Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Bracketology

Posted: 02/08/18

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

#2 CINCINNATI vs. #15 WRIGHT STATE in Nashville

#6 Wichita State vs #11 MIDDLE TENNESSEE in Dallas

#12 USC vs #12 Houston in Dayton as Last Four In

Next Four Out
    SMU

Comment

• I’ll take any seed if we get Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        I’ll take any seed if we get Dallas.
        Or San Diego?

Comment

• Just no boise
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• The Temple predicament is getting very interesting. Could see them being a hot topic on Selection Sunday. Would a 12-loss Owls team get in? 13-losses? I'm thinking 12 losses would get them in, 13 and things get hairy.

Comment

• At this point I would be ecstatic with a 6 seed or less. We need to at least split with Cinci. If not I feel Selection Sunday may be eerily similar to the last few years. “They have no bad losses. Yea, but who have they beat? Give them a 10 seed.”

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                Not only that but we need to win at SMU

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
              At this point I would be ecstatic with a 6 seed or less. We need to at least split with Cinci. If not I feel Selection Sunday may be eerily similar to the last few years. “They have no bad losses. Yea, but who have they beat? Give them a 10 seed.”
              JH4P had a great post on another thread, but this team has way more quality wins than the years we got a 10-11 seed. With a lot stronger SOS overall. Yes, unless we get one or more wins against Cinci or a couple of our other wins get Tier 1 status we will probably be capped at about a 6 seed. But we should still be a long way from the bubble.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                The Temple predicament is getting very interesting. Could see them being a hot topic on Selection Sunday. Would a 12-loss Owls team get in? 13-losses? I'm thinking 12 losses would get them in, 13 and things get hairy.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• There will be three losses among these teams ( Gonzaga, St Marys, USC, AZ, UCLA & Az St ) as
                  they play one another. Would like to see the Cowpokes, Marquette, So Caro, Boston College,
                  Baylor, Iowa St, No Caro ST, KSU, A&M, Xavier, Georgetown and Alabama win. 3-5 probably will

Comment

• CBS Bracketology (Palm's Update)

Posted: 02/09/18

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

#3 Cincinnati vs 14 Charleston

#7 Wichita State vs. #10 Louisville in Nashville

#7 Florida State vs. #10 Houston in Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      CBS Bracketology (Palm's Update)

Posted: 02/09/18

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

#3 Cincinnati vs 14 Charleston

#7 Wichita State vs. #10 Louisville in Nashville

#7 Florida State vs. #10 Houston in Dallas
                      louisville? isn't louisville on probation? or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

JH4P had a great post on another thread, but this team has way more quality wins than the years we got a 10-11 seed. With a lot stronger SOS overall. Yes, unless we get one or more wins against Cinci or a couple of our other wins get Tier 1 status we will probably be capped at about a 6 seed. But we should still be a long way from the bubble.
                        I agree with that. I do think our resume is better than last year. We have way more good not great wins. I was mainly stating that I think we could be looking at another situation where at lot of the advanced metrics place us as a 3-5 seed and we get a much lower seed than that because of our lack of marquee wins. There is still a lot of season left though. Who knows. Maybe Marquette and Baylor go on a tear and those end up being much better wins than they currently are.

Comment

• They got the same penalty as UNCheat.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                            They got the same penalty as UNCheat.
                            I’m sure Western Kentucky will get the hammer.
                            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• The one thing with seeding that could worry me was something that also happened last year. When the committee does the “scrubbing” (head-to-head team comparison) to come up with its seed list, it seemed like we were a 10 because we lost to OSU and thus were doomed to be seeded behind them. I hope the same doesn’t fall true for being behind OU this year.
                              78-65

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                                WSUwatcher commented
                                Editing a comment
                                The way Oklahoma is playing, behind them may mean out of the tournament. I don't think that's likely to happen.
                            Working...
                            X