Sorry Shockernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA2929
    Do you know the reason why KU won't play WSU? Do some research and find out for us.
    Actually I've never been able to get the full story but apparently KU's last trip down to Wichita was not a lot of fun. I don't have the all the facts but then again this thread is already pretty short on facts so what the heck (Darnell Jackson a thug, give me a freaking break).

The way the story is told in Kansasville the last time they played, KU felt like they got mistreated. Something about being promised so many tickets and then at the last minute only getting 1/3 as many, something else about the lockerroom situation being all screwed up and students acting like jackasses during the game.

I think the tickets thing was the big thing. Apparently they'd promised a bunch of tickets to alums in Wichita and then didn't get them.

At any rate the series didn't just go away. It was definitely ended by Kansas and for what they thought was cause.

Chris

Comment

Wichita State's independent, student-run news source
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
        http://www.thesunflower.com/web/isite.dll?1207830675548
        Nice read. :D :D
        THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by SekShocker
          Taylor a better writer than Ryan

Comment

Taylor a better writer than Ryan
            No doubt!!!!

Comment

:cry:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Interesting column.

But does it bug anyone else that one of our school paper's reporters/columnists identifies himself as a KSU fan?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  Interesting column.

But does it bug anyone else that one of our school paper's reporters/columnists identifies himself as a KSU fan?
                  Especially when he rips the WSU students who cheer for KU despite NCAA violations. Like KSU has been squeaky clean since it opened. I guess it's okay if you don't win anything.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Interesting column.

I think if I was him I would have omitted that little piece of information.

Comment

Interesting column.

Agree... he's obviously another Sunflower moron. :(
                      SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                        Interesting column.

Agree... he's obviously another Sunflower moron. :(
                        he writes for the eagle somtimes as well

Comment

Interesting column.

While I get the drift, he's somewhat shaky in his facts.

KU did not win a national champioonshp the year after Chamberlain was there, and they came nowhere close to the death penalty in 88.

Also, as a WSU student and KSU fan, he should know that WSU has 7 major NCAA infractions (PROBATIONS) and KU and KSU have 6 each, so why aren't the Shox as sucessful? That's a rhetorical question and I am not defending KU or bagging on the Shox or KSU, just his lack of doing HIS HOMEWORK.

GO SHOX!
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                            Interesting column.

KU did not win a national champioonshp the year after Chamberlain was there, and they came nowhere close to the death penalty in 88.

Also, as a WSU student and KSU fan, he should know that WSU has 7 major NCAA infractions (PROBATIONS) and KU and KSU have 6 each, so why aren't the Shox as sucessful? That's a rhetorical question and I am not defending KU or bagging on the Shox or KSU, just his lack of doing HIS HOMEWORK.

GO SHOX!
                            we did get the death penalty pretty much in the early 80s and KU gets a slap on the wrist

Comment

Interesting column.

GO SHOX!
                              Weren't we preseason #1 or #2 the year after we got hit with the infractions?

And if what I've been able to piece together is accurate, the infractions by KU since ours were much, much worse, yet they get no worse of a penalty, particularly the most recent ones.

Comment

Interesting column.

GO SHOX!
                                Weren't we preseason #1 or #2 the year after we got hit with the infractions?

And if what I've been able to piece together is accurate, the infractions by KU since ours were much, much worse, yet they get no worse of a penalty, particularly the most recent ones.
                                Here is officially what happend to WSU in 1982:

"Wichita State, one of the nation's top 20 in both wire service basketball polls, was barred from participating in postseason play for 1982 and 1983 and will lose one scholarship for each of the next two years in connection with recruiting and other violations dating from 1975."

WSU then refused to appeal the probation, siting "tightening of policy and the poor record of schools that have challenged N.C.A.A. findings and penalities were the primary reasons Wichita State decided against an appeal."
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Why not even try an appeal if the probation was so harsh? Seems odd to me. The NCAA must have just upped the policy regarding illegal recruiting and WSU must have been their opportunity to prove to everyone that they meant business.

EDIT: info from here:
                                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X