Gene Johnson and Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Johnson and Gregg Marshall

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Going for some credibility that the crazed hulk avatar didn't quite provide, rip? Actually, that's a great quote from Iba and a great tribute to Gene Johnson, the guy whom historians believe really invented the press John Wooden's UCLA teams made nationally famous.

What's also interesting about Johnson is that (in the unlikely event anyone is worried about Gregg Marshall's Shocker program or future), when Marshall was hired at WSU, he had a better career winning percentage than every Shocker head basketball coach since... Gene Johnson.

Not only that, but CGM has the 2nd winningest percentage of active coaches in the whole country before this last year.

Comment

I don't believe I have ever used a crazed hulk avatar. And I don't know the purpose of this thread.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
      X