No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if we start seeing jerseys with the #23 on them in the stands when we play Temple in Philly. Interesting that Shamet and Fred have the same number.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• im stunned, all the other names on this list are top recruits, 5 star guys

Comment

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, hope this is a nothingburger.

First Fred, now Landry. This is a trend the Shox need to avoid and quickly.

• OregonShocker
        OregonShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Shock Top I'm guessing it was a problem new to the staff; we haven't had many players garner attention like this in the past. I'm guessing HCGM and staff are getting a crash course on counseling players about the rules. Doubt it becomes much of a problem in the future.

• Really disappointed to see Landry listed in connection with Dawkins.

Comment

• TheShocktocles
        TheShocktocles commented
        Editing a comment
        The fact that an agent may have approached Landry or been involved as he says does not mean that Landry did anything wrong. However I would be cocerned if agent went into court and testified under oath that he payed a player S20,000 to go to my school. In addition if my parent guardians say they were advised by Larry Brown I would be making arrangements to go to jail in the future.

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
      Really disappointed to see Landry listed in connection with Dawkins.
      It's all about the timing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

It's all about the timing.
        The arrests were made before last season so the timing probably won't work to his favor.

Comment

• I'm not worried. The things that are coming out are going to force the NCAA to make systemic changes because it's EVERYWHERE. I know it's surprising but when you create a profitable industry where there is money to be made, currently by administrators and athletic departments, of course it will funnel down.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
            Really disappointed to see Landry listed in connection with Dawkins.
            I would be REALLY surprised if Landry knowingly broke rules. Actively involved can mean lots of things including just trying to get the kid signed even if he wont.

Comment

• Timing really doesn't matter to Landry. He doesn't care about NCAA rules at this point.

Comment

• Landry and Fred were our two highest rated recruits and both Top 100ish players. If I had to guess, the shoe guys are in the ears of almost all Top 100 players - it's really not that many kids when you think about. The schools really have no control over what the kids did with these shoe companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                  https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...411684352?s=21

im stunned, all the other names on this list are top recruits, 5 star guys
                  Just goes to show you that every single player that might have a shot at the NBA gets approached (and possibly given stuff) by shoe guys and agents. We're not immune from them just because we're in Wichita, don't get 5 stars and not in a "power conference".

I'd be worried at this point that every single second of the last 2-3 years will be wiped off the books. The NCAA can go either way: Don't punish anyone, or punish literally everyone, and it's up in the air as to which way they'll go at this point. It'd be surprising if they go with the latter, but with the NCAA you never know. They might just feel like blowing everything up to prove their supreme power.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

I'd be worried at this point that every single second of the last 2-3 years will be wiped off the books.
                    If that happened, and NOTHING happened to NC or KU (or their ilk), I'd be first in line for a march to Indiana to burn NCAA HQ!

Comment

• I thought I'd peruse a few MVC message boards to see their reaction to Creighton being alleged to have offered Bowen the big bucks and came across this gem from "Da Coach" on the Bradley board:

And as with the revelation yesterday that Landry Shamet was getting paid while in college at Wichita State and confirming what has been long known that Gregg Marshall is a long-time chreater . . .
                      It's no wonder he is the biggest joke and known liar among the MVC boards.

Comment

• Dawkins is an Adidas guy. Shamet signed a deal with Nike. Was WSU an Adidas school? I never really payed much attention back then.

It looks like if Dawkins paid anything to Shamet, he got nothing in return, including Shamet's school choice, choice of agents, or shoe deal after he got to the league.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I thought I'd peruse a few MVC message boards to see their reaction to Creighton being alleged to have offered Bowen the big bucks and came across this gem from "Da Coach" on the Bradley board:

It's no wonder he is the biggest joke and known liar among the MVC boards.
                          And that's why everybody, even Bradley fans, call tornado and DaCoach the biggest blabbermouth f*ckheads on the internet. They pump themselves up based on lying. It's the only thing they have at an aging and irrelevant program like Badley.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• RoyalShock
                            RoyalShock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            He also used FVV's indiscretion to say that WSU cheats to win. Someone that disingenuous can only be thought of as a liar.

• Landry is going off on the Mavs in China right now on NBA TV. 16 points on 5-7 and 3-5 from three, 3 boards and 1 assist with 0 turnovers.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Stickboy46
                            Stickboy46 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Wonder when that will pop up on the Bradley board.
                        Working...
                        X