No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official group of NBA draft eligible prospects is locked in and the lottery is on the horizon. Here is The Front Office's Top 100 big board.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
      ShockdaWorld commented
      Editing a comment
      For those that don’t want to scroll through the article, they have him at 36, one spot ahead of Shake Milton.

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      That's in the range where FVV and Baker could have been drafted if they would have been willing to sign contracts at that level in the draft. They both decided they'd do better as undrafted free agents.

• Unfortunately, this ranking does not seem to include the half dozen international players that will be inserted into the draft by the teams to park talent and save money. That could push him down even farther.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Since I'm over here anyway I figure I'll ask about Shamet. Seems like he's slipping to the second round in most mock drafts. Any chance he comes back or did he sign an agent. If so, bad move.

Comment

• Originally posted by BirdsFan View Post
        Since I'm over here anyway I figure I'll ask about Shamet. Seems like he's slipping to the second round in most mock drafts. Any chance he comes back or did he sign an agent. If so, bad move.
        That ship has sailed; he signed with agent.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The combine may be helpful for him. I think he is more athletic than a lot have given him credit for. He's never been showy...

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            I was surprised after all the pre-career pub regarding his athleticism (box jumps etc.) that he didn't finish above the rim more often during his career at WSU. I wonder if he ever totally regained trust in his foot?

T

...:cool:

• ShockCrazy
            ShockCrazy commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree his athleticism is waaaaay underrated. He wasn't flashy and didn't dunk a lot, part of me wonders if he struggles to palm the ball, that's usually the reason extremely athletic players don't dunk as much, and I don't recall him going for a one handed jam. Regardless there were many times how high up he was finishing off the glass on drives went completely unnoticed.

• proshox
            proshox commented
            Editing a comment
            He didn’t finish above the rim much because there were always four bodies in the paint.

• I think he wants to start making money for him and his mom...

Comment

• I would do anything for Landry to end up on the Celtics. They are picking in the perfect spot, and he would fit right in with their style and personnel. I am enjoying watching them a lot in these playoffs. Brad Stevens has them rolling no matter who is out with an injury. I would be all in on the Celtics if that happened. I love Fred, but the raptors are always disappointing. Same story every year. And Ron is on about as hopeless team as there is, besides Porzingis.

Comment

• Comment

• Another Shocker to soon be a must watch in the NBA!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Spoke to someone tonight who has some peripheral contact with NBA Scouts. he asked me if I thought Landry would go in the first round. I said probably not. He thinks Landry will go in the first round but said watch closely the number of teams that he works out for. The fewer teams he works out for, the more likely he will go in the first round as his agent might be protecting him for teams that have high interest. It will be interesting to see what really happens.

He also said that he thinks the Raptors will not pony up to pay Fred what he deserves to avoid the Luxury tax, but thinks Fred deserves a big check and will get it from someone.

All speculation. Nothing more....
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He’s right about Fred. Not sure about Landry.

• shoxtop
                    shoxtop commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I must be missing something. I don’t understand this logic at all
                    The more teams... the less likely... protecting him from teams that have high interest... ?!?!

• Jhook89
                    Jhook89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Teams occasionally will guarantee a draft pick they will take them if they stop talking to other teams.

• Is that dearon fox in the video with landry. Looked like him.

Comment

• LS will be getting a better "deal" than FVV and RB come draft time.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Yes, my son said he heard Fox on a podcast saying he was working out with Shamet and that Shamet "can make shots from anywhere"

Comment

• The league has become so perimeter oriented it's a good time for a guy like Landry to be breaking in. Dude can shoot. I still think he's underrated in that regard. Not sure about how the rest of his game stacks up at the NBA level. But he just looks like an NBA perimeter threat. Maybe a shorter Korver.

Comment

• Dan
                          Dan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Klay was not the same player when he was drafted as he is now. I think Landry has the potential to evolve in a similar way (ie., he's gonna be a 2 guard). Here's KT's pre-draft notes:

Strengths: One of the top pure shooters on the college level ... Prolific outside shooter with a defined role for the NBA level ... Right hander who at 6'6 with long arms has good size for the NBA 2-guard position ... Shows an excellent feel having been around the game his entire life. Understands his limitations and plays within his game well ... Plays well off the ball. Stays active. Works hard to create scoring opportunities. Understands how to create shots for himself off the ball coming off screens ... Very good spot up shooter ... Comfortable handling the ball and can use the dribble to create shots ... Can use his left hand effectively ... Shows an advanced in between game with tear drops and the use of the glass ... Effectively uses pump fakes to draw defenders off balance ... Has perfect form on his shot and deep range. Squares to the basket. Quick, concise, fluid stroke with a high release ... Gets his shot off quickly and can do so without needing much space ... Exhibits prudent shot selection ... Large wingspan allows him to play more athletic than he appears. Can dunk on his defenders if he catches opponents napping ... Solid decision maker with a positive a/to ratio ... 1.6 steals per game as a senior showed his progression as a defender / anticipation ... Extremely level headed, doesn't show a great deal of emotion or get rattled easily ...

Weaknesses: An average athlete who plays below the rim ... He's a "momentum athlete" in the sense that he shows solid athleticism when he has momentum moving towards the rim ... Much better in the half court than in the open floor. His lack of elite athleticism gets exposed in the transition game ... Lacks great foot speed which inhibits his ability to take the ball off the dribble against quick defenders ... Recevied a one game suspension due to a marijuana possession charge, but scouts don't seem too concerned about that therefore it hasn't affected his stock much ... Long, athletic defenders can give him trouble ...

• Sam Axe
                          Sam Axe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree with Dan. Klay Thompson is the comparison I've been thinking about for weeks. And you can't compare the current KT to the current LS. Go back and see how Thompson looked in college, and then watch Landry's tape. A lot of similarities.

• Sam Axe
                          Sam Axe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thompson listed at 6'6" 200 in college

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 4h4 hours ago More
                        • Copy link to Tweet
                        • Embed Tweet

Jeff ******* Retweeted Rob Dauster
                        It used to be that kids only left if they were gonna be lottery picks. Then it was if they were first-rounders. It’s changed with teams giving guaranteed money to majority of second-rounders.

Comment

Working...
                        X