Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
    Landry playing the 5 on 5 on ESPN for the combine right now FYI...

He's looked like trash in every 5v5 he's played so far. He's going to end up in the 2nd round if he doesn't watch out. Granted, that probably won't matter as most 2nd rounders get guaranteed contracts, I'd still rather get picked in the 1st so you don't have to worry.

Comment

• SweetShocker
      SweetShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      He wouldn't be in the first round anyway. Second round at best

• SweetShocker
      SweetShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't have to worry. That borders on Pie in the Sky thinking.

• Teams have patience and give more chances to 1st rounders because of how much is invested in them. With 2nd rounders, not so much.

Comment

• 2nd round has become a much more reliable option. Especially the first 10 picks, almost all of them end up with multiyear guarantees. https://theathletic.com/350458/2018/...und-prospects/

Also in publications that have updated since yesterday Landry keeps sliding up as I expected: http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/18/nba-mock-draft-2018/ Both have him to Phoenix which is interesting. Also T-Wolves have spoken with Landry, they have pick 20 and 48, and Portland will be bringing him in next week it sounds, Portland has pick 24 only. Suffice to say Landry is drawing plenty of first round interest.

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        From an earlier post, lots of first-round interest is not a good thing. The comment was to watch the teams he works out for and the fewer the better. Seems that if a team is committed, they guarantee a first-round pick if the player will stop working out with other teams. In that situation, working out with a lot of teams means none of them are making a first-round commitment. Or possibly he's shopping for a higher pick in the first round.

• ShockCrazy
        ShockCrazy commented
        Editing a comment
        I think your premise is faulty, and wrong. There are no guarantees, teams have no obligation come draft day. Any agent who doesn't get his client in front of as many people possible isn't doing his job when the client has no control over the decision. The only players who won't work out for many teams are sure fire top picks, which Landry definitely won't be.

• The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• His mindset is incredible. Guys a winner and knows what he can bring as a professional. Very confident. If those feet hold up...the sky's the limit for this young man! Go Landry!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Wichita State's Landry Shamet could give Bulls backcourt versatility they desperately need

Comment

• I wish LS would have come back for one more season. I think he's a second rounder. Hope I'm wrong.
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• He made his decision.. Let's just be fans of his what ever happens

Comment

• Here's an interview with Landry

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ESPN doing a mock draft on air... Half way curious where he gets pegged by their "experts"

Comment

• Woj has Landry at #23 to Pacers... Just a mock but...

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                      Woj has Landry at #23 to Pacers... Just a mock but...
                      Just saw the same thing (different mock) and was about to post. It surprised me, honestly.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/...n-phoenix-suns

Comment

• Next year draft looks softer than this year draft. Landry probably would pre-season all-American if he had came back.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                          OregonShocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And possibly broken a foot. And be short several million dollars. Yeah, he made a good choice.

• SB Shock
                          SB Shock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If he goes in the first round - absolutely he made the right choice. If he doesn’t then it may be less black and white.

• Right or Wrong, Landry made the right decision for himself and his mother.

From a personal viewpoint, I wish he had stayed as our very young Shocker team would have unquestionably gained from his play, his leadership, and his inspiration.

He gave his all as a Shocker and sacrificed his body for his team on numerous occasions. What more could we ask of this young, very talented young man?

Hopefully, he will get picked up in the first round, or no lower than the early second.

Looking forward to seeing another outstanding Shocker playing in the NBA, with many more following in his, and Fred's. and Ron's, footsteps.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                          1979Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If Landry had stayed, I wonder if Austin would not have transferred.

• when you're a 21 year old kid, $50k sounds like a lot of money, let alone a million bucks. How many people would drop out of college for a million dollar job? College will always be there if it doesn't pan out.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                          OregonShocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Once again, quoting my late father: "If you turn down a million dollars because you need more education... then, you need more education."
                      Working...
                      X