Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Confused as he wasn't in Wichita during the Final Four run
    What can I say, it was a long, long 3 years. Had to do some googling on the timeline.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      We got our wish that WK is gone, but hope that we don't get punished for what we wished for. It could be worse....sorry, what was I thinking?
      ”Boom Goes the Dynamite” on line one!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that was painful. I made it in through the 1st minute.

• Walker
        Walker commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao classic! Next Next Dan Patrick right there.

• bleednblackngold
        bleednblackngold commented
        Editing a comment
        That was incredibly painful but very funny. How he doesn't pull the rip cord I will never know!

• All in all, a pretty successful offseason.
      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Maybe KWCH will hire Hali Oughton away form the AAC but I like her where she is and doing what she is doing.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          I know I make fun of lots of exotic basketball names, but I'm sorry -- I absolutely refuse to take seriously any adult who calls herself "Hali."

• Will, Will, Will, early on, I liked your fashion style and clean cut look. I was hoping you would bring a breath of fresh air to the sports segment with a progressive format. Regretfully, you failed and I think I know why. It was apparent that you were trying way too hard to model yourself like ESPN announcers. Anyone could see you were trying to be too cool for school and that may work in a larger market, but not here. Lastly, you failed by biting the hand that feeds you. When WSU sports is the biggest fish in the pond, you do everything you can to appease the fans. Heck, 'fake it til you make it' as is often said. Even if you could not care less about WSU, you are compelled to act like you're their biggest fan. Too many times you were passive aggressive toward WSU and pissed a lot of folks off. I wish you well sir and hope you find a landing spot where you can act witty, clever, smart and cool doing your sports thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          Will, Will, Will, early on, I liked your fashion style and clean cut look. I was hoping you would bring a breath of fresh air to the sports segment with a progressive format. Regretfully, you failed and I think I know why. It was apparent that you were trying way too hard to model yourself like ESPN announcers. Anyone could see you were trying to be too cool for school and that may work in a larger market, but not here. Lastly, you failed by biting the hand that feeds you. When WSU sports is the biggest fish in the pond, you do everything you can to appease the fans. Heck, 'fake it til you make it' as is often said. Even if you could not care less about WSU, you are compelled to act like you're their biggest fan. Too many times you were passive aggressive toward WSU and pissed a lot of folks off. I wish you well sir and hope you find a landing spot where you can act witty, clever, smart and cool doing your sports thing.
          KCShox classic post!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

”Boom Goes the Dynamite” on line one!

Imagine how he performed on his wedding night...BOOM GOES TGE DYNAMITE!!!

Comment

• Rashers Kelly’s timely tweet in response to Kunkel’s announcement...

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                That was a classic. Excellent humor from the Wiz.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                Editing a comment
                WK going D3 so he doesnt have to sit out a year.

• 3G going to KWCH tomorrow to talk shocks basketball with Will Kunkel? This is either a sign that 3G doesn't watch KWCH or he just doesn't care about Kunkel's garbage journalism. To me this is the equivalent of 3G making a guest appearance on the Bill Self show.

Comment

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                This line of thinking is very tiresome.

Will has developed reliable sources within the program which turned out to be accurate. Be thankful that he worked hard to do so and reported what he could.

Oh, and stop being so sensitive

• Kel Varnsen
                Kel Varnsen commented
                Editing a comment
                Amen proshox. I always say if SN members' bosses were as critical as they are of Will Kunkel/Bob Lutz/others, 85% of SN would be out of a job.

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                Meh. Kel Varnsen, I'd wager 85% of people who do as poor a job of understanding and reaching their target markets probably DO lose their jobs.

• Originally posted by [URL="https://shockernet.net/member/3999-kel-varnsen"
              Kel Varnsen[/URL] commented Amen proshox. I always say if SN members' bosses were as critical as they are of Will Kunkel/Bob Lutz/others, 85% of SN would be out of a job.
              Big assumption that 85% of SNers are even employable!

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• If you don't like the thread, don't comment. Pretty simple

Comment

• Why can’t one comment on a thread they don’t agree with or don’t like?

My my only thought is that Kunkel is leaving so his critics can begin to back off.

I always thought that WK probably had a beneath the surface bias (he doesn’t even realize it) toward P5 teams and KU basketball may be at the top of his bias list. But horse is dead (he is leaving) so it’s time to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Big assumption that 85% of SNers are even employable!
                    download.php?memeid=31992.jpg

Comment

• Wait for big announcement that Kunkle will be named the new AD in Lawrence.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Will Kunkle with an informal chat wiith Gregg Marshall:

https://www.facebook.com/KWCHWill/vi...8977343694884/

Edit plus a short excerpt from his sitdown on the KWCH regular sportscast:

Gregg Marshall sits down with KWCH's Will Kunkel to talk all things Wichita State basketball.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                          C0|dB|00ded commented
                          Editing a comment
                          D-Bag gave a little nod to the ultimate D-Bag, Shooter McGavin, in the video.

T

...:cool:
                      Working...
                      X