No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think LS will thank the most, besides his mom when he is inducted into the Shocker HOF?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• If he were my son, and if he could be guaranteed to go in round 1, I would tell him to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Mainly I'm saying the statement by a fan that said he'd be shocked to see either alandry or MM come back is just an absurd comment at this time. That is a reckless speculative comment built like National Enquirer type of comment. :)
      There are a lot of people who would throw out wild stuff like that on a message board. shoxlax is not one of them.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, I resemble that remark. You watch your mouth.

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

There are a lot of people who would throw out wild stuff like that on a message board. shoxlax is not one of them.
      No Shoxlax is a very good poster. One of the best imo

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        If he were my son, and if he could be guaranteed to go in round 1, I would tell him to go.
        what do you consider guaranteed? No team is going to guarantee that they will pick him because they have no idea who will be available. I think the only way you can "assure" yourself that you are a 1st rounder is if you are universally expected to be Top 20. After that, it starts getting weird with all the foreign stash players.

Comment

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, I'd say you are about right

• "Wooden Watch Top 10: Devonte’ Graham shoots to top ahead of Trae Young" - USA Today

By Lindsay Schnell and Scott Gleeson
        Published 9:23 a.m. ET Feb. 28, 2018

Devonte' Graham of Kasnas and Jalen Brunson of Villanova have beat out once front-runner Trae Young in the latest Wooden Watch.

"Here's USA TODAY Sports' second top 10 players list for the 2017-18 season, determined by college basketball writers Lindsay Schnell and Scott Gleeson:

1. Devonte’ Graham, Kansas
        2. Jalen Brunson, Villanova
        3. Trae Young, Oklahoma
        4. Deandre Ayton, Arizona
        5. Marvin Bagley III, Duke
        6. Trevon Bluiett, Xavier
        7. Miles Bridges, Michigan State
        8. Carsen Edwards, Purdue
        9. Kyle Guy, Virginia
        10. Landry Shamet, Wichita State..."

Comment

• No surprise, Landry 1st team all conference.

Comment

• Third team All American according to USA Today. Congratulations Landry!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa.../amp/385880002
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Congrats Landry!!!!
              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, pin -- worthwhile article.

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Is UMBCs little point guard Landry's mini-me?

Comment

• You know when you do a home project like painting or wallpapering and you see every little defect. Others come in and compliment you on the job but you just can't get past those little nitpicky things you know are there. I think we, as avid fans, sometimes get so consumed by the plays guys don't make we fail to appreciate the overall quality of their games. I plead guilty.

Congratulations Landry for being objectively recognized by those not so close that they don't live or die with every win or loss.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                      GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fair point. It is something to truly consider. That said, is it possible the same argument could be made for the "objective" viewers? What I mean is they see the highlights and the box scores and the good stuff...basing their opinions off of this?

I do agree with the concept that the failed plays, especially in an otherwise underwhelming season, do seem to weigh heavier in the memories of the avid fans than with others. I know I tend to perseverate on the things that need improvement rather than find the silver lining in many instances, so very good reflection on your part to identify that.

• Aargh
                      Aargh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Class, today's new word is perseverate

per·sev·er·ate
                      pərˈsevəˌrāt/
                      verbPsychology
                      verb: perseverate; 3rd person present: perseverates; past tense: perseverated; past participle: perseverated; gerund or present participle: perseverating

repeat or prolong an action, thought, or utterance after the stimulus that prompted it has ceased.

• IMO, Landry will be drafted as a shooting guard that can also double as a 3rd PG. He is not an NBA PG at this point but he could possibly become one over time. He just doesn’t have the instincts or handles to play point. FVV has some of the best instincts and handles I’ve ever seen in college and he was not even drafted. Granted he doesn’t have Landry’s size, but if you are looking for a PG, these 2 guys don’t compare.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                      FadedCrown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Landry's shooting is the reason he could be effective at the 2 at the NBA level

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree, the NBA is filled with guys that can shoot the ball but are average defenders

• The way I view things is that Shamet needs to stay one more year. If lomax comes and plays pg and him at the 2,OMG! We’re gonna be so lethal!! So I hope he stays one more year, but the kid will make his decision to what he feels is right for his future.

Seeing that picture where reeves is talking to him trying to comfort him after the loss, Shamet probably isn’t done yet and wants to win it all! But who knows what he’s thinking?

Comment

Working...
                    X