And that my friends......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And that my friends......

Is why you don't let someone shoot a 3 down 3 at the end of the game.

Anyone that thinks different doesn't understand the game and execution.

Something that stupid probably just cost Memphis a NC.....that and miserable free throw shooting.

By the way, Collins carried the ball about as bad a person could carry the ball to escape the defense with 9 seconds to go......

I wouldn't take Memphis and 5-1 at this point.

Comment

That was a HUGE shot by Mario.

I still don't foul. I know many say you do and it's about winning but in my mind it's cheap. It's legal, but I wouldn't do it. That and there was enough time for it to bite ya.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If I was Memphis, I wouldn't foul. You could be up by 1 and miss both free throws, and be in an even worse situation.

Comment

Lookin' like it's KUs time. They've so far dominated OT
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

You can come up with any disaster scenario you want but the basic probability weighs totally in favor of fouling.

Due to sheer arrogance Memphis is about to take home the 2nd place trophy and bring total misery to my life for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              You can come up with any disaster scenario you want but the basic probability weighs totally in favor of fouling.
              I agree. But I still wouldn't foul on principle. But that's me.

I've said from the beginning of the Tourney that Memphis wouldn't win the title because of FT shooting. Just didn't know when it'd come back to bite them. It may have happened tonight. That's the only reason it went to OT.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I said the exact same thing but I thought it would happen against Texas. The only problem is when you win by 20 all the time, free throws aren't usually as hard to make or nearly as important.

Comment

I said the exact same thing but I thought it would happen against Texas. The only problem is when you win by 20 all the time, free throws aren't usually as hard to make or nearly as important.
                  Me too. I had Texas in the title game in almost every bracket I filled out thinking they'd keep up with Memphis.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Congrats to KU and all for winning, but IMO, Memphis lost that game more than KU won it.

Comment

If Memphis had just hit their free throws, Chalmers could've shot all he wanted and it wouldn't have mattered much.

Credit KU (did I say that?)... they did what they needed to and have earned their crown.

Ok, now that I said that, K-WHO? (LOL)

Comment

Good grief, guys. KU won that game.

I'm not a KU fan or apologist by any means, but you all read like a bunch of jilted lovers.

KU boned their way through parts of the end of regulation. Driving for a heavily contested layup, down by 2 points, with over 16 seconds on the clock comes to mind.

But anyone who takes away that unbelievable comeback is just looking at it with some seriously slanted glasses.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                          Good grief, guys. KU won that game.

I'm not a KU fan or apologist by any means, but you all read like a bunch of jilted lovers.

KU boned their way through parts of the end of regulation. Driving for a heavily contested layup, down by 2 points, with over 16 seconds on the clock comes to mind.

But anyone who takes away that unbelievable comeback is just looking at it with some seriously slanted glasses.
                          It was a good comeback, KU played well, yes.

But I'm not going to take you seriously if you tell me that Memphis blew that game. How many free throws did they miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                            But I'm not going to take you seriously if you tell me that Memphis blew that game. How many free throws did they miss?
                            How many 3 point shots did KU miss the whole game?

If Memphis had won, would you say that KU "blew the game" because they couldn't hit one from behind the arc?

Memphis played as Memphis is. They haven't been a good free throw team all season. KU, on the other hand, has been a good 3 point shooting team all season. Knowing that, who would you really say blew the game?
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              I agree. But I still wouldn't foul on principle. But that's me.
                              I don't see it as being any different that fouling late to extend the game in an attempt to stage a comeback.

Comment

Working...
                              X