No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN had Landry 6-7 FG in 15 minutes and I saw in the play-by-play that he missed a shot late in the 4th Q. What service did you get the #s from?

Even though Landry can shoot the rock, the +/- doesn't seem to go his way. He came in the 4th Q with the Sixers leading by 13 around 7:30 to go and in 3 1/2 minutes went 3-3 from 3pt but came out (only player to leave) for Reddick with the score only a +1 during that time. In less than 1 1/2 minutes, the score bumped +5, Landry and others came in for the last 2.5 minutes where he shot only once and missed, but the score bumped another +4. Landry finished with the lowest +/- on the team with a -6.

Comment

• Landry Shamet Highlights vs Cleveland Cavaliers (12.16.18)

https://www.nba.com/sixers/video/tea...hlwide-2381946

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        That boy good.

• Nothing turned up easily in a search, but it looks like Landry passed Luka Doncic last night for the lead among NBA rookies in made 3 pointers. Top 4 as far as I know:

Landry Shamet - 58 for 142 41% (3.1 for 7.7 per 36 minutes)
      Luka Doncic - 57 for 159 36% (2.3 for 6.5)
      Trae Young - 38 for 158 24% (1.6 for 6.7)
      Mikal Bridges - 36 for 111 32% (1.7 for 5.3)

Not even close, and I'm not surprised. If he makes the normal progression that tends to occur from year 1 to 2 to 3 - particularly with a franchise with a tailwind - those numbers could be top 5 or 10 in the league.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear the conversations in the Philly front office discussing "so... uh... why do we need Fultz going 0 for the entire season from 3 when we have this guy?"

For comparison with the two best (or at least most prolific):

Steph Curry - 5.4 for 11.4 per 36 minutes, 47%
      James Harden - 4.0 for 10.9 per 36 minutes, 37%

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
        Nothing turned up easily in a search, but it looks like Landry passed Luka Doncic last night for the lead among NBA rookies in made 3 pointers. Top 4 as far as I know:

Not even close, and I'm not surprised. If he makes the normal progression that tends to occur from year 1 to 2 to 3 - particularly with a franchise with a tailwind - those numbers could be top 5 or 10 in the league.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear the conversations in the Philly front office discussing "so... uh... why do we need Fultz going 0 for the entire season from 3 when we have this guy?"

Freaking Trae young hit 38 3's just in the game against us in intrust last year!

Comment

Nothing turned up easily in a search, but it looks like Landry passed Luka Doncic last night for the lead among NBA rookies in made 3 pointers. Top 4 as far as I know:

Very cool. For up to date rookie stats, check out this link. Shamet is #1, Luka is #2 and then it goes Kevin Huerter, Kevin Knox, and then Trae Young. Shamet and Doncic have a pretty big lead right now.

Comment

• $$$$$$$

Comment

lol

:biggrin-new:

Comment

• I know he probably won't be the ROY but seems like he's definitely among the very best rookies. Is it crazy to think that there's a good chance that Fred and Landry will be All-Stars down the road some day?

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IMO, Fred has a much more complete game. Always has. His "problem" is that he's not a prolific scorer and that many times does not register in the NBA. Landry is a scorer, but at this time, not much else. He's problem is that he's got a boat load of competition in the NBA and some of those have a lot more to their game.

• Walker
                  Walker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Totally agree about Fred and it's unfortunate because he's already such a complete player at such a young age. The Raptors organization and their fans seem to get it as he seems to be a fan favorite. Either way, if the All-Star selections never manifest, seems these fellas are going to have fruitful careers in the league for a while, maybe even be Finals champs someday.

• On The Rise: Landry Shamet

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Great article, thanks for providing the link.

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                    TheShocktocles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Absolutely love LS. I like the fact that he says you got to learn to play within yourself. Not everyone can be super athletic. He is a smart player with great skills. Especially shooting. I think we got another couple coming with the same mindset and shooting ability in Noah Fernandez and Tysons Etienne. Those kids can flat out shoot.

• Just might be a tremendous teaching point both to present and future players who follow, to learn of some of the hardships several of our outstanding past players had to overcome, and fight through, to achieve their chosen goals.and tremendous success.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Go Landry ! Hanging with World B. !

Comment

• Writing this before watching the video. How does World B. Free have any hair to cut?

Comment

• This weeks rookie list on nba.com lists Landry as the #5 rookie. He shot 67 percent from 3 last week.

Comment

Working...
                        X