No announcement yet.

Fire Will Kunkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason I watch KWCH sports anymore is so maybe KWCH big wigs see this thread.. Tonight Kunkle pointed that Frankamp had a bad game tonight. I mean seriously? WSU played a bad first half or maybe Cal just played that hard? Either way the shox came back in the 2nd half and dropped 54 points on Cal to win the game. On that note who cares if CF was off tonight? Will Kunkle wants wichita and everyone else paying attention to hate wsu basketball. The note of CF having a bad game today just seemed like a irrelevant jab and something negative for Kunkle to talk about. Fire that guy please.

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

**** Wil Kunkel.

Comment

I’m sure it was.
          [img="https://media.licdn.com/media-proxy/ext?w=800&h=800&hash=iKpTpL6E6ENTv6eVM5VX1SEQ9%2Bk %3D&ora=1%2CaFBCTXdkRmpGL2lvQUFBPQ%2CxAVta5g-0R6nlh8Tw1It6a2FowGz60oISIfYC2G8G2f1spyfNT-tdoDSfbqhsgUbeyoBhlI_IfnwEXO5H9P8TeusDtw2-peidfWwNhMBSAoGpmJB-4UyCFx3kdKpF-qtMWsc8e1-TwyJC73iVV8vLQll8fq4GKH6GWxUi3WUbO71GJlCE-dQposJ8nd6vtXgGdgvmqNl6Utkn2-064ruGhQrua2OKmeSFEA2GFzpC9MekvqG0xiOkW_gkhjw"]https://media.licdn.com/media-proxy/...qG0xiOkW_gkhjw[/Img]
          Last edited by Kung Wu; November 21, 2017, 06:54 AM.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I didn't watch Kunkel tonight, as I typically don't.

But it's hard not to say Frankamp had an off game: 1-11 from the field, and 1-8 on his bread and butter threes, plus one assist, is not the kind of game we've come to expect from him. Still, stuff happens, and Steph Curry has nights where he can't buy a three, either; but as long as his team wins it's all okay, and that's what happened for Frankamp today. He'll be back for another try tomorrow, and he won't get scared off by a tough game, nor is Marshall going to lose confidence in him.

So it's no biggie -- but why complain about someone saying he had an off game? He'd probably agree.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              I didn't watch Kunkel tonight, as I typically don't.

But it's hard not to say Frankamp had an off game: 1-11 from the field, and 1-8 on his bread and butter threes, plus one assist, is not the kind of game we've come to expect from him. Still, stuff happens, and Steph Curry has nights where he can't buy a three, either; but as long as his team wins it's all okay, and that's what happened for Frankamp today. He'll be back for another try tomorrow, and he won't get scared off by a tough game, nor is Marshall going to lose confidence in him.

So it's no biggie -- but why complain about someone saying he had an off game? He'd probably agree.
              Not only was he 1-8 from three, but at least two of those misses were from Wichita. If you're not hitting, the best thing in the world is to toss aup a quick three-ball from 35-40 feet.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

He was also ineffective at preventing dribble penetration. He definitely did not have a good game. He definitely did have a bad game. saying he had a bad game is accurate reporting.

A week ago Sunday, Kunkel had Zach Bush on running down some film. Bush explained with great clarity exactly what was happening to get open looks for some of our post players.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  His tweet tells the whole story of will cockles relevancy in Wichita. A local sports anchor sends out something regarding his home town ranked number six team and he gets one response. One! And that response was probably from someone other than a shocker fan. Do you think that Paul or Taylor would have sent something out and received one response back? Not in a hundred years as they would be bombarded with those wishing to discuss the game. And you mean to tell me that news directors don't notice this? Are their heads in the sand?

I personally would love to have a shocker Homer on one of the stations. I'd tune in.

Comment

I don't think the goal should be to replace Kunkel with a shocker homer.. I'd be happy replacing him with someone that was more neutral towards the college sports scene. Kunkel is a KU fan and hates WSU, he verified that on his own years ago.
                    Everything he reports on WSU can either be 2nd guessed or is just garbage journalism at this point. On Sports Sunday he said WSU can beat anyone in the country. Again, one could argue how could his opinion on WSU change so drastically? 2 years ago he said WSU did not belong on the same court as any Big 12 team.

Comment

Maybe he was just upset because his beloved Northwestern got drilled AGAIN (by Creighton no less).

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        Kunkel is a KU fan and hates WSU, he verified that on his own years ago.
                        Think he's a Northwestern guy, isn't he?

If your bosses were as critical of you as this board is of Kunkel, I'm pretty sure the SN unemployment rate would be in the high 80% range.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I don't think it's just Kunkel. KWCH has some history of BCS bias. If management at KWCH was supportive of WSU, I don't think we'd see the pattern we've seen since Bruce left. Might even explain why Bruce is gone.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I often think about replying to Kunkel's tweets, but then think better of it.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                                WSUwatcher commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Probably wise restraint on your part. The more responses he gets, the more he's likely to tweet.

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Good times...
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X