No announcement yet.

2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This storyline no longer has legs, IMO. He's set to make a run at Final 4s from a strong multi-bid conference into the foreseeable future. There's really nothing, other than location (southeast coast), to lure him away. Now, if he went to another Final 4 and/or won several conference championships over the next 3-4 years, I could see him start eyeballing a retirement gig to wind down his career.

Comment

• Myron was very complimentary of our city when he was here a couple of weeks ago, so I really don't want to take him to task, but this is clickbait writing.

Let's look at this logically:

"Power 5." ANY Power 5 school? You think he leaves town for Alabama (whoops), UCLA (whoops) or without just being catty, do you honestly think he leaves town for any program historically in the bottom half of any conference, given his repeated assertions that he doesn't want another rebuilding job? The answer is no, so that eliminates half, and probably closer to 2/3rds of the "Power 5" teams right off the bat.

And, I would argue, far more than that given the historical inconsistency of even the "Power 5" schools. And, to that end, almost ANY offer HCGM would receive would be for a rebuilding project. He's not walking into Wake Forest, Cal, or even Indiana without having to rebuild SOMETHING.

Does anybody really think he wants any part of the smoking crater that's Louisville?

That leaves, literally, the true blue bloods: UNC, Duke, UK, and KU. The first two have succession plans already in place for their own people, he would never stab WSU in the heart by going to Lawrence, and after last March, I think he'd answer a call from UK with either uproarious laughter, a stream of expletives, or both, if he answered it at all.

Comment

• Well, certainly not ME. Perhaps you contributed enough for both of us. ;-)

Comment

• If all this FBI/NCAA stuff is true:

1. Might be a lot of openings..

2. At schools in serious trouble.

I think HCGM will be back. His recruiting class next year looks to have a LOT of promise!

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            I know. The other day I was watching the Shocks while daydreaming of seeing A. Lomax out on the floor playing the point.

• IF 3Gs does leave, good to know the pipeline is going strong. Jans would more than likely be he first call made (maybe the only call made)

That being said, hard to believe he’d be leaving anytime soon. He has to love the American thus far. Lots of great coachs and programs and I believe it has the chance to get even better.
          The Assman

Comment

• This thread is a waste of time and should be deleted.

Comment

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              Only the last page has been about the Metcalf article.

Chillax :)

• Comment

• “Everyone in yellow is with me,” Gregg Marshall told a perplexed security guard...

Right coach, right place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                “Everyone in yellow is with me,” Gregg Marshall told a perplexed security guard...

Right coach, right place.
                He loves to do that after big road wins. He did that for those of us that witnessed us demolish Creighton in Omaha several years back. It's so fun to witness if anyone ever gets a chance.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Shocks are the NCAA "Team of the Week"

Maston is yet another example of a Baylor player who developed into an effective offensive talent later in his college basketball career.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• “This is like the 50th red-out or white-out or black-out we’ve seen,” Marshall said. “So yeah, we feel pretty comfortable when that happens.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/article2008819...#storylink=cpy

Never, ever, anywhere have I seen a more perfect fit.

Comment

• "Wichita State Basketball: What knocking off Cincinnati means for the Shockers" - FanSided Sports

by Lukas Harkins
                      Posted: 02/19/18, 11:50am cst

Wichita State basketball has seen its fair share of ups and downs. Now, with a road win over Cincinnati on their resume, the Shockers are riding high.

"Wichita State basketball has seen its fair share of ups and downs. Now, with a road win over Cincinnati on their resume, the Shockers are riding high.

Wichita State has been an interesting team to follow all season. At times, the Shockers have looked like a top-10 team. On other days, the team has turned the ball over and struggled to win against average teams in the American Athletic Conference. However, in a road game against Cincinnati on Feb. 18, the elite version of the Shockers showed up.

From start to finish, Wichita State played an all-around great game. The box score might not show a dominating performance but nobody makes winning on the road against Cincinnati look easy. The Bearcats were riding a 39-game home winning streak heading into this game and this win by Wichita State will not go unnoticed by anyone.

For all those who doubted whether or not the Shockers could snag a big win, you should doubt no longer. Star guard Landry Shamet (19 points) led the way for the team but it was a team effort for Gregg Marshall’s squad to win the game. Wichita State shot 52.9% from the field (44.4% from three) on the night while dishing out 16 assists on their 27 made shots. Cincinnati was able to shoot 48.1% on the day but was limited from 3-point range. The Bearcats entered the game shooting 36.0% from deep but were held to just 30.4% in this game.

With the game now complete, what does this victory mean for Wichita State?

1. There is still hope to win the AAC...
                      2. Defense is the key to victory...
                      3. Shockers are back on the rise for the Big Dance..."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

He loves to do that after big road wins. He did that for those of us that witnessed us demolish Creighton in Omaha several years back. It's so fun to witness if anyone ever gets a chance.
                        That was one of my most favorite memories ever

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                          forevershockerfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes Rosewood, me too as their fans departed so very early not being able to take anymore thrashing. As far as SN memories, one of my favorites was the time you were gunching about the stale nachos at a Shocker game. Now That was a classic that still makes me chuckle.

• Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 19, 2018, 01:19 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Comment

• Myron Medcalf trying to work his way back into our good graces.

A true list of title contenders:
                          In a wide-open college basketball season, few teams have truly stood out. So, can just about any team win it all? Not quite. It's time to go through the list of legitimate candidates.
                          Last edited by FlyingWheat; February 20, 2018, 08:57 AM. Reason: Edit: it’s Medcalf

Comment

Working...
                          X