Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benishock
    If Bill Self does go to OSU then, obviously, KU should look at Steve Eck
    I knew the Steve Eck drop would be coming....

:roll:

Comment

IF Bill Self goes to OSU, it will NOT be over money. KU will up the ante. If he goes to OSU, it will simply be because he decides that the ole Alma Mater means more to him than being part of one of the top 5 programs in the country with regard to basketball tradition.

Comment

If Bill Self does go to OSU then, obviously, KU should look at Steve Eck

Isn't Steve Eck always the #1 candidate for every college basketball job?
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Can't anyone detect sarcasm?

Comment

I was waiting for the Eck to be dropped on the Ohio job..but I guess were being nice to them
            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Keeping the rug in place while in the water.

Maybe the money from OSU will allow him to buy a better rug, here is a photo of Kansas coach Bill Self, splashing around with his troops in Hawaii.

Note the hat. In such situations, when you're Bill Self and worried about water-based adhesives, it's probably important to keep the hat on, yes, just in case.
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

really...I didnt know he was a HCM guy. Usually that kind of stuff is pretty apparent and Im dissapointed I didnt detect the knit cap. Can we get some kind of confirmation on that...because I really didnt see Fordman look on him.
                1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Trust me, Shirley speaks the truth. It's all a rug.

Comment

Can't anyone detect sarcasm?
                    Can't you? 8)
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Trust me, Shirley speaks the truth. It's all a rug.
                      Surely you jest. ;-)
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

And we care about this, why?

Comment

Originally posted by trufan
                          IF Bill Self goes to OSU, it will NOT be over money. KU will up the ante. If he goes to OSU, it will simply be because he decides that the ole Alma Mater means more to him than being part of one of the top 5 programs in the country with regard to basketball tradition.
                          Honestly, if the rumors about the salary offer from OSU are true, KU will not match them...basically, they can't. Right now without incentives, Self makes around $6.9 million at KU in 5 years. OSU is offering him anywhere from $23.5 to $31 million over his first 5 years without incentives. I can guarantee you KU's offer will not sniff $20 million over 5 years. Of course, the rumors could be completely false and OSU maybe offering significantly less, if that's the case, KU has a very good chance of keeping Self.

Originally posted by Shox21
                          Because it's related to men's college basketball and the title of this forum is Men's Basketball... It could have been put under baseball, but I think this is a better fit.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                            Originally posted by trufan
                            Honestly, if the rumors about the salary offer from OSU are true, KU will not match them...basically, they can't. Right now without incentives, Self makes around $6.9 million at KU in 5 years. OSU is offering him anywhere from $23.5 to $31 million over his first 5 years without incentives. I can guarantee you KU's offer will not sniff $20 million over 5 years. Of course, the rumors could be completely false and OSU maybe offering significantly less, if that's the case, KU has a very good chance of keeping Self.

Originally posted by Shox21
                            Because it's related to men's college basketball and the title of this forum is Men's Basketball... It could have been put under baseball, but I think this is a better fit.

Agreed. The money from OSU will be meaningfully more than what KU will be able to come up with....still Self will be at KU next year as one of the three highest paid coaches in the country.

Comment

My worry is that Pickens just says, straight up, "How much do you want? What will it cost to get you here?"

KU will offer Self $2.5-3M per year for 10 years is my guess, plus incentives. Hopefully that will be enough to keep him in Lawrence. I have no doubt that Pickens will offer more than KU can.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I'm sure KU has the money to do it, but I just don't think KU will break $2 - $2.5 million a year. I could see them offering some kind of deal that that would give Self around $20 - $25 million over 10 years plus incentives. Guess we'll know for sure over the next couple of weeks and we can all stop speculating.

Comment

Working...
                                X