No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington, issuer of quality losses and destroyer of beakers, doing an admirable job of keeping it within 100 at home against Gonzaga.
    ​​​​​​
    Bulldogs leading 84-62 at the under 8.

Comment

• wichshock65
      wichshock65 commented
      Editing a comment
      They might just prove to be a bad loss for the beakers after all!
      Last edited by wichshock65; December 10, 2017, 08:58 PM.

• Second ballot in with WSU at 3 ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Washington, issuer of quality losses and destroyer of beakers, doing an admirable job of keeping it within 100 at home against Gonzaga.
      ​​​​​​
      Bulldogs leading 84-62 at the under 8.
      That defense, which KU fans were wowed by and bewildered by, just gave up 97 points on their home floor in a nail-biting 27 point loss.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Rlh04d
        Rlh04d commented
        Editing a comment
        But isn't Washington very, very good, and a tournament lock with their win over mighty KU?

You're not telling me their sub-SDSU KenPom ranking is correct, are you?

• Shaqness
        Shaqness commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it.

• Jamar Howard 4 President
        Jamar Howard 4 President commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I could like comments. Love the comparison to SDSU, Rlh04d

• No. 4 in this week’s CBS top 25 & 1.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
        Steeleshocker commented
        Editing a comment
        He updates that daily. Guessing the KU game will be factored in tomorrow.

• DanielBryan
        DanielBryan commented
        Editing a comment
        KU was 11th tonight I believe

• Mark Berman's AP ballot: 1. Michigan St, 2. Arizona St. 3. Villanova 4. Wichita State 5. North Carolina 6. Duke 18. KU, Cincy unranked. Last week he had the Shockers at #7 and ASU at #12. He considered including OU in his top 25 but opted for Tennessee instead at #25:

Comment

• I'm assuming Arizona State will eventually come crashing back down to earth after a while. They are nowhere near a Top 5 team in the country. Most advanced sites don't even have them in the Top 25. I could be wrong, but I'm assuming they will regress here after a while. Time will tell.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
          Editing a comment
          They have gone from KenPom #100 to #36 in the span of a month. Pretty incredible.

• I am thinking the Shockers will come in at this weeks AP Ranking of #3. It would normally take about 1,500 points this year to be ranked #3, but i think we can get there this week with about 1,450 points.

Comment

• Seth Davis has the Shockers #3 on his ballot:

More
          .@TheAthleticCBB 1. Mich St 2. Nova 3. Wich St 4. Duke 5. TxAM 6. Ariz St 7. UNC 8. Gonz 9. Mia 10. Xav 11. WVa 12. UVa 13. Seton Hall 14. Ariz 15. KU

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            I am thinking the Shockers will come in at this weeks AP Ranking of #3. It would normally take about 1,500 points this year to be ranked #3, but i think we can get there this week with about 1,450 points.
            ASU will be all over the board I think, while we will be in the 3-5 range on most. That should help

Comment

• I would like to see is come in at #3. I think we are deserving of that spot at this point. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if Duke only drops to 3 and we get the 4.

Comment

• "College Basketball Rankings: Projected Top 25 for Week 6" - FanSided

by Connor Muldowney
                Posted:12/10/17, 10:30pm cst

With the fifth week of the college basketball season in the books, here’s what the AP Top 25 rankings might look like for Week 6.

"The college basketball season is rolling right along and we are entering the sixth week of the year with plenty to talk about from Week 5. It was one of the crazier weeks in recent memory as five of the top-10 teams in the country went down with an upset loss....

1. MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS
                2. VILLANOVA WILDCATS
                3. WICHITA STATE SHOCKERS (8-1) Last Week: 6
                Wichita State was a top-10 team that didn’t fall via upset in Week 5, and for some reason that’s noteworthy as half the teams in that top-tier did lose. Gregg Marshall has a talented team at his disposal and even though the Shockers are in a new league, the American Athletic Conference, there’s a good chance they can run the table in year one of conference action. For now, they will have to settle for being the No. 3 team in the land.

4. DUKE BLUE DEVILS
                5. KENTUCKY WILDCATS
                6. MIAMI HURRICANES
                7. NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS
                8. XAVIER MUSKETEERS
                9. ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS
                10. TEXAS A&M AGGIES

Others:
                15. NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH
                20. CINCINNATI BEARCATS
                21. BAYLOR BEARS..."

Comment

• Whatever our rank, this weeks game will be our toughest. OU will try to play extremely fast and shoot quickly. They have more then Young who is the best player we've played. Lattin, and James are really good. They should be ranked highly too.

Comment

• If I'm picking, Villanova is #1, then Michigan State, then either WSU or Duke. Strangely, though, they didn't give me a ballot.

Still, I'm guessing those will be the top four in some order, with WSU either #3 or #4, a remarkable achievement considering no McDuffie yet (which in some ways is the best part, because the Shocks figure to be better once he returns). Could there actually be a #1 ranking at some point this season?

Of course, April 3 would be the ideal time for that to happen...

Comment

• Jerry Carino lists the Shockers at #3 on this ballot, Duke #4, ASU #10:

1. Michigan State (9-1)

2. Villanova (10-0)

3. Wichita State (8-1)

4. Duke (11-1)

5. Miami (8-0)

6. North Carolina (9-1)

7. Kentucky (8-1)

8. Xavier (9-1)

9. Texas A&M (8-1)

10. Arizona State (9-0)

11. Kansas (7-2)

12. Gonzaga (8-2)

13. West Virginia (9-1)

Comment

• Chris Daschille lists Duke #2, Shockers #4, Arizona State #8, and Cincy #22 on his ballot: https://twitter.com/WBALDash/status/940111011473952768

Comment

Working...
                        X