X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjl
    replied
    Originally posted by moshock View Post
    Did anyone else have a hard time with the lighting on TV ? With our black uni's - the players would disappear when they were on the bear head at mid court.
    Yes. It was never so bad that I could not make out a player, but it was still a bit strange.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Just got back from Springfield. We say in row 7, mid-court behind Mark and Mitch. Directly behind us were 6 Shocker fans in two groups. To our right and left were two open seats. Further to our left were two more Shocker fans. The season ticket holder of the seats to our left decided to sit to our right rather than in the midst of all the Shocker fans. Tyler McCullough's Mom in the row behind us as well and was holding back tears all game. Live, I didn't think the foul was intentional.

The guys on the front row were definitely giving Conner a hard time. We didn't hear what was said, but the stare down was serious. Earlier in the game, after the Zach Brown rim rejection, Landry got one on the other end that was called a foul. He was flabbergasted, but the ref said he got him on the head. At the line, we could see Landry's lips moving but not the shooter (Church?). Landry asked the shooter if he really got him, then he inquired if it was in the head. Last, Landry said really? Sorry man. Kinda funny...like a pick up game.

Alize is a nose for the ball. It was hard to figure out during live action how he kept getting all those rebounds. On offense, I can't believe the stuff they let him get away with. Shoulder to the chest, forearm to the gut. Repeat until he was within 4 foot of the basket. He did this several times and there was no call. Surprising. Shamet, Conner, and Kelly all palm the ball horribly! I hadn't noticed before.

Had a great gourmet burger at Black Sheep on Walnut! 4 oz patty+ 5 oz Fillet Mignon on gourmet bun with a spiced mayo. It was awesome! Saturday had some fantastic Italian Nonna's also on Walnut.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    Even air balls landed on the Bars' head.
    Indeed, fortunately we got the adjustment for that open in-game with ZBrowns "pass" to McDuffie under the hoop.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Just got back from Springfield. Had a great time at the game. Many have had great observations about it. I want to talk about the place our group found to eat breakfast. The Early Bird Breakfast Pub. Great place with almost an unlimited menu. If you are so inclined to have a little alcohol with your breakfast this place will accommodate you. A pitcher of mimosa's no problem, a pitcher of Bloody Mary again not a problem. Opens at 9 on Sundays but we got there at 10 till and there were people already seated. When we left the line was out the door. Great service and the four of us each had something different and everything was great. So looking forward to next year to eat there again....oh yeah and the basketball game.

Leave a comment:

• newshock1234
    replied
    A MSU fan behind us compared our team to the Golden State Warriors lol

Leave a comment:

• moshock
    replied
    Mo thoughts on the game -

First - Thanks to my old friend @shoxlax for hooking a brother up. My three friends from Branson sat in the Shocker fan section and had a blast. This is the first game I've been able to go to this season. We (My son in law and my 4 year old grand daughter and myself) had seats right at mid-court on row 9.

Shamet - wow - just wow. That dude is on another level than anyone I've seen in the MVC this season. He should get MVC POY without a doubt. What a stud

I sat next to a really nice Bear fan. Before the game started, He said that he thought CF was our best player. I told him CF was very good but I thought #11 - Shamet -was our best and reminded him that Shamet is only a freshman. A few minutes later that Bears fan delivered the "quote of the day" for me. He leaned over and said "are you telling me we have to see that (Shamet) for 3 more years ?" I said "Yup, unless he gets drafted first"

I was super impressed with Shaq. His offense is awesome - really awesome but his defense has really matured - he's not getting stupid fouls and just playing smarter all the way around. He will be a load next year.

I was sitting near mid court and saw Conner turn and stare down the fan....I was glad to see that in him.

Tyler McCullough's foul on McDuff looked a lot worse on TV than it did in person. I've read some nice articles on him and off the court seems like a great kid. I have a hard time believing that he was trying to injure McDuff. I think he's just a big oaf and was reacting about 2 seconds late. Who knows ? Lusk had just put him in because of Senior night - I didn't read anything into the bench congratulating him other than it's his last home game. He is from Fayetteville, AR - Arkansas didn't recruit him. He came directly from HS to MSU.

On the other side of us - there was a family from Newark, AR. They had messaged Austin and were meeting him after the game. The mom said that there was a lot of concern about his shoulder but he is in a great place (Wichita) to get some help with it. They also said that there were a lot of peeps from Newark at the game including AR's high school coach.

Shockernation turned out great. I'm totally guessing but I would say we had 30-40% of the crowd. It was the biggest crowd of the year for the Bears.

Willis is really quick. Like Carl Hall quick. I think he's "getting it" a little better than a few games ago.

I felt bad for Zach Brown...that dude was playing his tail off on defense. He just didn't have it on offense tho. Even the 3 pointer that he made was butt ugly.

Alize Johnson would be an NBA player had he came to WSU. Lusk is just a terrible coach. The Bear fan next to me thought Lusk would still be there next season but would be gonzo after next season.

Did anyone else have a hard time with the lighting on TV ? With our black uni's - the players would disappear when they were on the bear head at mid court.

Mrs Mo and I will be at Arch Madness next week. You never know what to expect there - with Elgin, the ref's and the clock operators - But I'm expecting 3 w's.

Go Shox !!!

Leave a comment:

• rjl
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    I must say that the Bars were the beneficiaries of some lucky rebounds. I know it evens out, but yesterday, the Bars were blessed.

There seemed to be a lot more airballs than in an average game, on both sides of the court. Shamet aired one that turned into a nice assist to McDuffie.

Leave a comment:

• wusphlash
    replied
    Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
    Didn't we have to beat UNI on the final game in 2015?
    You're right. I was thinking that was the next to last game. It was the last game for all the marbles. Unfortunately the losses to MO State and Creighton are stuck in my memory.

Leave a comment:

• Ricardo del Rio
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Congrats Shocks and to myself. There were very few of us that
    accurately predicted one valley loss when the conference games
    started. I not only predicted the one loss but to whom it would
    be too. Okay, that is history now. Our offense is really clicking
    now but our defense and rebounding were not that great today.
    Were not playing angry today - it seemed like we were just playing
    playing with them. We WILL win the tournament and I'm going to
    say be seeded 7th. Think we will probably make the final 32 and
    then who knows??? If we are hitting on all eight cylinders we will
    be difficult for ANYONE.
    I must say that the Bars were the beneficiaries of some lucky rebounds. I know it evens out, but yesterday, the Bars were blessed.

Leave a comment:

• shockmonster
    replied
    Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
    I remember a time when people on the board wanted Tekele to stop shooting. Players go through rough patches, give Zach a break. It will come back, be prepared to eat crow. :)
    He does fall into a trap of settling for 3 point jump shots at times. He needs to look for other ways of scoring. Tekele was most effective when he tried to get to the rim too. If you miss a couple of shots, try something else. Cotton's shooting woes were mostly when was a Sophomore. Zach is a Junior and needs to be more savvy and multi-faceted.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
    Yes. They beat the hell out of us the Saturday before the Superbowl that season. The one that Wilson through a pass to the slot from the 1.5!

Leave a comment:

• shocksrbest
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Take a look at the replay and watch Conner's dagger at the 2:25ish mark. Kreklow gives him a pat on the back, like "nice shot bro". Just seemed funny to me. But then I started thinking, was someone on the sidelines right there running their mouth at Conner?

Because the next three about 30 seconds later is delivered with a little one legged dance and prolonged stare at the fans on the sideline. I'd love to know what was going on there.
    Interesting...I noticed that too.

Leave a comment:

• Steeleshocker
    replied
    Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    The last 2 times we needed a win on the final day to tie or win the league outright we failed. Not today. Good job gentlemen.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    4 in a row, 5 of 6 and if you give me like one shot back in 10-11 and 12-13 it could be 7 straight. One might argue it even should be 7 straight. Certainly it should be 6 straight. Pretty incredible.

By the way, isn't Indiana State on the bubble too? I mean, they beat Butler so.........in?

Leave a comment:

• Shox21
    replied
    At least when our guys win a share of the Valley crown, they act like men about it. Sure they were happy and congratulating each other and patting backs, but they (smilingly) got into line and completed the handshakes like Champions. However, some of the Ill State players (only about four) found it necessary to lay on the floor of their opponent on Senior Day and roll around like a bunch of piggies in the mud. One of their assistant coaches saw them and gave them a stern look and basically told them to get into line. I'm sure they were happy (after all it has been a very, very, very long time since they have won even a portion of a championship) but have some respect for your opponent and act like the champions you are purported to be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X