• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• we gained votes but lost 2 places

Comment

• Dropped 2 spots...I'm honestly fine with that. Just keep winning! 4 - 8 are separated by less than 100 points then a big drop below that.

Comment

• Best chances for Top 10 losses this week:

Duke at Miami
          KU at WVA
          TX Tech at Texas
          OU at Ok State

Comment

• AP Wk 11
            Rank 7
            Points 1,283
            % chg pts. 4.7%

Comment

• We are approximately > 1 minute, a mental lapse and missed free throw from beating Notre Dame and being #3. I'm ok with continued winning and remaining in the Top 10.

Comment

• This is an official Take Care Of Business week
                Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Week #11 - Coaches Poll

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa.../coaches-poll/

1. Villanova
                  2. Virginia
                  3. Purdue
                  4. Wichita State
                  5. Duke
                  6. Oklahoma
                  7. West Virginia
                  8. Texas Tech
                  9. Michigan St
                  10. Kansas

Others
                  11. Cincinnati
                  30. Notre Dame
                  35. Baylor
                  36. Oklahoma State

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Week #11 - Coaches Poll

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa.../coaches-poll/

1. Villanova
                    2. Virginia
                    3. Purdue
                    4. Wichita State
                    5. Duke
                    6. Oklahoma
                    7. West Virginia
                    8. Texas Tech
                    9. Michigan St
                    10. Kansas

Others
                    11. Cincinnati
                    30. Notre Dame
                    35. Baylor
                    36. Oklahoma State
                    I like this one better!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Raw votes increased from 1225 to 1283, pretty much as expected. Keep winning and that number will continue to climb.

Relative positioning is more fickle but the gains will come as the raw number increases.

Mildly annoyed with the drop but it really is no big deal.

Comment

• Jesse Newell from the KC Star is not a fan, having us the lowest rank of #12. But he has those good-looking Jayhawks at #10 after posting major blowouts over stellar Big 12 competition this week.

I smell insecurity.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Jesse Newell from the KC Star is not a fan, having us the lowest rank of #12. But he has those good-looking Jayhawks at #10 after posting major blowouts over stellar Big 12 competition this week.

I smell insecurity.
                          For the lurkers... :)

Guess old Jesse knows who butters his bread.

"A KU graduate who makes his home in Lawrence, Newell will make his official start at The Star on Feb. 14."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Not surprised at all. The ECU game was not stellar in the first 8 minutes. If any of the pollsters watched just that part (before heading to bed--later start on the east coast), they might have based their vote on that. WSU didn't look all that dominating against Tulsa either. For a team like WSU, which is often disrespected, it's very easy to not vote them as high as they could be voted. Pre-conceived notions---And not taking into account all that we know about the team and situations. To be honest, I'm just fine with not getting all the credit...keep the chip on the shoulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                              Not surprised at all. The ECU game was not stellar in the first 8 minutes. If any of the pollsters watched just that part (before heading to bed--later start on the east coast), they might have based their vote on that. WSU didn't look all that dominating against Tulsa either. For a team like WSU, which is often disrespected, it's very easy to not vote them as high as they could be voted. Pre-conceived notions---And not taking into account all that we know about the team and situations. To be honest, I'm just fine with not getting all the credit...keep the chip on the shoulder.
                              If I was being completely unbiased and completely honest...I'd have to completely disagree with almost everything you just said. We moved up by nearly 60 votes so the pollsters mostly all moved us up. I have difficultly finding a single marquee win on our schedule while every team in front of us has at least one. This is the first year I've felt the pollsters are giving us our due and benefit of the doubt. Unlike previous seasons we have several opportunities to prove ourselves with games at SMU, Houston and 2 games against Cinci hopefully the boys take advantage!

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                                Not surprised at all. The ECU game was not stellar in the first 8 minutes. If any of the pollsters watched just that part (before heading to bed--later start on the east coast), they might have based their vote on that. WSU didn't look all that dominating against Tulsa either. For a team like WSU, which is often disrespected, it's very easy to not vote them as high as they could be voted. Pre-conceived notions---And not taking into account all that we know about the team and situations. To be honest, I'm just fine with not getting all the credit...keep the chip on the shoulder.
                                The first 8 minutes against ECU had nothing to to do with the polls. I’m not sure why the pollsters voted the way they did but I disagree that a small portion of ECU had a bearing on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X