Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we need Orupke, when we already have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we need Orupke, when we already have...

Do you think that a high school high jumper with a personal best such as described as follows could possibly be a candidate for playing basketball? I would think that he would have an excellent dunk shot and an uncanny ability to block shots.

From today's Wichita Eagle:

"On the WSU track -- Emporia's Brandon Childs, the Class 5A runnerup in the high jump and triple jump, is one of eight athletes signing with WSU recently.

Childs has a personal best of 16 feet, 9 inches in the high jump...."

The young man has a world-class vertical! Just imagine, the other teams in The Valley would not know what hit them, if we can only get him on the basketball court, instead of on the track!

I can hear Mike Kennedy saying, "Hannah to Childs for another dunk, again... on the way up! Oh, my,... can you believe it? As we wait for Childs to come back down, we will put this one in the ol' deep freeze. Can you believe it? My goodness, can you believe it?"

Coach Marshall, are you paying attention?

Why do we need Opruke, when we have Childs?

Re: Why do we need Orupke, when we already have...

Originally posted by Txlen
    http://www.kansas.com/250/story/364096.html

Do you think that a high school high jumper with a personal best such as described as follows could possibly be a candidate for playing basketball? I would think that he would have an excellent dunk shot and an uncanny ability to block shots.

From today's Wichita Eagle:

"On the WSU track -- Emporia's Brandon Childs, the Class 5A runnerup in the high jump and triple jump, is one of eight athletes signing with WSU recently.

Childs has a personal best of 16 feet, 9 inches in the high jump...."

The young man has a world-class vertical! Just imagine, the other teams in The Valley would not know what hit them, if we can only get him on the basketball court, instead of on the track!

I can hear Mike Kennedy saying, "Hannah to Childs for another dunk, again... on the way up! Oh, my,... can you believe it? As we wait for Childs to come back down, we will put this one in the ol' deep freeze. Can you believe it? My goodness, can you believe it?"

Coach Marshall, are you paying attention?

Why do we need Opruke, when we have Childs?

Heck, sign the kid up... he should easily be able to clear the backboard. Wow!

"Childs has a personal best of 16 feet, 9 inches in the high jump...."
    SFL is back!

Comment

lol I saw this this morning and laughed. Thats pole vaulting height there. Clearly they meant 6'9".

Comment

World record in high jump is 7' 11 1/2" So I'm guessing that 16' 9" would be a pole vault number.

Comment

Maybe Wichita State U has hired the Absent Minded Professor, and he's invented a new form of flubber.

Comment

If he's a triple jumper, wouldn't that be a long jump distance?
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

If he's a really good 6th grader.
              Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

16'9'' isnt very far for a college caliber long jumper. I was in the paper with a 44'' pole vault when i was in highschool.

Comment

Originally posted by ConferenceRealignment
                  16'9'' isnt very far for a college caliber long jumper. I was in the paper with a 44'' pole vault when i was in highschool.
                  wow. Most people can just step over that, but you can vault it!
                  The Assman

Comment

i dunno if you guys have seen semi pro when they invent the alley oop, this reminds me of that haha.
                    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Working...
                    X