And that my friends......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indy
    IMO making the FT was huge especially to help cut the lead. But Memphis choked more than KU caught up. I really dont mean any disrespect by that. Last night was one of the best basketball games I have ever witnessed. I literally yelped when mario made that 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989
      Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Although I can't stand the majority of KU fans for their arrogance, I'm glad Self won a title. He's a good guy and a great basketball coach. He deserved the win.

I think KU was probably the most complete team in the nation this year and deservingly won the title. Congrats to them.

Now, give me 24 hours of KU coverage and I may take it back.. :roll:

After watching the Channel 12 news tonight I am already sick of the KU coverage.

They couldn't even find 10 seconds to mention the Shocker baseball team at all. The Shox only moved up to #5 in a couple of the major polls today. They also play K-state tomorrow in Manhattan.

Oh Well I guess they couldn't find a few seconds of time to cover the Shockers in a 35 minute newscast devoted almost entirely to KU basketball.

I guess I shouldn't expect a Lawrence TV station to give the Shox any coverage, oh wait a minute, this is a WICHITA TV station.
      Come now, this is big news for the entire state. Stations don't just cater to WSU fans believe it or not. It's been 20 years since any State University has brought a National Championship back to the State. This deserves some air time and that's the beauty of TV, you can change the channel. There are thousands of KU grads in Wichita, let them have their moment in the sun. I'm sure you wouldn't mind if it was nothing but College World Series coverage had we won it would you?

Besides, if you want Shocker baseball news, you are better served to visit Shockernet or goshockers. Local stations would give us the 30 second blurb about how we moved up in the rankings and play KSU tonight. Not exactly thought provoking.

Comment

Acutally, before last night it was 19 not 20 years. ;-)

Comment

Doc's right. This baseball team from Kansas won a National Championship in 1989. Can't recall the name of the team, but I do remember a guy by the name of Bryant Winslow.

Also, Butler has won a couple Football Championships, and I believe Ft Hays St won a Basketball Championship also.

Comment

along with Gregg Brummet...straight out of the old west urban baseball complex next to the 4H building. The good ole days
            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Calipari = sore loser.

Lost in the shuffle of their loss was a comment he made post game. Did anyone catch it? He referenced the referee's decision to change the late-in-the-shot clock 3-point bank shot by Rose to a 2 point shot because his foot was almost an entire foot over the three point line. Correct call, right? Yes.

Calipari was upset that the refs made that decision, and made the comment that is something he is going to try and get changed during the offseason. At the time of the final buzzer, I felt badly for some of the Memphis kids, but after he made that remark, I was glad he lost in such fashion and could care less for the guy.

Goes to show you, if you can't win by the rules, change the rules in the off-season and cross your fingers and hope they'll give you the National Championship in post.

Comment

Calipari had a smirk on his face when talking about "Getting that rule changed". He wasn't being serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  Indy
                  IMO making the FT was huge especially to help cut the lead. But Memphis choked more than KU caught up. I really dont mean any disrespect by that. Last night was one of the best basketball games I have ever witnessed. I literally yelped when mario made that 3.
                  There isn't any doubt that if Memphis makes a few more FTs KU fans are wondering how they let another title opportunity slip away. My only point is lost in Memphis' misses are KU's makes. If KU misses any of those, it might have meant a loss. KU made a lot of plays, and Memphis didn't execute at all in the last few minutes.

After all the times KU has choked away games, that's just fine if someone else will do it for the Jayhawks.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    Originally posted by shox1989
                    Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Although I can't stand the majority of KU fans for their arrogance, I'm glad Self won a title. He's a good guy and a great basketball coach. He deserved the win.

I think KU was probably the most complete team in the nation this year and deservingly won the title. Congrats to them.

Now, give me 24 hours of KU coverage and I may take it back.. :roll:

After watching the Channel 12 news tonight I am already sick of the KU coverage.

They couldn't even find 10 seconds to mention the Shocker baseball team at all. The Shox only moved up to #5 in a couple of the major polls today. They also play K-state tomorrow in Manhattan.

Oh Well I guess they couldn't find a few seconds of time to cover the Shockers in a 35 minute newscast devoted almost entirely to KU basketball.

I guess I shouldn't expect a Lawrence TV station to give the Shox any coverage, oh wait a minute, this is a WICHITA TV station.
                    Come now, this is big news for the entire state. Stations don't just cater to WSU fans believe it or not. It's been 20 years since any State University has brought a National Championship back to the State. This deserves some air time and that's the beauty of TV, you can change the channel. There are thousands of KU grads in Wichita, let them have their moment in the sun. I'm sure you wouldn't mind if it was nothing but College World Series coverage had we won it would you?

Besides, if you want Shocker baseball news, you are better served to visit Shockernet or goshockers. Local stations would give us the 30 second blurb about how we moved up in the rankings and play KSU tonight. Not exactly thought provoking.

Hey I agree they deserve some major news coverage. I just don't think they deserve almost the entire newscast, especially at the expense of WSU news (the local team).

The Shox have made their highest ranking in years (#5) and Andy Dirks got named the MVC player of the week but they couldn't find 10 seconds to mention either one of those things. I can guarantee you that the Lawrence and KC stations would not have done the same for us if the roles had been reversed.

Comment

[quote]Calipari had a smirk on his face when talking about "Getting that rule changed". He wasn't being serious.

I guess I'd have to see it again, but he came across as serious in his comments. I just find it hard to believe his was being light hearted at the moment, he was emotionally worn out.

I thought he sniped at the officials more than once in post game, wasn't the other in reference to what he thought was a foul on KU late that "I guess it wasn't a foul." (sorry if I misquoted him.) He made some kind of comment like that in addition to the rule change one.

Comment

I also heard the foul remark. It appeared he was taking a jab at the inconsistant officiating. They called the foul on Dorsey, which was a foul as it forced Chalmers out of bounds, but didn't call pushing Collins to the floor. My friend who saw the play live, albeit a few 30 rows up from the spot, said it Collins lost his balance again as he had done on the sideline and appeared to have fallen down before they could push him.

He was very lighthearted through most of the interview, and I can attest that he was most definitely not serious about changing the rule, but was merely implying that without the review they probably win. He at no time questioned the call or the reasoning behind reviewing it twice after the initial conference.

He did state, however, they were supposed to win that game, and that Kansas took it away from them. Meaning, IMO, they made the plays and Memphis didn't.

Comment

But back in '03 all I heard was how KU blew it by shooting so poorly from the line and they lost more than they got beat by 'Cuse.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                          X