2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    Perhaps the Sporting News needs to be reminded just how craptastically awful the MVC is?
    Good point, RMS -- before you worry about what fancy hotel you spend the night in, first you get out of the burning building.

Comment

• ISUB beat Indiana U. Is Indy State pretty good, is IU really bad, or was this a fluke that means nothing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        ISUB beat Indiana U. Is Indy State pretty good, is IU really bad, or was this a fluke that means nothing?
        ISUb is experienced and should be relatively good this year. IU has a new coach and a bunch of new players. Perfect storm for ISU.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Archie Miller has lost to 2 Valley schools in a row.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
              Archie Miller has lost to 2 Valley schools in a row.
              It happens. For example, at various Dances from times past, I remember KU defeating S.Illinois (it was a battle), and Evansville. We are 2-0 at the Dance versus KU and they also lost to Bradley and N. Iowa at the Dance. Unless I am overlooking other games, It appears to be Valley 4--KU 2. Go AAC and Go Shocks!!!
              Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 12, 2017, 06:41 PM.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

It happens. For example, at various Dances from times past, I remember KU defeating S.Illinois (it was a battle), and Evansville. We are 2-0 at the Dance versus KU and they also lost to Bradley and N. Iowa at the Dance. Unless I am overlooking other games, It appears to be Valley 4--KU 2. Go AAC and Go Shocks!!!
                Yeah, but Chicken will still prattle "A Valley team would never beat us!" It's music to my ears.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Rk Year Date Region Round School PTS Opponent PTS OT Diff Location
                  1 2015 22-Mar-15 Midwest Third Round 2 Kansas 65 7 Wichita State 78 -13 Omaha, NE
                  2 2010 20-Mar-10 Midwest Second Round 1 Kansas 67 9 Northern Iowa 69 -2 Oklahoma City, OK
                  3 2007 22-Mar-07 West Regional Semifinal 1 Kansas 61 4 Southern Illinois 58 3 San Jose, CA
                  4 2006 17-Mar-06 Oakland First Round 4 Kansas 73 13 Bradley 77 -4 Auburn Hills, MI
                  5 1999 12-Mar-99 Midwest First Round 6 Kansas 95 11 Evansville 74 21 Milwaukee, WI
                  6 1981 20-Mar-81 Midwest Regional Semifinal 7 Kansas 65 6 Wichita State 66 -1 New Orleans, LA
                  7 1971 20-Mar-71 Midwest Regional Final Kansas 73 Drake 71 2 Wichita, KS
                  8 1967 18-Mar-67 Midwest Regional Third Place Kansas 70 Louisville 68 2 Lawrence, KS
                  9 1960 12-Mar-60 Midwest Regional Final Kansas 71 Cincinnati 82 -11 Manhattan, KS
                  10 1953 14-Mar-53 West Regional Final Kansas 61 Oklahoma State 55 6 Manhattan, KS
                  11 1952 22-Mar-52 West Regional Final Kansas 74 Saint Louis 55 19 Kansas City, MO
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                    forevershockerfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to phrase it. My memory only went back to 1981 and lacked the resources to dig deeper. Even so, up to 1981, the Valley won 4 and lost 2 and WSU got 2 of those nice wins. Way before that, included in the grand total it appears to be 6 wins for KU and 5 for the Valley. We will see how WSU and the AAC do in Dance games moving forward versus anybody and everybody.

• "Podcast: Will Duke's Coach K be the last D-I coach to win 1,000 at the same school?" - CBS Sports

Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander discuss the latest in college basketball

by Gary Parrish, CBS Sports Writer
                  1\Posted; 11/13/17, 10;00am cst

Wichita State versus College of Charleston, begins at about the 20:40 mark...

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                    ShockerDropOut commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Their facts were wrong on home losses in CKA. We lost to OSU at IBA, not CKA.

• Willis on the AAC Week 1 "Honor Roll"

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The American Athletic Conference has announced the winners of the league’s weekly men’s basketball honors for the week of Nov. 6-12.

Comment

• I remember someone from the B12 saying back during our undefeated season that we were a “flash in the pan.” Well we’ve been flashing now for 6 or 7 years. Keep it flashy Wichita!

Comment

• "When is it time to talk about whether Wichita State is the best team in college basketball?" - NBC Sports

By Rob Dauster
                      Nov 14, 2017, 7:25 AM EST

There is going to come a point in time where we, as college basketball fans and members of the college basketball media, need to sit down and have a real discussion about whether or not Wichita State is the best team in college basketball.

"There is going to come a point in time where we, as college basketball fans and members of the college basketball media, need to sit down and have a real discussion about whether or not Wichita State is the best team in college basketball.

On Friday night, in a season-opening win over UMKC, the No. 6 Shockers barely broke a sweat. They were up 15 points before you could blink. The lead was 30 by the last TV timeout of the first half and, come the break, the Shockers were up by 39 points.

But UMKC isn’t much to write home about.

We’re not looking at them as a potential league champ and NCAA tournament team.

That is, however, how we’re looking at the College of Charleston, who Wichita State eviscerated on Monday evening in the Koch Center. The Cougars managed all of 11 points in the first 13 minutes on Monday, they found themselves down by 25 points at halftime and, with about 18 minutes left in the game, Gregg Marshall mercifully called off the dogs with his team up 56-24..."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        "When is it time to talk about whether Wichita State is the best team in college basketball?" - NBC Sports

By Rob Dauster
                        Nov 14, 2017, 7:25 AM EST

There is going to come a point in time where we, as college basketball fans and members of the college basketball media, need to sit down and have a real discussion about whether or not Wichita State is the best team in college basketball.

"There is going to come a point in time where we, as college basketball fans and members of the college basketball media, need to sit down and have a real discussion about whether or not Wichita State is the best team in college basketball.

On Friday night, in a season-opening win over UMKC, the No. 6 Shockers barely broke a sweat. They were up 15 points before you could blink. The lead was 30 by the last TV timeout of the first half and, come the break, the Shockers were up by 39 points.

But UMKC isn’t much to write home about.

We’re not looking at them as a potential league champ and NCAA tournament team.

That is, however, how we’re looking at the College of Charleston, who Wichita State eviscerated on Monday evening in the Koch Center. The Cougars managed all of 11 points in the first 13 minutes on Monday, they found themselves down by 25 points at halftime and, with about 18 minutes left in the game, Gregg Marshall mercifully called off the dogs with his team up 56-24..."
                        I actually think the bottom half of that article is a fair take. I'm fine with his "jury is still out" position because we ARE going to find out very soon how good we are in Maui. If we blow through that tourney and beat everyone by 20 or more than we will be a new lightening rod. Not a lightening rod of whether we are worthy for the Dance or not but whether we are worthy for a number #1 ranking in the polls and if anyone CAN actually beat us. I'm fine with watching next week to find out also.

Comment

• The problem is that the 'jury is still out' on a team that has proven it. Perhaps they haven't proven as much as some people want, but those same people have no problem voting a bunch of high school players who have proven literally nothing, into the Top 5.

#doublestandards

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            The problem is that the 'jury is still out' on a team that has proven it. Perhaps they haven't proven as much as some people want, but those same people have no problem voting a bunch of high school players who have proven literally nothing, into the Top 5.

#doublestandards
                            But have we proven it though. Last year, our best win was Dayton.

Comment

Working...
                            X