2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
    I'm amazed how how easily some of you get your panties in a bunch over some guy in a room somewhere writing numbers on a piece of paper. The season is young, we have a good team...enjoy the ride.
    So basically the same thing as the selection committee except it’s a group of people.

Comment

I'm amazed how how easily some of you get your panties in a bunch over some guy in a room somewhere writing numbers on a piece of paper. The season is young, we have a good team...enjoy the ride.
      Ask potential recruits if it matters.

Ask Gregg Marshall if it matters.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Last edited by WstateU; November 13, 2017, 05:01 PM.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• You guys take these popularity polls too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            You guys take these popularity polls too seriously.
            I take things that have direct correlation to the success of the program seriously ... so yes .. i do.

Comment

You guys take these popularity polls too seriously.
              lol, such dumb logic.

The day TV networks, newspapers, websites, etc stop putting those funny numbers next teams is the day you can say it doesn’t matter.

How come you came into a meaningless thread that you care little about anyway?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It matters to recruits.

It matters to coaches.

It matters to the selection committee.

It's a wonder it shouldn't matter to fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  It matters to recruits.

It matters to coaches.

It matters to the selection committee.

It's a wonder it shouldn't matter to fans.
                  I thought the selection committee used RPI more than polls and then also used the RPI to determine how many top 50 wins a team had. I heard they were going to used other things more, such as Kenpom, etc.

Comment

I thought the selection committee used RPI more than polls and then also used the RPI to determine how many top 50 wins a team had. I heard they were going to used other things more, such as Kenpom, etc.
                    The selection committee uses whatever crap they can throw at the wall and get the media to go along with in order to select the teams they want. Like the polls, it's a popularity contest. Like the polls, both need reformed for fairness and accountability.

A team with a marginal tourney resume that spent all season in the Top 25 is much more likely to get into the tourney than a team with a marginal tourney resume that spent all season convincing themselves polls don't matter.

Comment

With his privilege of being a voter also comes accountability. Seems more strange to me those who shrug their shoulders and not question.

Comment

• ShockerFever is back. Shockers are a lightening rod of contention. Disagreements abound on the basketball forum. IT'S FINALLY BASKETBALL SEASON! Wuhoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          It matters to recruits.
                          Drop mic.

Comment

• Marshall mentioned being #6 in the pregame talk to the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                              Marshall mentioned being #6 in the pregame talk to the team.
                              Probably just reminding them how it really doesn’t matter.

Polls, RPI, kenpom, seeding... pffft... who needs to think about nonsense like silly numbers and stuff. Just play the game. That’s all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Probably just reminding them how it really doesn’t matter.

Polls, RPI, kenpom, seeding... pffft... who needs to think about nonsense like silly numbers and stuff. Just play the game. That’s all that matters.
                                Ohhh if it were ONLY about that. Good post SHOCKvalue!
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X