No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmons is back and in the starting lineup for the Sixers. Landry coming off the bench tonight for Sixers @ Bucks 8:30 on ESPN

Comment

• Landry with a steal and an air ball in the first, followed by a running, leaning banked three to beat the shot clock

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Followed by an ‘atomic bomb’ turnover... he’ll quickly learn.

• Stickboy46
        Stickboy46 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think he went back in the game after that turnover

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
      Landry with a steal and an air ball in the first, followed by a running, leaning banked three to beat the shot clock

Comment

• Wish he banked in that three against Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Unfortunately, tthat was the only shot he made in the game. Finished 1/4, 0/2 inside the arc.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• A handful of NBA rookies have outperformed their draft positions, either by outproducing players selected before them or earning spots in their rotations over veterans on the rosters...

Good shout out to Landry. Sorry if I didn't link right, I'm old and pre-internet.

Comment

• 13 points tonight in 25 minutes on 4-8 shooting, 2-5 from 3.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                13 points tonight in 25 minutes on 4-8 shooting, 2-5 from 3.
                That's good that he is scoring now, he was losing minutes in the 2 games before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

That's good that he is scoring now, he was losing minutes in the 2 games before that.
                  In the limited time I’ve viewed the 6ers, it appears to me that Brett Brown plays lots of players for depth reasons, etc. He seems to give more minutes off of the bench to the “hot hand”. Landry wasn’t scoring and therefore fewer minutes. He hits some shots and minutes go up. It varies each game.

Comment

• Landry plays against the Raptors tonight, Fred is questionable for the game. 6:30 on NBATV (Cox 259), obviously you would have to set your DVRs for this one.

Comment

• Landry off to a good start tonight. 4/5 , 3/4 from 3 with 11 points in the first half.

Watching him play alongside Simmons and Embiid makes me sad that we lost out on the chance to see him play next to Baker and Van Vleet

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                        C0|dB|00ded commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You want him taking Cotton's spot? No thanks. He'd have to replace Baker - more blasphemy.

T

...:cool:

• FadedCrown
                        FadedCrown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        C0|dB|00ded Cotton was gone by Shamet's freshman year.

• C0|dB|00ded
                        C0|dB|00ded commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Omg... can't believe I forgot that.

T

...:cool:

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Landry off to a good start tonight. 4/5 , 3/4 from 3 with 11 points in the first half.

Watching him play alongside Simmons and Embiid makes me sad that we lost out on the chance to see him play next to Baker and Van Vleet
                      I think about that way too much, man.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I think about that way too much, man.
                        Eh, looking back on it, it kinda looks like redshirting his Freshman year really helped him in the long run. Hell, even after a redshirt season he still wasn't polished until conference play (albeit against lowly MVC opponents). Even if Shamet saw significant playing time with VanVleet/Baker, he would have just looked like a complementary piece.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                          Stickboy46 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Disagree .. Redshirting him was a waste .. considering he left with 2 year of eligibility.

• FadedCrown
                          FadedCrown commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Stickboy46 Well it is not like we had the option to redshirt him or not. If he is out for the year with an injury and you can redshirt him you might as well.

• Stickboy46
                          Stickboy46 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I believe he would have been able to be back in March of that year. How effective he would have been is a different story.

• Comment

• With 7:11 left in the 4th Q, Landry has played 16 minutes, 11 points, and leads the team in +/- with +18. Sixers up 10.

Comment

Working...
                          X