• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auburn has a nice assistant that could use a head coaching job :D
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• JS left solely because of his parents, especially his dad. You can trust me on this one.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• fred got some press during the lakers-celtics series...how he and auerbach didn't get along....

Comment

• Another great hire by Schaus if this happens...

Groce is one of the top assistant coaches in the game and he was on my short list of hopeful hires here at WSU last year behind Coach Marshall.

Comment

• Confirmed a few days ago...

espn

Schaus targets, and gets his man, again.

Comment

• What Ohio has to look forward to...

May 26, 2008

Picture this. An Ohio University Athletic program where the Bobcats are the premier program in the conference, with all teams regularly competing for conference titles and NCAA tournaments. Academic success is at its highest level nationally and the quality of all aspects of the program brings unprecedented pride to faculty, students, staff, alumni and supporters throughout the country.

That vision can become a reality. It is a great time to be a Bobcat! Winning the MAC women's all sports trophy, several teams in postseason competition and excellence being exhibited by Bobcat student-athletes academically. There are so many things in which to be proud!

Bobcats Athletics has a storied tradition. Many great teams, players and memories abound! Thanks to the support of many individuals, the program has had many special times, and through the assistance of the Bobcat team of supporters, many more memories await! The future is very bright!

A successful athletic program impacts so many. It assists the university through enhancing enrollment, bolstering fund raising and promotes pride for faculty, student, staff and all supporters. It also benefits the community through entertainment value and economic impact to area businesses through athletic events. Moreover, athletics provides an education and fulfills a dream for nearly 400 men and women student-athletes each year.

If you can dream it, you can do it! There may be some challenges ahead. However, with the great assistance of the Bobcat team of supporters, our vision of future excellence will soon be coming into view. Walt Disney once said: "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them." Let's begin pursuit of our dream today!

Go Bobcats!

Jim Schaus
              Director of Athletics
              Ohio University

Comment

• It's a great day to be a Bobcat.

Comment

• Interesting that he was able to change coaches WITHOUT HAVING TO FIRE THE PREVIOUS COACH.

From the looks of some of the first articles about the job opening, the previous coach was allowed to go looking while still officially the coach at Ohio. Then the quick hire makes it look like Schaus had the replacement lined up and waiting. No buyout from changing coaches.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                    Interesting that he was able to change coaches WITHOUT HAVING TO FIRE THE PREVIOUS COACH.

From the looks of some of the first articles about the job opening, the previous coach was allowed to go looking while still officially the coach at Ohio. Then the quick hire makes it look like Schaus had the replacement lined up and waiting. No buyout from changing coaches.
                    JS is still the man. We all know he wanted his own guy, and he went out and got the best fit (arguably the hottest assistant coach in college bb, and a guy who's on a first name basis with Ohio HS coaches) way late in the game.

I hope Ohio fans realize they just won the lottery.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• That is a GREAT get for the Bobcats. I was still pulling for Coop... :D
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Schaus is an upbeat quality AD. I am sure he will help bring success to their programs.

Comment

Working...
                        X