No announcement yet.

What Is So Special About July 1, 1999?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is So Special About July 1, 1999?

Hint: Historic and I mean extra long term historic. Maybe into perpetuity long term. We shall see.

Hint: An event that could be memorialized by holidays, statues, fireworks and the naming of buildings and other structures.

rdr
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

I give up. Do tell.

Comment

It was the 18th Pre-Anniversary of WSU's entrance into the AAC.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

WSU hires Jim Schaus?

Comment

Was the American Athletic Conference formed?
          SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
          gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Originally posted by JB4WSU View Post
            WSU hires Jim Schaus?
            Ding, ding, ding.

It was AD Schaus' first day on the job.

Who would have guessed that it was the first step in a long journey to the P-6?

Nothing could be finer than recognizing AD Schaus at half-time of the first American Athletic Conference game at Koch Arena. It would bring the house down.

I realize many would not agree with my next sentiment, but I would not mind, if Coach Mark Turgeon was present too.

Before Shaus and Turgeon, we were in the wilderness.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
              Was the American Athletic Conference formed?
              Yikes. You're about 15 years off there. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                I would not mind, if Coach Mark Turgeon was present too.
                You must really hate Turgeon to want to invite him to a celebration of what he couldn't do. A S16 followed by a 6th-place finish in the MVC was about what he expected to be the height of what could be accomplished "at this level".
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  You must really hate Turgeon to want to invite him to a celebration of what he couldn't do. A S16 followed by a 6th-place finish in the MVC was about what he expected to be the height of what could be accomplished "at this level".
                  I marked you down as a no. Make it no way.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You have a good point about "at this level." I forgot about those famous words.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Turgeon dug himself a pretty big hole with some of his statements, but he did take us from abysmal to respectable, which was a challenging abyss to get the program over. At the same time, the likelihood we'd be where we are today if he was still at the helm is basically nill. We'd just be another UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        Ricardo you are so cute!!!
                        SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                        gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Both Schaus and Turgeon deserve a ton of credit. HCGM got the keys to a really sweet ride from those two and he has driven the hell out of it.

I am sure Mark has no regrets about his career trajectory, other than he still needs a breakout few seasons and for Self to go away to get back to Larryland. I have no regrets about his tenure at WSU.

We forget that Randy Smithson was an improvement over the previous couple guys, who were good people by all accounts, in the HC role. We had been down so long it looked like up before Turg got here.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            Both Schaus and Turgeon deserve a ton of credit. HCGM got the keys to a really sweet ride from those two and he has driven the hell out of it.

I am sure Mark has no regrets about his career trajectory, other than he still needs a breakout few seasons and for Self to go away to get back to Larryland. I have no regrets about his tenure at WSU.

We forget that Randy Smithson was an improvement over the previous couple guys, who were good people by all accounts, in the HC role. We had been down so long it looked like up before Turg got here.
                            Jim Schaus can't get enough credit for where we are today.
                            GM thought he had bought a sweet ride only to take delivery of a stripped down version. He then proceeded to build his own very sweet ride.

Comment

turgeon, hunh? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X