No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one accused Democrats of being smart.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
    Ron Baker with the call out on Seth Davis...
    https://twitter.com/RonBaker31/statu...67017074196480

can anybody post the tweet? I can't see it lol

Comment

• Shocker Mama
      Shocker Mama commented
      Editing a comment
      He just said “...” as if to say, what do you say now Sethy-Boy?

• Seeing the tweet doesn’t do it justice. He quoted Davis original tweet and posted “...” along with it.

Comment

• Game's already a classic on the U right now.

BOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

• Here we go yet again...........It’s a great day to be a shocker!!

Btw, who coined that phrase? Was that PJForbes after the Natty in 89?

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
          Here we go yet again...........It’s a great day to be a shocker!!

Btw, who coined that phrase? Was that PJForbes after the Natty in 89?
          I believe it was Jim Schaus.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'll predict the Shockers hit #14 (+/-1) in the AP Week 16 Poll.

Go Shockers!!!
            :bball_spin:

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              I'll predict the Shockers hit #14 (+/-1) in the AP Week 16 Poll.

Go Shockers!!!
              :bball_spin:
              I'll say 15 or 16. It depends how far Clemson falls from #11 after losing 2. I think #15 St. Mary's, #16 Rhode Island, and #18 Tennessee fall behind us. #10 Auburn probably stays ahead of us going 1-1. The other question is how far will #5 Cincy and #6 Purdue fall after both losing 2. AZ was ahead of us at #17 and won both their games, so they will be moving up, too. #12-14 were Duke, KU, and UNC, all winning both games this week. How far will they all push up to? Probably all will be top 10.

Comment

• "Blog: My new AP Top 25 ballot" - Roanoke Times

By Mark Berman, AP Voter
                Posted: 02/18/18, 11:30pm cst

10. Wichita State (21-5) moves up nine spots after beating Temple and getting a big road win at Cincinnati. Next: Wed. against Tulane and Sat. at SMU.

14. Cincinnati (23-4) falls nine spots after losing to Houston and Wichita State. Next: Thurs. against UConn and Sun. against Tulsa.

23. Houston (21-5) cracks my ballot here after beating Cincinnati and squashing Temple. Houston also owns wins over Arkansas and Wichita State. Next: Thurs. at Memphis and Sun. against East Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  More importantly, our seed projection right now has to be no worse than 6 and is probably going to be a 5/4 in most brackets this week. A 6-2 finish just might be good enough for a protected seed. 7-1 and even 6-1 probably gets us a top 4 seed. That's pretty strong folks.
                  Projection on the Bracket Matrix (you are really wasting time looking anywhere else) was solidly as a 5 seed (#18 overall) BEFORE yesterday's win.

Comment

• Bozich has us at 13, Elton Alexander has us at 8, and DeCock has us at 14.

We are going to have a giant gain in raw vote totals. Guessing we check in at 13 in the AP Poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

Projection on the Bracket Matrix (you are really wasting time looking anywhere else) was solidly as a 5 seed (#18 overall) BEFORE yesterday's win.
                      Jamar are you saying potentially we could go higher than a 4 seed?

Comment

• 14 on Jerry Carino's ballot.

Comment

• Let's see. #19 last week and would be inexcusable for anyone behind the Shox to pass them.

#18 lost
                          #17 Arizona won @ #25 Arizona State and only led total pts 594 to 495 in last week's poll. I'm hopeful, but this isn't a guarantee.
                          #16 lost
                          #15 lost
                          #14 UNC went 2-0 vs a pair of good-ish, but not great teams. UNC probably gains enough ground to stay in front of WSU, but the gap will be significantly narrower.
                          #13 2 solid wins
                          #12 1 very good win

#11 lost twice
                          #10 1-1 with the mildly bad loss. I'd lean toward Auburn remaining ahead in the polls, but this one's worth watching.
                          #9 2-0
                          #8 0-2, both blowouts
                          #7 1-1. 90% sure WSU won't catch Texas Tech.
                          #6 1-1. 90% sure WSU won't catch Purdue.
                          #5 0-2. Voters love putting the head-to-head winner right in front, so WSU right ahead of Cincy this week, right?
                          WSU isn't catching any of the top 4... this week.

I'm guessing 12, with 8 to 14 as the range.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post

Jamar are you saying potentially we could go higher than a 4 seed?
                            7-0 over the next 3 weeks probably earns a 3 seed.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...15#post1105015

Comment

Working...
                            X