No announcement yet.

Schaus to Ohio U?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see anywhere there that it said JS was the AD at Oregon, just that he had football experience there. I recommend an ice pack, Fever.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
      Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
      Ohio presents an opportunity to get exposure to a program where football plays an important factor. If JS wants to someday move to a BCS school, FB experience would certainly help his chances...
      FYI:

Schaus came to WSU with with stints at Oregon, Cincinnati and Texas-El Paso. At last check Oregon is a BCS school. Schaus was the Director of Marketing for the NFL’s Washington Redskins and assistant athletics director of marketing and broadcasting at the University of Oregon.
      I would think that the Director of Marketing has less responsibility than the Athletic Director does. Especially when it comes to running a football program. Nice football resume for a Director of Marketing and Broadcasting, though.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
        I didn't see anywhere there that it said JS was the AD at Oregon, just that he had football experience there. I recommend an ice pack, Fever.

He didn't say he was the AD, but he did call the poster a #### when the point he was refuting with that idiotic insult was a valid one.

Comment

Cheese Johnson for AD!
          Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

As 7hottamales said, I think DJA was implying he has never been an AD at a BCS school, which is true. DaShox said Oregon was a BCS school, which is true. DaShox tried to link Oregon with JS being the AD there, which is untrue. DaShox called DJA a D.A., when in fact, he made himself look like a D.A.

Sorry I picked out one of your groupies.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Did I say Schaus was AD at Oregon? Uh, no I didn't. To say that he has no experience at a BCS school in football is inaccurate -- plain and simple.
              Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                If he does leave, maybe they will hire an AD that would want to try and start a football program here.
                That is a novel idea, football at WSU.

We need to start new thread on that topic.
                Seriously, why does anyone want a football program here? We'll be in the FCS (1-AA) in the Gateway conference. Plus, we'll lose hundreds of thousands of dollars each year trying to support it and after a few years of terribleness people will stop showing up to the games. It was a genius idea to get rid of the program in the first place, saving the money to give to the other sports to make them top notch. I feel that if we bring it back, it'll be a terrible decision. - Everyone, if you feel we absolutely need a football program at WSU I urge you to attend a few Friends University games. That is the type of talent, officiating and atmosphere we will be seeing with a football team at WSU. Not pretty.
                I agree it is tough or impossible to bring back at the level we'd like.

However, I do not agree it was genius to axe it in 1986.

Had we kept football, might we be in Conf USA, the WAC or Mountain West? I think it worthy of some thought.

Comment

He did a great job as AD at WSU.

Who do you think are some candidates for hire?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    As 7hottamales said, I think DJA was implying he has never been an AD at a BCS school, which is true. DaShox said Oregon was a BCS school, which is true. DaShox tried to link Oregon with JS being the AD there, which is untrue. DaShox called DJA a D.A., [/b]when in fact, he made himself look like a D.A.

No, I did not. Where did I say JS was the AD at Oregon? Show me the exact phrase. At the time of my initial post, I viewed JS' bio and was well aware JS was "was instrumental in his relentless work in promotion and sales for the Casanova Center, the Ducks’ 90,000-square-feet, state-of-the-art athletics facility. As the first construction project on the campus in 18 years, the erection of the Casanova Center played a huge role in Oregon’s football success, as the Ducks snapped a streak of 13-consecutive losing seasons, and played in the Freedom Bowl and Independence Bowl during Schaus’ two-year stint. "

If you want toquote me, fine. But use my words and not what you think I said. It would be best if you did not assume.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                      As 7hottamales said, I think DJA was implying he has never been an AD at a BCS school, which is true. DaShox said Oregon was a BCS school, which is true. DaShox tried to link Oregon with JS being the AD there, which is untrue. DaShox called DJA a D.A., when in fact, he made himself look like a D.A.

No, I did not. At the time of my initial post, I viewed JS' bio and was well aware JS was "was instrumental in his relentless work in promotion and sales for the Casanova Center, the Ducks’ 90,000-square-feet, state-of-the-art athletics facility. As the first construction project on the campus in 18 years, the erection of the Casanova Center played a huge role in Oregon’s football success, as the Ducks snapped a streak of 13-consecutive losing seasons, and played in the Freedom Bowl and Independence Bowl during Schaus’ two-year stint. "

It would be best if you did not assume.
                      Then maybe you should explain yourself better next time before lashing out on someone that made a valid point.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sh-nikey's!

Congrats Jim :good:
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Clarification of information is lashing out? Wow.

Thanks for everything Jim. Best of luck.

Comment

Clarification of information is lashing out? Wow.
                            No. Calling someone a D.A. after they had made a decent point is though.

Anyways, I'm over it.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A misinformed post is not decent. And yes, let's move on to the real issue at hand.

Comment

Quit the trivial arguments that are appearing in this thread, and give JS some props for what he's accomplished in his tenure at WSU, and some hope that the Prez will be able to replace him.

JS resume speaks for itself, and he's making a great jump to a quality school with football (another important step in his career)

Comment

Working...
                                X