What do you want out of our next AD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock
    We love to dream about the NCAA and national championships, but if the people of Wichita and the University are not willing to move forward, then that’s all they ever will be - dreams. And while we watch the BCS conferences grow larger and larger, our opportunities for recruiting athletes will lessen and lessen. The way I see it, if we are not in a major BCS conference in the next 20-25 years, WSU will be unlikely to sustain mediocrity in virtually all sports.
    man. that's depressing to think about.

BUT i'm gonna have to think about it for 20-25 years before i can choose to agree or disagree with you 8)
    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Bring back Bill Parcells!!!!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I sort of agree with 60Shock on this. My big fear is that when/if there is another conference re-alignment, and the private school half of the MVC splits off, that leaves us as the only D1 non-football playing state school in this geographic area. Our program might have to drop down to a MidCon level with UMKC and that, IMO, would be an absolute disaster and the beginning of the end for us. I think there needs to be a plan in place to at least start thinking about it.

Comment

I think the Gateway Conference could become the MVC. A couple more regular Valley Teams could get football. Even if that didn't happen I would completly support bringing football back.

Comment

The Gateway conference used to be the MVC. Didn't they split at some point?
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I've heard rumors on VT over the past year about the Gateway changing its name back to the Valley. There's also been talk about them looking to FBS in the future. Will that happen and how far down the line would be the question.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I also tend to agree with 60shock.

In the college sports world Football rules. If we are going to be seen as a major college program we are going to have to bring back football.

We need an AD who is willing to help put together a long range plan to improve WSU athletics including a plan to bring back football. :wsu_posters:

Comment

I don't think Football would be profitable, and that it would hinder excellence in our other sports.

Most football programs are not profitable. With rising fuel costs and other things, how many schools will be able to maintain football in the future. People will cut out things like football games out of their tightening budgets.
                  You can not just keep raising student fees, or you will start to lose students, they are high now.

I think you football advocates are living in an ivory tower, and not real life.

What would I like for a new AD to do? Really to just continue down the path that JS laid out. To do promotions, camps, fund raisers, get the baseball practice facility built, make improvements for other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                    I don't think Football would be profitable, and that it would hinder excellence in our other sports.

Most football programs are not profitable. With rising fuel costs and other things, how many schools will be able to maintain football in the future. People will cut out things like football games out of their tightening budgets.
                    You can not just keep raising student fees, or you will start to lose students, they are high now.

I think you football advocates are living in an ivory tower, and not real life.

What would I like for a new AD to do? Really to just continue down the path that JS laid out. To do promotions, camps, fund raisers, get the baseball practice facility built, make improvements for other sports.
                    Nice vision: Status Quo.

Come on, folks, football dominates the landscape. It's absolutely 100% necessary. Wichita is the largest city in Kansas, with many surrounding towns that can all support a program. If Springfied, MO or Cedar Rapids, IA can support a program, then why couldn't the strong economy in Wichita?

Comment

so i have an idea for startup capital. As recent reports have shown OSU has a billionaire who is willing to give ungodly amounts of money towards his beloved university. This is T. Boone and recently I think he just up-ed his signing bonus for Bill Self to like $35 Billion or something around there. Well, Wichita has a couple of its own billionaires who I for a fact now are looking for some tax right offs. If we could get say $30 million from Mr. Koch himself and $15-$20 million from Phil Ruffin, it would be paid for. Don't ask the kids, just up tuition $5-$10 dollars a credit hour and put that towards football. I love Dr. Beggs and I think he is great for this university, but he is wrong on this issue. IMHO

Comment

Considering our new AD's father is perhaps the greatest football player in the history of WSU, if the discussion is going to happen in our lifetime, then it's going to happen under his watch.

Comment

Working...
                        X