No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see Landry operate with a cleared lane without PNR.... I think his athleticism is better than most 3rd parties think.

Comment

• Frankly, Shaq Morris has become a better player than Shamet and McDuffie. He is certainly more consistent

Comment

• shocks02
        shocks02 commented
        Editing a comment
        Because Shaq was consistent for four games? What about the first 17 games of the season in which Landry consistently produced every night?

• bighouse
        bighouse commented
        Editing a comment
        did you forget how to spell phog?

• Originally posted by SweetShocker View Post
      Frankly, Shaq Morris has become a better player than Shamet and McDuffie. He is certainly more consistent
      In what world is Shaq more consistent than Landry? Shaq's go to is inconsistency. We already ignoring Shaq no showed at Memphis? A 3 game slump does not a career make.

Comment

Frankly, Shaq Morris has become a better player than Shamet and McDuffie. He is certainly more consistent

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

In what world is Shaq more consistent than Landry? Shaq's go to is inconsistency. We already ignoring Shaq no showed at Memphis? A 3 game slump does not a career make.
          foul trouble is different from inconsistency. I thought a couple of the calls on him were pretty lame.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

foul trouble is different from inconsistency. I thought a couple of the calls on him were pretty lame.
            It's not even just the foul trouble. 2-8 from the field and a stretch where Azab, who is a bench warmer at best, was pushing Shaq around.

Comment

• The fish monger keeps doing his trolling thang.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'd listen to a better player, or more impactful, but consistent? No.

...........and several Shockers are currently better than Duff.......

Comment

Here are some stat comparisons between Shamet, Morris, and McDuffie.

Player PER TS% eFG% 3PAr FTr PProd ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/40 OBPM DBPM BPM
                  Landry Shamet 21.4 .661 .629 .588 .330 338 1.3 9.1 5.4 29.4 1.3 0.6 15.5 20.5 2.7 1.1 3.8 .214 7.8 0.4 8.3
                  Shaquille Morris 25.2 .600 .580 .151 .283 255 6.5 17.3 12.1 11.7 1.1 8.5 11.4 26.9 1.5 1.1 2.6 .210 2.9 5.4 8.3
                  Markis McDuffie 14.1 .512 .462 .397 .372 93 7.7 15.0 11.5 10.4 1.5 1.0 17.2 23.7 0.3 0.4 0.7 .118 0.3 1.4 1.7

Provided by CBB at Sports Reference: View Original Table
                  Generated 2/8/2018.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, if I understand the chart above, these advanced metrics say that SM's PER (Player Efficiency Rating) is higher than LS's.

• For those knocking SM and his consistency, is the last 11 games, or all of conference play good enough? One might want to look at the conference stats.

You just picked out his 1st bad shooting game of conference play which was in a 20 point blowout. During these 11 games, Shaq has only 1 less steal than Landry. Fouls? SM has just 2 more in conference play than LS.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    For those knocking SM and his consistency, is the last 11 games, or all of conference play good enough? One might want to look at the conference stats.

You just picked out his 1st bad shooting game of conference play which was in a 20 point blowout. During these 11 games, Shaq has only 1 less steal than Landry. Fouls? SM has just 2 more in conference play than LS.
                    I love Shaq but consistency is not his thing. Maybe we can assume this 11 game sample is the new Shaq. But every time he looks to be turning the corner into the consistent DOMINANT force he can be, he goes and takes a nap for a couple games. It's just what he does. Also looking at conference at as a whole ignores his game at Tulsa, or just before conference play against FGCU, or probably one of his worst career games against OSU. He's still a excellent player, but he just has a game or two where he doesn't show up at all or makes bad fouls to keep him off the floor pretty regurlarly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

I love Shaq but consistency is not his thing. Maybe we can assume this 11 game sample is the new Shaq. But every time he looks to be turning the corner into the consistent DOMINANT force he can be, he goes and takes a nap for a couple games. It's just what he does. Also looking at conference at as a whole ignores his game at Tulsa, or just before conference play against FGCU, or probably one of his worst career games against OSU. He's still a excellent player, but he just has a game or two where he doesn't show up at all or makes bad fouls to keep him off the floor pretty regurlarly.
                      Well, you cherry picked his 4 worst games which all happened to be wins for the Shocks, 3 by double digits, 1 he had 5 blocks and was 5-6 from the line, and another game he was 2-4 FG. He really cost us there. He was 5-22 .227, 1-7.143 3p. By the way, you take those 4 games that didn't hurt us out and his FG% is .584, .500 from 3, and 14.7 ppg.

All players can go into funks for a game here and there or short streaks or just may not be needed much to win. It happens.

For example, I picked LS's 5 worst shooting games. He was 10-42 .238, 5-29 .172. 2 of those 5 were loses. It happens.

How about the 5 games WSU lost.

SM: 30-58 FG .517, 3-8 3p .375, 14.2 ppg. Take out the best game Temple: 20-42 FG .476, 1-4 3p .250, 11.8 ppg

LS: 23-56 FG .411, 9-33 3p .273, 13.2 ppg. Take out the best game SMU: 14-44 FG .318, 4-23 3p .174, 11.5 ppg

I'm not picking on LS, I'm saying sometimes we over criticize players while not looking at more of the picture.

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• wichshock65
                          wichshock65 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Then I hope ALo is ready to go cause this will be his team from day one.

• It's a precarious place to be projected. I'd say 50/50 unless he's projected Top 20.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                          Cdizzle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's precarious to come back to college after having 2 stress fractures as well. He's in an interesting position, IMO.

My hope is that he leads us to a Natty over the next 5 weeks, and moves up to sure-fire Top 20 prospect. Everybody wins.

• What was Cle projected when he went in the 2nd round?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ArtVandalay
                          ArtVandalay commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Similar projection. I personally think Landry is a better pro prospect than Cle. Cle was a tweener with limited ball handling skills. Landry fits the 1/2 based on size, athleticism and skill. I'd be surprised to see Landry come back.

• proshox
                          proshox commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Handles... this is where MM needs to improve to get drafted.
                      Working...
                      X