the same thing with Carr, et al. It is they who need to do their research.

Nice straw man, BA.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                          I really hope my KU alum wife, who just doesn't understand why so many Shocker fans think KU fans are arrogant pricks, will read that thread.

The best comment was complaining about the inaccuracy of comments that Darnell Jackson got paid to play and then alleging that WSU was doing the same thing with Carr, et al. It is they who need to do their research.

Nice straw man, BA.
                          What would you call a WSU fan that insists on telling each KU fan he meets about KU's many problems? Arrogant? Flaunting WSU's track record the past 25+ years in the face of KU fans seems arrogant, at least to me. The street goes both ways. KU fans are arrogant because of their success in basketball. WSU fans are arrogant about the infractions issue because that's the one thing they have over KU in men's basketball. Maybe if WSU fans would stop bringing up the issues all the time KU fans wouldn't keep insulting WSU, I know I would stop. Everyone on here always seems to have what they think are the right answers and comments, including me, but most of them just turn out to be arrogant or elitist in some way, shape, or form.

Maybe everyone should re-learn the meaning of arrogant:

"having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride"
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

No, but I bet a lot of JUCO schools could have beaten Monmouth this season.
                            Not exactly sure how Monmouth plays into this, but the year Bradley beat KU, WSU handed them their asses 2 times...

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                              Originally posted by wsu789

Nice straw man, BA.
                              What would you call a WSU fan that insists on telling each KU fan he meets about KU's many problems? Arrogant? Flaunting WSU's track record the past 25+ years in the face of KU fans seems arrogant, at least to me. The street goes both ways. KU fans are arrogant because of their success in basketball. WSU fans are arrogant about the infractions issue because that's the one thing they have over KU in men's basketball. Maybe if WSU fans would stop bringing up the issues all the time KU fans wouldn't keep insulting WSU, I know I would stop. Everyone on here always seems to have what they think are the right answers and comments, including me, but most of them just turn out to be arrogant or elitist in some way, shape, or form.
                              That article was written by a KSU fan right?

Comment

Working...
                              X