No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My understanding is that Landry has been invited to the Draft and will be there in New York on Thursday night. That is a positive sign that the NBA believes he has a chance to go in the first round.

Comment

• SweetShocker
      SweetShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      That doesn't mean that he will go in the first round. They call second rounders too.

• Comment

• kcshocker11
      kcshocker11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fred wasnt invited either

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe Green Room is for Lottery picks only right? There is the draft room, then the green room ... i think

• What about the Champagne Room? That's where I'd want to be.

Comment

• He's attending, though he may just be sitting in the crowd, like other players have done in the past. He can still go up if he's drafted though.
      The Assman

Comment

• 538 lists Landry as 28th in the draft.

We usually don’t release our CARMELO NBA projections until after the NBA draft. But this year, in an effort to procrastinate from other modelling-related tasks,…

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...day/111177840/

Guess LS being in the draft crowd rather than the green room is his own decision?

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't get that impression from the article. All it really said was that he was attending in the audience, not in the green room. It didn't mention anything else, which does not imply that he was invited to the green room and preferred the audience.

• SHOCKvalue
            SHOCKvalue commented
            Editing a comment
            "That's why deciding to attend the 2018 NBA draft in person - not in the green room with some of the more well-known names but in the audience - was seemingly a no-brainer for the sleeper who may go in the late first round, the second … or not at all."

I'll go with the words "deciding" and "no-brainer" as a pretty clear indication that he was given a choice and chose one over the other, Alex. Final answer.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
            Downtown Shocker Brown commented
            Editing a comment
            Ohhhh. Sorry. And you made it a true daily double and lost everything.

The decision was whether to attend or not. It was a no-brainer to attend. Celebrate with his mom. Give her that moment of seeing him on stage with the commissioner.

Next category.. Please.

• Really hoping the Suns snag him! But where ever he goes...I think he's gonna be a steal for anybody! Go Landry! Go SHOCKS!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Somebody needs to set up a poll. Landry goes in the top 10, goes 10-20, etc

Comment

• SweetShocker
              SweetShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              If anybody says top 20, they need to up their medication.

• SHOCKvalue - there's just no chance he was invited to the green room. It's invitation only for the guys they think are going to go in the lottery. It's widely publicized who is invited because everyone who gets invited wants everyone else to know they were invited: https://www.zagsblog.com/2018/06/19/...tes-for-draft/

But, grammatically, I think the sentence doesn't quite suggest he was invited to the green room, anyway. While it's certainly slightly ambiguous, remove the portion of the sentence separated by the dashes, and the sentence reads that his decision to attend in person was a no-brainer. NOT that his decision to pick the audience over the green room was a no-brainer. That's just superfluous information as to where he will specifically be sitting.

Comment

• SweetShocker
              SweetShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Hopefully he gets drafted. The shock of not being drafted would send him to the brown room ...A.K.A toilet

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              GFY

• Downtown Shocker Brown
              Editing a comment
              Good call, SweetShocker. Channeling your inner troll.

Well done. Now you just need the “Glad I was wrong” post.

• The Atlanta Hawks drafted kid from MARYLAND... just to put in perspective

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
              Editing a comment
              A talented and hard working kid who busted his ass to get where he is. Should NBA teams pass on him because he went to Maryland? Your perspective sucks.
              Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; June 21, 2018, 11:03 PM.

• Landry going 26th to the sixers!

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
              ShockerDropOut commented
              Editing a comment
              Go Landry!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see him going to an ascending team. Good fit.

• Hard for anyone to say he made a mistake now.

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree and I was one who sort of thought he did.

• DUShock
              DUShock commented
              Editing a comment
              I am in that camp, but I am pleased to have been wrong and look forward to cheering Landry on with the rest of the Shocker NBA crew.

• Congrats Landry!
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I had zero doubt he would be a first rounder, great fit!

Comment

• He bet on himself

Comment

Working...
                X