No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on that let's see if we can jump Villanova next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      It makes me uncomfortable that you guys are e-mailing a reporter about a basketball poll. Don't be that fanbase.
      Welp, that fanbase now knows what happened.

Thanks for the well-received email, LoneStar.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I guess that means the people that should really be upset are WVU fans, whose team he dropped 9+ spots out of his poll for no apparent reason.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't know that I'd consider an 88-65 loss no reason to drop, dizzle.
          Edit: We aren't talking about The Flagship, after all -- now, for them, coming up short by 23 would be just another quality loss.
          Last edited by WSUwatcher; November 14, 2017, 11:08 PM.

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Me thinks you missed the point of @Cdizzle's post WSUwatcher.

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I guess that means the people that should really be upset are WVU fans, whose team he dropped 9+ spots out of his poll for no apparent reason.
        Since he couldn't officially drop WVU beyond 26th some other team (WSU) had to be punished.

Comment

• "College Basketball Power Rankings: Duke to No. 1, Xavier and Minnesota climb" - NBC Sports

By Rob Dauster
          Nov 19, 2017, 10:16 PM EST

"...But the truth is that, as of today, we still don’t really know anything about these teams. Arizona, Villanova and Wichita State didn’t have to play anywhere near their best basketball to start the season 3-0. The same can be said for anyone that is currently sitting at or near the top of these rankings.

This week is when we start to really find out about them. Arizona is playing in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Duke, Michigan State, North Carolina and Florida are in the PK80. Wichita State is out in Maui. There are events in New York City all week. UCLA, Creighton, Baylor and Wisconsin are in Kansas City. There are games in Las Vegas and Orlando and California

And while my opinion on the glut of exempt events still stands, I do think that we learn more about, say, Wichita State seeing them play potentially overmatched opponents in Maui over the course of three straight days than we do seeing them beat the brakes off of mid-major competition in Koch Arena.

Anyway, here is the NBC Sports Top 25 in its entirety:

1. Duke, 4-0 (Last Week: No. 2)
          2. Michigan State, 3-1 (1)
          3. Arizona, 3-0 (3)
          4. Kansas, 3-0 (4)
          5. Villanova, 3-0 (5)
          6. Wichita State, 2-0 (6)
          7. Florida, 3-0 (7)
          8. Cincinnati, 3-0 (8)
          9. USC, 4-0 (9)
          10. Miami, 3-0 (10)
          11. Xavier, 3-0 (14)
          12. Texas A&M, 2-0 (11)
          13. Minnesota, 4-0 (19)
          14. Louisville, 2-0 (12)
          15. Notre Dame, 3-0 (13)
          16. Seton Hall, 4-0 (15)
          17. Kentucky, 3-1 (16)
          18. North Carolina, 2-0 (17)
          19. Saint Mary’s, 4-0 (21)
          20. Alabama, 3-0 (22)
          21. Purdue, 4-0 (24)
          22. Gonzaga, 3-0 (23)
          23. UCLA, 3-0 (18)
          24. Texas, 3-0 (NR)
          25. Texas Tech, 4-0 (NR)..."

Comment

• "Jerry Carino's Associated Press Top 25 men's basketball ballot" - Gannett New Jersey Press

Jerry Carino, AP Voter
            Published 5:00 a.m. ET Nov. 20, 2017

Here is college basketball beat writer Jerry Carino’s ballot for this week’s Associated Press Top 25, with analysis:
            1. Duke (4-0)
            2. Michigan State (2-1)
            3. Arizona (2-0)
            4. Kansas (3-0)
            5. Villanova (3-0)
            6. Wichita State (2-0)
            7. Kentucky (3-1)
            8. Florida (3-0)
            9. North Carolina (2-0)
            10. Southern Cal (3-0)

Others:
            12. Cincinnati (3-0)
            13. Notre Dame (3-0)
            25. Baylor (3-0)

Comment

• "Hoop Thoughts: Getting rid of the one-and-done would only hurt the game" - The Fieldhouse

By Seth Davis, AP Voter

Posted:11/20/17, 3:55am

On the morning of Friday, Nov. 10, I arrived at the gym with an extra pep in my step. At long last, the first day of the college basketball season had arrived. Early in my workout, I noticed a television overhead that was tuned to ESPN. The network was showing a graphic promoting the evening’s...

"This week's AP ballot (Last week’s rank in parentheses):
              1. Arizona (1)
              2. Duke (3)
              3. Michigan State (2)
              4. Kansas (4)
              5. Wichita State (5)
              6. Miami (6)
              7. Florida (7)
              8. Villanova (8)
              9. USC (9)
              10. Saint Mary’s (10)

Others:
              13. Notre Dame (13)
              19. Cincinnati (18)
              23. Baylor (22)"

Comment

• "Courtside Blog: My AP Top 25 basketball ballot" - The Roanoke

By Mark Berman, AP Voter
                Posted:11/20/17, 12:01am

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/courts...7543ba3e4.html

''...Here is the ballot:

1. Duke (4-0) moves up four spots after beating Michigan State in Chicago and beating Southern. Next: Monday against Furman and Thursday against Portland State in Portland.

2. Arizona (3-0) stays here after beating Cal State Bakersfield. Next: Wed. against N.C. State in the Bahamas.

3. Kansas (3-0) stays here after beating Kentucky in Chicago and beating South Dakota State. Next: Tues. against Texas Southern and Friday against Oakland.

4. Michigan State (2-1) falls three spots after losing to Duke in Chicago and beating Stony Brook. Next: Thursday against DePaul in Portland.

5. North Carolina (2-0) drops a spot after beating Bucknell. Don't like to drop a team after a win, but I wanted to keep Michigan State in my top four. Next: Monday at Stanford and Thursday against Portland in Portland.

6. Wichita State (2-0) stays here after beating the College of Charleston. Next: Monday against Cal in Maui.

7. Villanova (3-0) moves up a spot after beating Nicholls and Lafayette. Next: Wed. against Western Kentucky in the Bahamas.

8. Kentucky (3-1) falls one spot after losing to Kansas and beating ETSU. Next: Monday against Troy and Wed. against Fort Wayne.

9. Notre Dame (3-0) stays here after beating Mount St. Mary's and Chicago State. Next: Monday against Chaminade in Maui.

10. Southern Cal (3-0) stays here after beating North Dakota State and winning in OT at Vandy. Next: Wed. against Lehigh and a big game Sun. against Texas A&M.

Others:
                12. Cincinnati (3-0) stays here after beating Western Carolina and Coppin State. Next: Mon. against Buffalo in the Cayman Islands.

Comment

• "BOZICH | My AP College Basketball Top 25 ballot" -

By Rick Bozich, AP Voter
                  Posted: Nov 20, 2017 7:51 AM CST

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) — Criticism is expected. Suggestions are inevitable. Questions are unavoidable.

This is my weekly ballot in the Associated Press College Basketball Top 25 poll. I know that your Top 25 is better than mine. I encourage you to share it — with an email to rbozich at wdrb.com.

Here goes.

1. Arizona (3-0) — The Wildcats’ opening streak of playing three nobodies will end when they play 4-0 North Carolina State Wednesday.

2. Duke (4-0) — If Grayson Allen averages 37 points, Mike Krzyzewski will win his 6th national title.

3. Kansas (3-0) — I’ve seen Bill Self lose on the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament with more talent than this.

4. Wichita State (2-0) — This is a formidable senior-led team that has a legitimate chance to win the national title.

5. Villanova (3-0) — Three easy wins for the 2016 national champions, who get Western Kentucky next on Wednesday.

6. Michigan State (2-1) — I’m not gaga about the Spartans’ guards.

7. North Carolina (2-0) — The Tar Heels visit Stanford tonight.

8. Kentucky (3-1) — Ken Pomeroy’s projections do not have the Wildcats losing until they visit West Virginia in January, but somehow I do not expect this group to win the next 16 in a row.

9. Florida (3-0) — The Gators beat New Hampshire by seven a few days after Texas beat the Wildcats by 18. Maybe I should have voted for Texas, too.

10. Cincinnati (3-0) — The Bearcats are playing an exhibition schedule until Decembe

Others:
                  12. Notre Dame (3-0) — The Irish must be considered the favorite in Maui because they open with Chaminade...."

Comment

• "AP Top 25: Brant Wilkerson-New's ballot" - News Record (Greensboro, NC)

By Brant Wilkerson, AP Voter
                    Posted: 11/20/17, 9:30am cst

Brant Wilkerson-New's AP Top 25 Ballot
                    1. Duke
                    2. Arizona
                    3. Michigan State
                    4. Kansas
                    5. Wichita State
                    6. Villanova
                    7. Kentucky
                    8. Florida
                    9. Notre Dame
                    10. North Carolina

Others:
                    14. Cincinnati
                    17. Baylor
                    21. Oklahoma..."

Comment

• Really curious where the guy who dropped us a ton last week has us this week.

Comment

• "ESPN Power Rankings" - ESPN

Jeff Borzello, ESPN Staff Writer
                        Posted: 11/20/17, 7:38 AM CT

The argument will go on all season: Which conference is the best? For now, a week into the season, the Big East is proving once again that it is a beast.

"1. Duke Blue Devils
                        2. Arizona Wildcats
                        3. Kansas Jayhawks
                        4. Michigan State Spartans
                        5. Villanova Wildcats
                        6. Wichita State Shockers - Record: 2-0, Preseason ranking: 5
                        It won't take long to figure out whether the Shockers are for real -- and their 18-point drubbing of Charleston is a hint. But Wichita State faces Baylor, South Dakota State, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma in a two-week span at the start of December. Will Gregg Marshall have a healthy Markis McDuffie by then?
                        7. Cincinnati Bearcats - Record: 3-0, Preseason ranking: 9
                        The biggest question with Cincinnati heading into the season was whether Cane Broome could be a true point guard. He's turning it over too much early, but he's also getting plenty of playmaking help from his teammates. Mick Cronin might have his best team since taking over at Cincinnati.
                        8. Minnesota Golden Gophers
                        9. Xavier Musketeers
                        10. USC Trojans

Others:
                        18. Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Record: 3-0, Preseason ranking: 20
                        Mike Brey always seems to find replacements to make his offense seamlessly transition from year to year. So far this season, the answer to the departures of V.J. Beachem and Steve Vasturia has been Temple Gibbs, who has eclipsed the 20-point mark twice in his first three games.

Comment

• This week's AP Top 25 is out: http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll/2018/3

Comment

• Time to take care of business this week!
                            Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• The line for Cal is -19.5 one place I found it and -17.5 another place.

That's a bigger spread for Cal on a neutral court than we had for Charleston in Koch.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X